I played with a new stamp set today. No, it's not that cute little mouse girl. It's the sentiment -- one of several in Your Next Stamp's Whatnot Sentiment Set Eleven. Lots of good, useful sentiments in the set, but, honestly, this is the one that sold me.
I didn't have a Your Next Stamp character to go with the sentiment (although I have some cute ones bookmarked for later, ahem) so I pulled out this very old, yet still joyful, mouse girl by Great Impressions. Mixing old with new is a real treat for me and justifies that hoard of stamps sitting in the drawers. I know you have them, too.
Okay, the particulars:
- The background is rubbed with SU! Tempting Turquoise, then splattered with water.
- I made the rainbow with oval dies, which wasn't quite as easy as I expected it to be, so now I'm thinking along the lines of a rainbow die set -- another "later" for my wish list. Smeared the rainbow with glue and sprinkled with SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It's all sugary and I love it!
- Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes and Twirly Clouds. Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets.
- Punched flowers and sparkly Nuvo drops sprinkled across the landscape.
- Copic coloring.
- The little mouse girl is popped up because she's jumping for joy, so happy about her friend's birthday and the prospect of drinking rainbows and eating glitter.
If you've read to the end, thank you for that. I enjoy our little visits. We're all in this stamping thing together, aren't we? Have a happy day!