Monday, August 23, 2021

Dragonfly Delight

So, here we are, practically the end of summer and I've got summer stamps yet to be colored.  No matter.  I'll be making fall and winter cards with spring and summer sprinkled in between.  Sound good?

Today's card is using a Creative Expressions Designer Boutique stamp called Dragonfly Delight.  I bought my first Creative Expressions stamp earlier this year, colored it, loved it, and went back for more.




I used my MISTI for stamping the image and sentiment simultaneously.  Embossed with Princess Gold EP and colored with Tombow water-based markers and my homemade blender solution.  I left the background all clean and white, but drew a border with an ultra-fine tip Sharpie.  These flowers look like daffodils, but the leaves are definitely not daffodil leaves, so maybe they're something else.  Any guesses?  Nevertheless, they're beautiful and this was a quick and fun image to color.



I never plan on being late with a birthday card, but, in fact, I was late with one this month.  Now I'll be ready in case it happens again.

Sending my dragonfly over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #29 (never before used schtuff).




Wishing you a wonderful week full of all the things you love.  See you soon!


Stamps:  Creative Expressions Dragonfly Delight  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor  Ink:  Versamark  Coloring:  Tombow markers and homemade blender  Other:  Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, ultra-fine tip Sharpie for border

19 comments:

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful card! The embossing is just gorgeous! I love the coloring and the flowers do look like daffodils tome as well! I brought my Ipad with us on vacation so while Joe rests up before dinner I thought I would check out some blogs! My little bag of card stitching I left on the kitchen table so maybe my hands will feel better! One can never have too many BD cards!

Christine Alexander said...

wow, beautiful card, your stamp is gorgeouse especially in gold embossing and loose watercolouring ♥

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and gorgeous stamping...Your colours are awesomely gorgeous....xx

Stacy Morgan said...

Leslie this is pretty. I like the embossing and the springy feel. I sasy stamp whatever themed card anytime of the seasons. hee hee

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Summery card love the embossed stamps especially the beautiful Dragonfly and beautifully coloured
Carol x

Glenda said...

Oh girl! This is absolutely stunning. I love the gold embossing and the wonderful coloring you achieved! I must say, you play well with color!

Lynette said...

That is such a gorgeous card, Leslie!! I absolutely love your coloring - amazing dragonfly!

Diane said...

WOW, this is stunning!! I love when you gold emboss and then color, it just seems to make the image glow so beautifully. What a gorgeous dragon fly image too!! Flowers could be daffodils which happen to be my favorite flowers in the spring! I think creating cards with any seasonal image anytime of year is just absolutely fine, I plan on doing the same and look forward to seeing more of yours!! I brought a bunch of stamps and stencils to the lake house with me but it's been a week and I have yet had time to pull them out, maybe today since we go back home in 2 days!!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful dragonfly, Leslie! I love the gold embossing and beautiful colors! The yellow flowers are so cheerful no matter what kind of flower they are!

Margaret said...

So beautiful. Your coloring of the dragonfly is amazing. I love daffodils too, but have no idea what else these would be.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the mixed media feel to the stamp and you have colored it lovely again, I would say it does look like daffodil, maybe the artist decided to take liberty with the leaves and draw the kind of leaves they like :) Loving your gold embossing, and your hand drawn framing :)

Yogi said...

very pretty. Love that dragonfly. Love the whiteness. Have a great day

Pauline said...

WOW, this is stunning Leslie! Gorgeous stamp and coloured so beautifully. Love your colour palette, and the gold embossing. Loving all the white background with that narrow turquoise thin line frames it beautifully! Well done! Keep well, have a wonderful week!

Darlene said...

SO very beautiful my friend!
P.S. Just sent your watermarks via lesrich email address and also used that address to add you to the setting to receive notifications ... be sure to check your spam.

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful, love the gold embossing and your soft colouring xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my Leslie, this is a stunner! The blending is incredible and the card is absolutely beautiful. Hope all is well with you...

Ida said...

So pretty and refreshing. I love the gold embossing and the dragonfly and daffodils.

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

The colors you chose are like sunshine and fresh air, such a beautiful card! The image is so pretty and the gold embossing makes it extra special.