Thursday, November 14, 2019

Let Your Heart be Light

Hello again!  I'm excited to be sharing another Christmas card today... not only because it means I'm another card further along, but also because I love how this one turned out.  I've used a Power Poppy clear stamp set -- Let Your Heart Be Light -- and made an outdoor scene.  You can imagine this as a fence or a weathered wood wall... however you want to see it.




This is definitely a favorite set from Marcella's 2018 holiday release.  It's gorgeous, lots of sentiments, and many different card designs are possible.   I made my card long and low -- 3 3/4" x 9" -- and happily have some pretty blue envelopes to match.

It's colored with Copics.  The wall (or fence) is white cardstock scored every 1/4" and swiped with gray ink.  I used an old Spellbinders die set for the sentiment, attached with brads.  The snow splatters are lightly diluted white acrylic paint.




Inside is this skinny sentiment with one little holly sprig and a whole lot of white space.




Total Christmas cards:  31

I'm still keeping up with The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge, doing a little something every day.  It's been fun!  I've even done some non-Christmas cards.  Back soon!  Have a happy day!



19 comments:

Glenda said...

This is lovely my friend! I love making things for Christmas and sometimes want to continue into the new year. I always wind up with a few to hold onto for next year. Nothing like an early start. Your coloring is spectacular as always!

Lynette said...

Stunning! Everything about it is wonderful. Love the fence and your awesome coloring.

Diane said...

WOW, this is absolutely stunning!!! Love the design with the awesome background AND your awesome coloring...beautiful!! Love the simple inside too with enough room to write a personal message...very pretty Leslie!!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, love the fence. Fabulous technique.

Yogi said...

Beautiful card. Have a great day

Margaret said...

This is totally gorgeous! Love how you did the fence and the poinsettias are spectacular.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a gorgeous look and a wonderful scene. I just love the beautiful coloring of the whole design too. I really, really love it!

Anne Buckingham said...

Lovely card. The "fence" looks like it has been white washed. Especially like the splatter of white paint to look like snow.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love the look of this card especially the size. I don't thiknk I ever made one that size. I love the splatters with on the dark blue falling down on the fence! Exactly what it is doing here now!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this for many reasons - the size of the card, your beautiful colouring, the way you designed your fence and all your finished details. Wow, Wow! Great splatters as well! It was wonderful to see your card today Leslie, you are such a great inspiration to us all! Enjoy your day!

Conniecrafter said...

beautiful, I love the deep blue sky and the glowing candle light against it, lovely row of flowers! Your fence looks terrific, the swiping of the ink makes it look so real, neat size!
Hope your arm/hand is doing better with all the coloring

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is fabulous. The colours and that stamp is just so good as is your colouring and design.x

Darlene said...

Oh so beautiful my friend!!!

Cindy Beach said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! And one of my favs of yours ever! I love the way you've designed this scene and brought it to life with your rich colors. Love the details, the tiny brads, and the swiped ink to make the fence. Amazing!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Spectacularly, wonderfully beautiful and well just gorgeous!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Leslie this is AMAZING!!! Oh my goodness even the snow looks so real. Totally love that you made this look like a fence and the garland. OMG!!! Outstanding all around. You have 31 cards so far this year, WOOT WOOT!! I have to say you have probably beat me this year, enjoy your victory. hee hee ;-)

Ros Crawford said...

The way you have coloured this is remarkable!! It's fabulous Leslie!

laurie said...

A wow card! I really like the long shape and of course the beautiful blooms. Very festive!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you created your fence and the dark blue snowy background. Gorgeous.