Monday, November 22, 2021

Puppies Love Squeaky Stuff

Hello on a Monday, friends!  I'm squeaking into the CAS Christmas Challenge with just a couple of days to spare.  They're asking for critters and I just happened to have a new-to-me stamp featuring my favorite kind of critter.  It was the sentiment stamp that caught my eye first -- something new from Stampendous -- and then I had to go on a search for a Christmas pooch to go with it.



I stamped the puppy in Gina K Warm Glow amalgam ink and the coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol odorless mineral spirits.  Gamsol always lends a soft, chalky look to the pencils which sometimes is nice.  I tried to keep it clean and simple, but it didn't look festive until I added the tinsel garland so I'm hoping it's CAS enough for the challenge.  I'll play along anyway.




CAS Christmas -- Christmas Critters
NBUS #32 -- Never before used Schtuff -- Puppy and sentiment are fresh out of the package.


 


Thank you all for taking the time to stop in today.  I know many in the US are getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday so it's a busy time.  In fact, it's going to be busy right up until Christmas.  Wishing everyone a happy day!



Stamps:  Stampendous Scarf Puppy and Squeaky Stuff  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, Memory Box Dill cardstock, olive glitter cardstock  Ink:  Gina K Warm Glow Amalgam, SU Close to Cocoa  Coloring:  Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits)  Other:  Echo Park enamel dots, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles, Memory Box Tinsel Ropes

26 comments:

Glenda said...

This is such an adorable card my friend! The little puppy is such a cutie and I see you using him for many years to come. Don't lose him, he is so cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Love that sentiment and the gorgeously cute pup-love it lol.My cough is loads better thanks to self medication and Helen has been discharged from hospital today as her face is healing nicely but still in pain with inside of her mouth but unfortunately they can do nothing about that just a matter of time
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Stunning coloring, Leslie. That pup surely looks like hes waiting on squeaky toys. So cute. Love.

HilaryJane said...

Love the soft look that colouring with pencils gives, your little puppy is perfect xx

Evelyn S. said...

That cute little puppy looks like a photo! Beautiful work with pencils, Leslie! (In spite of my conscience telling me that I have more than enough Christmas stamps, I have bought more. But I haven't started making cards! Hopefully at the end of this week.)

Yogi said...

adorable. Have a great day

Darnell said...

I love that you bought the sediment first and then went searching for a puppy! And, wow, did you ever find the perfect puppy, Leslie! Your coloring is amazing! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! And Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully we can chat soon. Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

OMG the sentiment and puppy are an awesome combo and wowzer so in awe of your colouring ♥

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Your little friend is just so cute! I hope he, Wally and Lulu get a lot of squeaky stuff! I really enjoy coloring in gamsol and prismacolor pencils. I fins it so relaxing. Your coloring is gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving!

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, he is so cute, and yes deserving of a new squeaky toy! Fabulous no-line coloring!
=]

Bonnie said...

This pup is ADORABLE, Leslie, and so beautifully colored! And the sentiment is perfect! I love the tinsel!

Cynthia M said...

So Darling! I thought it was professionally printed until I read your explanation! I've never tried the mineral spirits technique but I doubt few would ever be able to color at the level you are! Amazing!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness, that is just adorable, your coloring is just fantastic and that is the cutest sentiment to go with it. I love your touch with the garland, even if they think it is too much.

Diane said...

I can see why you bought both the sentiment and the dog stamp, they are just perfect for each other and so CUTE!! I love this card, so fun and so true of our fur babies!! It's amazing how we can enable each other!!

Cindy Beach said...

I love seeing the new things you choose, Leslie! These two are a perfect match and your card is so adorable! LOVE the soft colors of the pencils, and your touch with them is amazing!

Loll said...

What a cute Christmas pup and perfect sentiment, Leslie! Great colouring with your pencils! I love all the special touches! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, what a darling card, Leslie! Your little pup is adorable and your coloring is just beautiful! I also love your puny sentiment and fabulous border! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...your sweet pup, Leslie is so Dog Gone Cute!!!! TFS and Happy Holidays. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Lynette said...

Oh, that is so adorable, Leslie! I love your coloring, of course, and it made me realize you could do "no-line" coloring with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I had never thought of that! It almost made me put the Warm Glow amalgam ink on my Gina K Wish List. :-)

TK said...

Your adorable pupper is so sweet, and beautifully colored! Wonderful card, and your tinsel adds the perfect accent

pam said...

Aw Leslie, love your adorable puppy, beautiful soft colours, perfect sentiment.
Hugs Pam x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!! Your colouring is increduble and what a terrific image. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable it this! You really rock the pencil colouring, this is amazing Leslie, I love the softness of this. The added tinsel garland works perfectly! Love the sentiment too. Beautifully done!

aussie aNNie said...


Another most adorable card and love that puppy. .xx

Ida said...

Oh my goodness, What a cute and adorable card.

laurie said...

LOL! Now this is just too sweet!