Friday, November 26, 2021

Christmas Mouse

Hi!  My head is in the Christmas cards as I try to make progress.  How about something a little bit vintage today?  Goodnight Mouse is an older stamp I purchased a while back just so I could lay claim to a few of these Inkadinkado wood block art pieces before they disappear.



I stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Tombow markers -- no blender pen, just blending one marker into the other, light into dark.  I stippled white acrylic paint onto the pine bows and assembled with the bow and candy cane for decoration.

A lot went into the making of this card, but I'll limit the details here.  All info is in the recipe at the end.  I do want to mention the gold plaid background.  It's an oldie SU background stamp -- Flannel Plaid.  One day I sat with it and made several embossed backgrounds with different color cardstocks and embossing powders.  When the wet embossing had thoroughly cooled and set up I dry embossed with the SU Subtle folder for some additional texture.



Since Goodnight Mouse is new to me and it's a first-time use I'm going to share in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #32.



I hope all my US friends enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving in whatever way you spent it.  Now we head forward to Christmas.  Happy Holidays!


Stamps:  Inkadinkado Goodnight Mouse, Hero Arts From Our House sentiment, SU Flannel Plaid background (retired)  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, SU Handsome Hunter, scrap red, gold glitter cardstock, Neenah 110 lb white for candy cane  Ink:  Palette Noir for mouse & sentiment, Versamark for plaid background  Coloring:  Tombow markers - no water or blender pen, red Copic on candy cane die cut, white acrylic paint applied to pine boughs with stipple brush  Dies:  Spellbinders Scored and Pierced Rectangles for plaid background, miscellaneous rectangle for main image, Poppystamps Lovely Gift Bow, Impression Obsession Pine Pair and Christmas Icons  Other:  Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, SU Subtle embossing folder on card base and plaid background

27 comments:

Pauline said...

Leslie, this is so beautiful! I love the vintage feel to this, the mouse is so adorable. I love all the gold embossing on this, it's such a lovely background for your image. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I promised myself to finish up my card orders this weekend, so I can work on my own christmas cards, hope it goes as planned. Thanks for sharing this today, always love when you create! Have a wonderful weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

I love the vintage stamped image and fabulous embossed background
Carol x

Yogi said...

that mouse is just too cute. Love the card. I'm happy to say mine are all done, envelopes and postage put on and all recorded.... I can relax now BIG GRIN Have a great day

aussie aNNie said...

Wow a cute stamp for sure, so love this one, and fabulous colouring of it too.. Great deco's xx

LeAnne said...

LOVe this! What a fun vintage image! I have that background stamp too and never thought to emboss it! It all looks fabulous!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Leslie, this is just outstanding, your coloring is fantastic, love the glow of the light on his clothes. That is so cool how you did the background too. Lovely topping it off with the pine and bow!
Hope you had a lovely day yesterday!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh Leslie, the stamp may be art itself, but wow what you have done as a designer here is beyond fantastic. I can tell this was a work of love. The spattered sprigs, the candy cane bits the fabulous coloring. This is a card that should be framed. WOW WOW WOW.

nancy littrell said...

I have never seen a mouse look so beautiful and your textured Gorgeous plaid background is absolutely...Stunning! TFS your beauty, description and supplies..a real Wow card, Leslie. Happy Holidays and enjoy finishing your Christmas cards. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, you really grabbed a gorgeous stamp for sure, this image is delightful and endearing and your magnificent coloring brought it to life perfectly.
I love the plaid, gold embossed background, it adds to the vintage, nostalgic look on your card.
The pine spray with the golden boy and candy cane is a beautiful detail.
Stay healthy and safe, my dear friend.
XO

Ida said...

How cute! I love the mouse image. I also love the you used an old SU background stamp. I have that stamp and now will have to try using it again.

Glenda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the coloring on this little guy! Wonderful holiday card!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great Christmas card. I love all these vintage stamps! That's a great idea that you did with the background. The mouse looks so cute holding his candle! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Jan Mahew said...

Toooooo Cute Leslie! Fabulous coloring and just a FUN image! Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Jan

Barbara said...

Yes, he is vintage and grand too. This is a wonderful card with that special background and the added branches and candy cane. Happy Holidays to you Leslie. I love your art work.

Lynette said...

Amazing! I always love seeing your coloring. You must have had a very fun coloring this image, and it shows. I like when you tell all the details that went into the making of your card, as I often overlook so many of them. Great idea to stipple on the white paint. I think I may be getting some acrylic paints for Christmas, and I'll have to give that a try - if I remember! LOL! Wonderful card.

Evelyn S. said...

The mouse's garment looks absolutely plush...totally dimensional! And the image itself is so unusual. As always, your art work is beautiful.

Pam Sparks said...

So fabulous Leslie! i love it!

laurie said...

Great mix of colors and textures on this awesome card!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Leslie, I can see why you had to get this guy before he disappeared ♥ amazing colouring and love all your vintage layering XX

Cynthia M said...

That vintage mouse is so precious! I don't think I've ever seen such exquisite coloring with markers only. Amazing job! Love all the gold, stippling, and embossing! 🎄

Bonnie said...

I have never seen this Christmas mouse before and I certainly see why you wanted him! You have colored him awesomely with your Tombows and that plaid background is AMAZING! Wow! I LOVE this card, my friend!

HilaryJane said...

This is fabulous, love the vintage feel with your mouse in a nightshirt, who wears them anymore? So much lovely detail on this and your background is amazing xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Leslie you ought to frame this... It's an amazing piece of art! I love the image and the coluring and all you little touches just bring this all to life. I hope you and Rich are feeling better and that the scans are clear. It must be a worry - I'm not sure from your comment whether you have had the booster or are delaying till you know more? Either way, I'm thinking of you and fingers crossed you will both be fine.

Diane said...

I love love your vintage mouse in his nightshirt, wow a fabulous image!! I agree with Ros above, it needs to be framed! Love the background too which seems to work perfectly with Mr. Mouse and once again your coloring is fabulously beautiful!! Happy December 1st!!

Margaret said...

Wow! This is so fabulous. I love the mouse and then your adds of boughs, bow, and candy cane. Also love the background. Again, love your creativity.

Cat Craig said...

I am so honored that this card that so wowed me ended up coming to visit. Its holding center court in my card display and will be treasured forever. Its even more stunning in person. Thank you so very much. Hugs n Love.

laurie said...

I LOVE this...So adorable. Hope you had a very merry Christmas!