Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Double D Challenge: What is Your Christmas Style?

A new Double D Challenge starts today, friends!  This time Darlene has posed a question:

What is Your Christmas Style?
Please tell us your Christmas style and let it be reflected in your card.  Fun! 




That's our challenge and thank goodness because I still need a lot of Christmas cards!

So... my Christmas decorating style is definitely traditional/rustic, although I do make cards in all kinds of different styles.  At home I use a lot of green and red, pine cones and evergreen boughs, wood and metal decor items.

I also love the outdoors, and when we go for an outing in the chilly weather we always take a thermos of coffee or cocoa to enjoy with our picnic lunch.  The card I've made makes me want to head out with the dogs right now!





I've used a favorite Power Poppy clear stamp set:  Snuggle Down.  Colored with Copics.  On the red card base I embossed just the edge and then smudged with white for a snowy look.  Added a strip of designer paper and a big snowflake... another easy to mail card ready to go!




Total Christmas cards:  32

As always, there will be creative winners and a prize for a random winner.  I encourage you to go to the Double D blog to read up and see samples.  The team embraced this challenge beautifully and we hope you will, too.   Have a wonderful day!



Stamps:  Power Poppy 'Snuggle Down' clear stamp set  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, red, green, Graphic 45 'Twas the Night Before Christmas designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, white pigment  Coloring:  Copics  Accessories:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Viva Decor Glass Effects Gel (center of snowflake), Darice Ornament/Star/Snowflake embossing folder  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Square Set, Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes

22 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Lovely cup of cheer! Your coloring is perfect! Great design and I love the pinks! We have been dog sitting our Grand Fur Baby, Hank and have been hiking all over Cape Cod, it's been a lot of fun exploring the back roads (all sand) and woodsy trails, may have to buy myself a thermos! lol Merry Merry!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, just looking at this card makes me warm all over, love the vibrant colors on the image contrasting with the softness of your background panel, and what a beautiful embossing folder, love how the sponging with white ink made those beautiful images pop.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs my friend.
Maria.

Glenda said...

What a perfect stamp! I just love your card and all the elements! Another lovely creation my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design with this lovely stamp and stunning colours used...fantastic.xx

Diane said...

Beautiful cozy and warm card and colored and designed so beautifully!! I want to take Mack out walking but it is hunting season here and it scares me they will mistake him for a deer as they seem to shoot at anything that moves! This is certainly a beautiful image perfect for the challenge theme, your decorating theme sounds fabulous..take pictures lol!!

Darlene said...

Oh dear friend ... you & your card make me want to go on that outdoor walk with you! (and I don't like the cold! lol) But I do enjoy the hot beverage along the way! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day!!
Your card is AMAZINGLY colored as always and your design with that side embossing is fabulous! What awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for always giving me something to thinking about in my crafting. HUGS

nancy littrell said...

You have used the Perfect warm and cozy beautifully Copics colored image that reflects your Christmas decorating style, Leslie! I always enjoy our warm and cozy visit at your beautifully decorated home during the holidays:-) TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I love the rich warm feeling I get looking at this card. Makes me want to get cozy in my favorite chair by the fire. Such a beautiful addition of the embossed ornament - I love that! You know how much I love pink and green, especially done with your gorgeous coloring!

Kathy Krug said...

Gorgeous layout and card. The backdrop adds texture and dimension but allows the beautiful coloring and image still be the star. I love how you just embossed the edge of the card and used the pp to add a little interest. The snowflake is the perfect
embellishment. Great inspiration!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

All those thermoses of hot coffee or hot chocolate sure do give a warm feeling to this scene. I love the wonderful addition of the greenery and the little tree. And, the colors of the card along with the die cuts and embossed areas are magnificent additions too.

Yogi said...

lovely card. I'm not really a Christmas person... although I enjoy making and giving Xmas cards. I don't put up a tree or anything Xmas like. Don't celebrate and usually just vegetate on that day and am glad when it's all over. Bah Humbug... Have a great day

Lynette said...

What a great card, Leslie! You always finish off your wonderful coloring in just the right way:) Cool image.

Cat Craig said...

What a fun and festive card Leslie, so cheery.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

As usual, your card is so unique! I love the thermoses as the vocal point with the sentiment and the snowflake ties it all together. Good luck with your Christmas cards!

Pauline said...

Oh Leslie, I'm so excited to see your card today. You know how much I love your style. Love the cozy warm feeling to your card, and the way you have finished it with the embossing down the side and that gorgeous snowflake! You always pack so much into your cards, love it! Wow, 32 you say, good for you! TFS!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just adorable. It's so unusual, and I love it. Your coloring is spot on and the design is perfect. Love how you used the embossing folder too.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the traditional too, terrific coloring of your stamp, I just love how you did some embossing down the side like that and it looks great brushed with white, terrific touch to the card, and like how you topped it off with the snowflake!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous stamped image and amazing colouring love the rich warm colours and embossed baubles
Carol x

Martina said...

I admire your card, Leslie. It is truly beautiful and corresponds to your preference for a warm drink for walks. Thank you for the beautiful comment on my blog too.

Ros Crawford said...

I love this Leslie... The image is beautiful and so different. The way you coloured everything brings it all to life and such a wonderful choice of colours too!

laurie said...

Such a cozy scene!! I love the texture too!

Barbara said...

Hello Leslie! I had to take some time out from sight seeing to tell you how much I adore this Christmas card. The lovely things that you do in paper have always impressed me. Joining in the Power Poppy team has been a dream come true. Can’t wait to get into it. This trip came at an unfortunate time. When I get back, I will contact you with some questions,