Thursday, August 5, 2021

Flower Frame on Wood

Hello, there!  Popping in to say... I haven't stamped in forever, but I still have some cards to share.  A while back I bought a bunch of new Stampendous sets and so far have played with only two of them.  However, I made several cards and sure had fun doing it!  Pictured below is Flower Frame.




Earlier I shared another card with this set, entirely different, but also very fun.  Today's card uses the full frame, quickly colored with Copics and laid out on some cute wood grain paper.  I surprised myself by remembering to use a couple of my screw brads.  They're not just for guy cards!  I also applied Wink of Stella shimmer to the petals and Viva Decor Glass Effects Gel to the flower centers and all those little floating dots.




I can't remember which sentiment I used on the inside.  Probably "Have a happy day".  I don't see the card in my card box, so I must have mailed it already.

I'll be so glad to get back to normal stamping activities.  Wally and LuLu are both doing well.  LuLu will probably always have a slight disability in her leg, but she manages quite well.  I have ordered a new stamp room desk from Wayfair.  Still waiting.  Also, I have early carpal tunnel in my right hand.  Makes it difficult and/or painful to type or color or do most anything for any period of time.  I won't go on about it because it seems like there's always something lately and I'd rather focus on happier things -- such as sorting out my room to get ready for my new desk!

Have a happy day!



Stamps:  Stampendous Flower Frame  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110 lb, Polkadoodles Peeling Paint designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Screw brads, Wink of Stella, Viva Decor Glass Effects Gel, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small


17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful flower frame Leslie, those colours are stunning as is your gorgeous colouring. xx

Yogi said...

Beautiful. Glad the dogs are doing OK. We really need to start life doing what we want while our bodies are in good condition and then work to survive... Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card. FLowers make me happy. Glad the pups are doing okay and that you've ordered a new desk. Hope it arrives soon so you can get back in your happy place.

Kathy Krug said...

Sweet card, Leslie. The frame makes a nice way center a sentiment, and I love wood grained paper. Do you have a brace for your hand or hands? When I hurt my hand a while back that helped a lot.

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. You can make something so simple look so elegant. What fun that you are getting a new desk. Hope the carpel tunnel doesn't give you too many problems.

Bonnie said...

Love these bright and happy flowers on that awesome woodgrain, Leslie! Hope you get your craft room set up and ready to go soon! Glad Lulu is doing better hope your hand gets better soon.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that wreath is so pretty, I love the added sparkle and glass effects you gave to it! That wood grain paper is so cool, the colors go so well with your wreath and I love your use of the wood screws with them.
So good to hear that Wally and Lulu are doing well.
Sorry you are having pain, I know just what you mean about having so many problems there is always something. I had to laugh the other day, hubby was praying for me and the list he was mentioning that I could use healing of was very long, I remember when it use to be one thing at a time. Hope you can have more good times than bad.
Bet you are just itching to get that desk up and get your room back to creating!

Diane said...

Beautifully designed card, so pretty with all the lovely colors! Glad to hear Lulu is doing better! I am sure you will be so happy to get back to your 'normal' room as it was! I have been looking for a small desk for the lake house, I will have to check out Wayfair myself!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamp love that woodgrain B.paper and little screw brads-thank you for reminding me I have alittle pot of those and always forget about them!Glad to hear Wally and LuLu are both doing well and hope your hand isn't too bad
Carol x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

So happy to hear good news about Lulu and Wally!! I love the woodgrain paper you used on this card and especially the brads! Your flower are just adorable! I just had nerve testing done and I have severe carpel tunnel along with trigger fingers - UGH! They want to do surgery but with my disability it would be very hard not to be able to use both hands! Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Decisions - decisions!

Christine Alexander said...

So happy Lulu is doing well, I bet Wally's happy also ♥
Great card, so full of summer colours. I'm sorry to hear you have carpal tunnel syndrome, not fun for us crafters, make sure you don't over do it colouring ♥

laurie said...

I REALLY like that woodgrain paper. I noticed the brads right away too...such a fun addition to your pretty wreath card!

Lynette said...

So, so pretty, Leslie! I could never get enough flowers. :-) Glad that Lulu is doing so well. I hope you love your new desk - I can't wait to see it! Have fun getting it all organized.

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely simple and flowery card, I really like the woodgrain paper and screw brads, an unexpected but very effective finishing touch. So glad to hear your dogs are doing well. Hope your desk arrives soon and that your carpel tunnel issues sort out, sounds miserable xx

Pauline said...

So pretty Leslie, your flower frame on the wood grain paper is so perfect. Really like those screw brads as well. Such good news to hear about Lulu and Wally. Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel, hopefully it gets better soon. Hope you get your desk soon! Have a wonderful day!

Ros Crawford said...

I love how you matched your flowers to that lovely wood grain paper and the result is so pretty! Lulu sounds a bit like me - since my fall last Christmas my leg has never been right and my knee can be so painful. Sorry about the hand problem too... I have it in my left hand so I know how debilitating it can be... Enjoy your week and take care

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh no, I am sorry you have early carpal tunnel in your hand, Leslie. Isn't that a shame, you so love to color and here you're having trouble doing what you love very much to do. About the card, I do think your screw type brads are really a neat addition here, unexpected, but not at all wrong. They look at home among the daisy frame.