Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Double D Challenge: 12 Days of Christmas, Part 2

It's playtime with Double D, so let's have some fun with this one!  We're doing Part 2 of The Twelve Days of Christmas:


7th Day    Seven Swans A Swimming
8th Day    Eight Maids A Milking
9th Day    Nine Ladies Dancing
10th Day    Ten Lords A Leaping
11th Day    Eleven Pipers Piping
12th Day    Twelve Drummers Drumming


We always have creative winners, plus a prize for a lucky random winner:








PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that your card or project does not have to be for Christmas and it only needs to be inspired by the mood board.  It does not have to be a match, specifically.  Case in point:  I was inspired by "Ten lords a leaping", but I have only one lord a leaping.

Meet Harv from Art Impressions.  We go way back.  He just heard the news that "old is the new young", and he's pretty darned excited.  Can you tell?




I colored him with Copics and then fussy cut so I could arrange him on the card with some other fun goodies which I'll list in the recipe below my signature.  The hanging presents were cut from an alcohol ink background which looked odd as a whole, but awesome as a die cut.

I have a bunch of sentiments that go great with Harv, and this one is actually from another Art Impressions set called Loads of Fun.  I won it recently and haven't had a chance to use it yet because, well... Christmas.




It's a busy time for all, but I hope you can play along.  Visit my teamies on the Double D blog for more fun inspiration.

One more thing:

I'm afraid this is my last post with the Double D team, sniff sniff.  Yes, I am sad about that, even though it was a carefully thought out decision.  This was my first ever challenge team and it's been a great experience.  Darlene and Diane and everyone on the team are the BEST!  I'm just whittling down my commitments to free up some time for other things.  Thanks to this challenge gig I have new friends, so thank you Double D!

Happy day to all!


Stamps:  Art Impressions Harv and Loads of Fun  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, glossy white (for alcohol inks), turquoise textured  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, various alcohol inks  Coloring:  Copics  Accessories:  Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder  Dies:  Die-namites Hanging Presents, Sue Wilson Pierced Flags, Memory Box Oval Master Frame (used just the inner oval)

21 comments:

Birgit said...

Harv is hilarious Leslie, what a fun card!! Your coloring and the blast of hanging gifts is just perfect. I wish you the very merriest Christmas!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and fun Leslie, and what a pleasure it was to be on the team with you and becoming buddies across the miles. Thank you for your gorgeous
Christmas card and I hope you have received mine, our post lately is shocking...oh and I hope it is not returned to me like your birthday card...weird...hugs.xx

Darlene said...

LOL ... OMG I LOVE your interpretation of the mood board! Harv sure is happy (as he should be lol). Awesome coloring as always and wonderful, happy design! LOVE IT!
Of course you know I (we) will miss you terribly over on DD but I look forward to our continued friendship and who knows ... might even meet in person somewhere along the line (wouldn't that be awesome!). Thanks also for your kind thoughts & prayers of late! You ladies have made this difficult time for me a little easier to get through. LOVE YA!

Donna Ellis said...

Laughing here! Harv is absolutely fantastic! I wonder if he is young again because he saw his namesake Harvey the Rabbit (from the old movie). It's a wonderful card, Leslie, and I enjoyed your write up about how Harv fits in with the leaping lords! I especially like the way you have used that die cut. It's in my stash, too, but I never could figure it out. I wonder why I have such a hard time with certain stamps and dies (and yet I love them), and then others are so easy for me? Thanks for sharing your marvelous Thanks for sharing Old is the New Young - we never do grow up , do we? Or do we, and we don't realize it? Wishing you the joy-est of Christmases, Leslie! xx

Margaret said...

Oh, my goodness! What a Hoot. Love this image and your card is so creative and such fun to receive I am sure. Just want to say thank you also for your adorable Christmas card. So happy to call you friend. Have a very Merry Christmas and may 2020 bring all your heart's desires.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, what a great take on the challenge. That guy just makes me smile. This is so bitter sweet. I am so sorry to see you go off the team. But I know you will NOT be a stranger. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations elsewhere. Hugs, my friend. and Merry Christmas.

Yogi said...

really cute card. only wish that statement was true. Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

I love what you came up with for the leaping, he sure is happy to hear the news :) I love that you found an idea for your background piece, it did work great for your die cut, terrific coloring of him too!
You will be missed on the team!

Kathy Krug said...

Good reminder about the challenge. I love you leaping lord. You always come up with the most creative designs. Love how you combine stamping with die cuts.

Vicki said...

Love this fun and happy card, Leslie! Harv looks like he found the "fountain of youth"! The alcohol ink design looks amazing on the die cut swirl. I will certainly miss your lovely projects at the Double D, but wish you the very best of everything! See you around blog land!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and great leaping lord lol the inky die-cut looks brillant
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This card is so fun and I love that leaping Lord.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! For a moment there you got me, Leslie, I couldn't associate your "Lord a leaping" with the one on the song, LOL!!
But he's every bit an awesome "Lord Leaping".
And I totally agree with your sentiment my dear friend, TOTALLY!!!!!!!
Love the string of gifts he's leaping for, beautiful colors!!!!!
Fabulous card, my friend.
Hugs.

Barbara said...

You are truly amazing and this card is so creative and shows how many ways we can be inspired. Great job with one Leaping Lord and the perfect sentiment to go with it. See you at PP! Merry Christmas!

Pauline said...

Oh what a fun and fabulous card Leslie! Harv makes me smile. I love these AI characters! Harv fits your 'lords a leaping' theme perfectly. Love your alcohol ink sentiment as well, works very well with your card today. I'm sorry to see you leave this team, as you always bring so much inspiration in your posts, but I know you will be still posting when time permits. Sometimes you need to let go of things to fit others in, I truly understand. Have a great day Leslie!

nancy littrell said...

I had the pleasure to pick up, touch, move around to catch the shine and...Laugh Out Loud at Leslie's adorable, colorful so fun Birthday card:-) Leslie and I had tea (me) and coffee (Leslie) together last week for our annual Christmas get together:-) So fun seeing the kids who brought me some of their favorite toys to admire and spent time visiting and then going to her wonderful craft room for show and tell! Always so fun to get together. I did leave a tray of krumkakes for Leslie and Rich!

Merry Christmas my friend and Happy Creative New Year. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How fun card! LOVE it!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a fun card you created! It is hard to give some things up and I'm sure they will miss you! Their loss and Rich, Wally and Lulu's gain! It seems like there is never enough time. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Donna Phelan said...

Sooooo FUN! He is a riot, this may be my new mantra....old is the new young! lol You will be missed from the Design Team, Leslie.....but just remember, you can run but you can't hide lol We'll find you!!! Thank you for your beautiful card! Merry Merry! xo~

Lynette said...

What a great card, Leslie! I love the hanging presents. I'm sure you will be very much missed on the challenge team.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

What a fun and happy card Leslie. Just love Hary! Great colouringas always. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.