Monday, November 1, 2021

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge -- November


Hey there!  Halloween is behind us now, but we're still playing at Two Old Bats.  A card a month for me is just enough!  As always, there's a mood board which we can use for inspiration, but it's not required.




I love the brooms on this month's board, but do I have a broom?  Nope.  So I used a witch instead.  She wobbled down the hill on her wild ride, a couple of bats flying along behind her.  We'll imagine she was captured mid-bounce here, seeing as how I forgot to add a simple little bit of grounding under the tires, sheesh.  




I stamped the witch first and worked around her.  I used a curved die to trace the hillside.  Made stars with a stencil and Versamarker (pen), then embossed the stars with clear powder before blending the background with Distress Oxide inks.

Her outfit is glittered head to toe with Wink of Stella.  The stars by the sentiment are cut from orange glitter cardstock.




Well, that was fun!  I don't know how many times I say that after I make a card.  It is fun.  That's why we do it, right?  This one made a mess in my room because I pulled supplies from all over.  Everything is back in its place now and ready for the next mess!

Come visit us at Two Old Bats.  The turn out was phenomenal last month.  I didn't realize there could be so many Halloween projects!  Stephanie Lanzalotto is guesting with us this month.  Lots of cute and fun things to see!  Enjoy, and have a happy day!




Stamps:  Stampendous Wobbly Witch, Power Poppy Move the Soul sentiment, Penny Black Haunted Halloween (bats)  Paper:  X-Press It Blending Card, purple textured card base (SU?), orange glitter cardstock  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Lovely Lilac, Versamark pen, gray marker, Distress Oxide inks Chipped Sapphire, Milled Lavender, Pumice Stone, Black Soot  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Spellbinders Scored and Pierced Rectangles, Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Star Stax, Spellbinders Curved die for tracing hillside  Other:  Wink of Stella, clear embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp star stencil

23 comments:

Diane said...

This is just the cutest stamped image, I LOVE everything about it, and her sparkle-y dress is awesome, the look on the cats face is priceless, fabulous card!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and brilliant witch stamp,love the little bats
Carol x

Darlene said...

OMG this is just the cutest image and you've certainly made her come to life. She didn't need grounded ... she's trying out the newest in flying contraptions ... she's hung up the old broom for a new model bike! She just hasn't mastered it yet! LOL
OMG this just gave me such a chuckle this morning! LOL Thanks I needed that!!
Well done my friend and of course the coloring & design are FABULOUS! Happy Day to you!

Yogi said...

cute card. what a crazy image BIG GRIN. Have a great day

Lynette said...

So cute! I love all the sparkle! Yes, it IS fun, and that's why we do it. LOL!

Cat Craig said...

Such fun Leslie. Its probably a good idea to get a head start now while the fall things are still out.

Lori Kobular said...

What a great Witch card! I love the look on her face as she goes flying on her bike ride! Really fun card!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Your card made my day - your witch is just so cute! Her outfit is to die for and the bats are going for the ride as well! Jennifer and Rachel were witches this year as well. They have such cute costumes out now! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Margaret said...

This is really cute. Love the witch on the bicycle. It reminds me of my younger days on a bicycle only one of my feet when through the spokes of that front wheel and sent me over the handlebars. Lucky for me, just the bike received permanent damage. Happy Hallowen, a little late.

Bonnie said...

No need to ground as I believe she is flying that bike! LOL, if you don't have a broom, use what's available! Such a fun Halloween card, my friend!

Cindy Beach said...

I can tell you had fun making this onw, and that IS why we do it! I didn't miss the grounding at all, to me she is careening down that hillside! Anyway, witched are usually airborne! Love the glitter and shimmer, she is sassy!

Evelyn S. said...

She is one funny witch! You are creative (which I already knew) to use that curved die for the hill. I guess because I never create "cards that move"...I wouldn't have thought of it. I'm pretty "standard" when it comes to card-making. But not you! Great use of shiny stuff.

Conniecrafter said...

that is such a fun image, love how she has an expression of fright but the cat looks like he is just plain upset by the whole thing. Love how you colored her hair, and the shimmer you gave to her and such cool blending of the background!

Glenda said...

Super cute card! Love the coloring!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!!! Oh my gosh, Leslie, this is one of the funniest witches I've ever seen, and you know what?? I LOVE IT THAT SHE'S RIDING A BIKE, made me think that I might look like that when I'm riding my bike around, LOL!! I hope not!!!!!
Super fun, super cute too, her little cat doesn't look at all happy at her wreckless downhill plunge, I hope she landed safely.
Awesome card, teammate, love it!!!!!!
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

HilaryJane said...

This definitely is fun, everything about it. Love the sparkle and I love the fact that she is not grounded, I mean she is a witch, she doesn't need grounding xx

R's Rue said...

So cute. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

laurie said...

LOl how cute! What a fun image. I gotta check out that challenge. I have some Halloween cards I never got around to posting.

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous coloring Leslie!

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet, what a fun image Leslie. I've said this many times, you always have the best Halloween images. I don't make Halloween cards, so I really appreciate seeing yours. Great idea in creating your hillside. Love all the sparkles on her dress! Fabulous card Leslie!

Ros Crawford said...

Stop it! I nearly died with laughing when this popped up. Oh my friend you have such a talent not only in creativity but making me laugh too. Fabulous!! Stay well and have a good week

Stacy Morgan said...

bawhaha... Oh now this is a fun halloween card. Her dress shimmers perfectly. How fun.

Ida said...

Oh my gosh that witch cracks me up and so does the expression on the cats face. Such a fun Halloween card.