Hello there! I was on my way to making something else entirely when a magnolia wreath happened instead. I can't tell you what a common occurrence that is in my craft room. I believe I was looking for foliage in my spare parts at the time. Ah, well, no regrets.
This will be for a local friend's September birthday, and she won't care one whit that the flowers are entirely out of season.
I used all the spare leaves left over from past cutting of my Memory Box Curved Magnolia Branch. I just added ink and arranged on a die cut circle. Behind the flowers I have bits of The Greetery Pine Bough in white, and a super oldie Spellbinders Floral Flourishes which was also in my spare parts already embossed in gold.
For the front and inside sentiments I happily broke out a brand new Simon Says Stamp set -- Daisy Frame. The set with dies is worth it for the sentiments alone, but I can't wait to color the pretty flowers that come with it, too! Oh, if only I had more time in my craft room!
I'll play along in the the AAA Birthday Challenge #88 where their theme this month is "flowers".
I'm also just in time to play with the girls at Just Us Girls Challenge #835 -- Die Week.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad we could visit today!
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Daisy Frame sentiment Paper: Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, pale pink Bazzill Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Versamark for sentiment Coloring: Ink blending with brushes Dies: Memory Box Curved Magnolia Branch, The Greetery Pine Bough, Spellbinders Floral Flourishes Other: Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, foam tape to pop up one flower





.gif)
24 comments:
Oh that is so pretty. Love it. Have a great day
I can't imagine that the birthday girl will think one thing about those magnolias being 'out of season' Leslie! They are SO beautiful as is your wreath with all the trimmings!
=]
DEFINITELY no regrets! So sweet, delicate and lovely, Leslie. Up on our “hill”, we have a magnolia that booms these exact colors! I always enjoyed peering into each bloom to see which of our many pollinators might be inhabiting it. So beautiful, Leslie, huggers….de
A stunning card Leslie. Your wreath is wonderful and I love the inside too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls challenge. Hugs, Denise x
I always love reading about what happens in your craft room. I see lovely things coming out of there and this Card is an example of that. Lovely magnolias in a wreath with all of the great background leaves and the gold swirl. Your friend’s gonna love it. I am sure.
I would love to explore your craft room...so much beautiful stuff comes out of it. This wreath with the lovely soft pink magnolias and bits of pine is a stunner!
Your wreath and magnolias are delicate and lovely!! Don't you love how the creative juices have a mind of their own. This turned out beautifully. I especially like the gold swirly piece tucked into your floral spray. The gold definitely adds another touch of elegance to this beautiful card.
Absolutely beautiful card, inside and out, love the fabulous Magnolia wreath, love the gold embossed sentiments too.
Carol x
So pretty Leslie! Beautiful design!
Oh so beautiful, Leslie!! Love your gorgeous magnolia wreath. The colours are so soft and lovely. xx
A stunning card, Leslie, so sweet in the soft colors and gleaming gold. The foliage wreath is beautiful! What a lovely combination of elements! My jaw-dropped when seeing this gorgeous creation, and I went first thing to check out the daisy frame. Looking forward to seeing more!
You shouldn't have any regrets because this is one gorgeous card! Love the colors, the magnolias, the wreath... it's outstanding, Leslie!
I don't care that the Magnolia blooms are not in season in September either Leslie...these will look fabulous all year long on a card! I love your wreath and the white pine sprigs and the gold flourishes you added too...one absolutely BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
Gorgeous magnolia wreath, love how you have colored everything, and I agree, we don't have to stick to the flowers that are in bloom at the time, I tend to use whatever I think the person would like :) Love your gold touches with it, and such a pretty inside of the card too, Lovely!
What a super-beautiful card, Leslie! I love the soft flowers, for sure.
Very nice.
What a clever and beautiful wreath, as far as I am concerned any flower can be used any time of the year, they are so beautiful and they need to be seen!! The magnolias are beautiful as well, what a gorgeous card! So far the last two months I have done pretty good not buying any new, but if you saw my bin of new yet to use you would see why, it's crazy!!
This is gorgeous. I love the pink and all the texture. Your friend will definitely be very happy with it xx
These spare parts needed to be rescued from the rest! The magnolia leaves make a beautiful wreath with those soft pink blooms. A beautiful sentiment inside too!
Oh Leslie, that is such a stunning card! I adore it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
OMG such pretty Magnolia, I love your wreath but the two delicate blooms just made my jaw drop xx
Not a lot of words to express my thoughts - Absolutley gorgeous sums it up!
Very beautiful. Loving the soft-feminine feel it has.
Gorgeous card Leslie. The green on that soft lilac is so pretty and love the dimension you have applied with your shading. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday - tristan (DT)
Post a Comment