Monday, August 21, 2023

Campin' Out


 
I couldn't help myself.  When I saw the board for the Four Seasons August challenge I knew I had to pull out some of the Cottage Cutz dies I bought during the Christmas in July sale at The Scrapping Cottage.  I'm pretty sure you'll see which corner of the board inspired me.


Campin out Bear on Log, and Campin Out Mountains and Trees.  They're older dies but new to me and I had the best time playing with them and remembering camping in the mountains.  Maybe I'll get back to camping next summer.



As always I used additional dies from here and there to support the scene.  Lots of ink blending for color.  Speckles courtesy of retired SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds.  I don't know how or why they're just the thing to finish a card, but that's the way it works for me.

What a way to start the day -- sitting on a log with a mug of coffee, watching the sun come up over the mountains.



I have multiple photos which I hope you don't mind.  Personally, I think "the more the merrier".  In this case I kept trying to capture the Wink of Stella shimmer on the lake and the sentiment.



I'll be sending this card to a guy friend for his birthday and I think he'll love it.

There's more information in the recipe below my signature.

Linking up:

The Four Seasons Challenge August -- Anything goes summer, with an inspiration board provided if desired.
NBUS Challenge #53 -- Of course, I have to link up here with my never before used Cottage Cutz Campin Out dies.

Thank you all for stopping by.  Have a nice day!


Stamps:  SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, dark brown card base  Ink:  Various Stampin' Up  Coloring:  Inks blended with brushes and sponges, occasional Copic for small spots, white acrylic paint for eye glints, Wink of Stella for shimmer on lake and sentiment  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Campin' Out Bear on Log, Campin Out Mountains & Trees, and Fall Vine, Impression Obsession Have a Nice Day and Tree Landscape Layers (trees removed), Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One  Other:  2 mm red pearl for 'i' dot.

23 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I can totally see why you had FUN making this card Leslie...the scene you've created with all the different dies is FABULOUS!! ALMOST makes me want to go camping too! (not a bug fan, but maybe there aren't any in your woods??!!) That bear just couldn't be anymore ADORABLE and I love that he's sippin' on a cup of hot joe too! Totally delightful card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs :0)

Yogi said...

CUTE... Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Leslie, I would love to join you for this experience! Sans the bear - unless it's this jovial guy who just happens to like coffee, that is!
Your attention to detail is fantastic and the perspective is spot on! [I'll take all the photos you'd like to share btw.]
It's time for a refill for me - thanks so much for sharing this sweet card!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

I would say these supplies were definitely in need of an outing! And what fun that bear is having soaking up the morning sunshine. I hope too that you'll be back to camping in the future, but for now, thanks for sharing this happy card. To help us dream!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Well, isn't this the cutest card! Love how you have the bear drinking his AM coffee on the log looking so happy! Nothing like a cup of coffee cooked over a campfire! We haven't been tent camping in years! It was a great experience!

crafty-stamper said...

Great take on the camping theme,love the die-cut scene and cute bear
Carol x

Ida said...

Cuteness abounds with this darling card!

HilaryJane said...

You really are very good at making scenes. This one is perfect, so much detail and yet it is not at all cluttered. It really made me smile. I like to see lots of photos too. Well done for capturing the shine xx

Christine Alexander said...

Hi Leslie, sorry I've been MIA, we just got back from a 2 week trip visiting friends and relatives in Ontario and Nova Scotia. Exhausting but fun :)
Wow this little bear scene is adorable, he looks so cute with his little paw print mug :)

Bonnie said...

This bear looks quite friendly but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable sharing my morning coffee with him! I do love your scene and I agree about those Itty, Bitty Backgrounds. They do add a lot to this fantastic scene! I can see the sparkle too.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness gracious is this ever cute! I love every darling little detail you've added to this sweet card! The sparkle on your sentiment is the icing on the cake!

Glenda said...

What a cutie! Love the sweet bear and the wink of stella on the sentiment. Have a good week!

Margaret said...

This is so adorable. Love all the different parts of the scene. I always love a good scene card. I think because I'm not so good at making one, I really enjoy looking at everyone else's.

R's Rue said...

Cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness ... what a fun scene you have created my friend! You & Diane are both so good with these Cottage Cutz dies! CUTE CUTE CUTE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Conniecrafter said...

I would say your guy friend will just love your fabulous creation, the bear is too cute sitting there having his coffee but I will have to say your inking/blending of the colors on everything is just terrific, and the speckles are just the right touch, totally love it!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...another one of your super cute die cut scenes and so perfect for Summer time camping, Leslie. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lynette said...

So darling! SO many pieces and so well put together. Camping is great. :-)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, your card is adorable and it took me back to when our daughters and later, our grandbabies were younger and camping was so much fun!!
Those dies are amazing and the way you created this little scene simply awesome.
Thank you for sharing.
Sending hugs💞
Maria.

Diane said...

Oh my, the cutest camp scene ever!! Fabulously fun bear and an awesome scene, you certainly are a pro with those Cottage Cutz dies, I am waiting for the next sale LOL!!

Loll said...

Fabulous scene Leslie. I always admire all the detail you put into your cards, and this is no exception. I LOVE the small paw print on the bear's coffee cup. :) What a glorious day with the sun rising over the mountain tops. Your friend is going to love this card! xx

Pam Sparks said...

You know I love this Leslie! It's so inspiring! I think I have these dies but I'm thoroughly loving your water creating! It's gorgeous!

laurie said...

Well I am a die freak...so I love all the dies you used...such a fun and cute card!