Monday, July 27, 2026

Red Daisies on Black for The Color Hues Challenge

Hi there!  I didn't feel right about putting the daisies away without using them in the manner that first attracted me, so here they are, filling up the card and popping in red and white on black.  This one's for The Color Hues Challenge.



I added a favorite sentiment and a pretty little butterfly.  It's different, but I think I like it.



Not much talk today.  You probably don't mind, do you?  Sophie is laying in my craft room doorway making sad, neglected puppy noises which means it's past time for our walk.

Thanks for sharing your time with me.  Have an amazing day!


Stamps:  Rubbernecker Smiles and Thinks of You  Paper:  Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, black cardstock  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Real Red  Coloring:  Ink blending with brushes  Dies:  Spellbinders Fresh Picked Daisies, Impression Obsession Medium Butterflies, Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles  Other:  Three tiny red pearls on the butterfly's body

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card, love the striking colour combination, beautiful daisies and lovely sentiment-hope you enjoyed your walk.
Carol x

Yogi said...

Oh boy that’s BOLD. I LOVE it. Have a great day

Birgit said...

Wowza, this is stunning, Leslie!! The red daisies are so vibrant with the black and white. A gorgeous use of these colors.

Lisa Elton said...

I like it too, it's striking! The sentiment, highlighted by the sweet butterfly, is wonderful too. Hope you and Sophie enjoyed that walk!

Marcia Hill said...

I like it too Leslie...in fact I like it a LOT!! You used our challenge colors perfectly my friend and definitely made them SHINE!! GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues, and sure hope Sophie got her walk in and is much happier now! Give her a hug for me! :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, your daisies are so dynamic in the red with white leaves, and the black card brings the drama!
Just fantastic - have fun with Sophie!
=]

Lynette said...

Striking! What a great way to use those colors, Leslie! A beautiful card.

Cindy Beach said...

Your bold blooms look great in red, this card is stunning! Such a lovely arrangement with the white leaves and the vertical sentiment. It all works beautifully together, I especially love the butterfly and red pearls. Have fun with Sophie.

Pam Sparks said...

This is so stunning Leslie! I love it!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love it. sorry to have missed a few of your posts, but I have been away with the grandchildren and no time for commenting. Now I am home and have discovered that one of them has given me a horrible cold. My first for years! Never mind, we did all have a nice time xx

Barbara said...

These colors are always striking together. I love what you’ve done. No need to talk. I think this card says at all. I think you may have inspired me once again.

Cat Craig said...

Striking, Leslie. Love it ... especially the ombre.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE it, Leslie! I LOVE the way the red flowers and white leaves pop off the black and fill up the entire card! This is one of my favorite sentiments (that I just had to buy), and my cardmaking friends love putting it on their cards too. When I think of you, I definitely smile! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is quite striking and I so love the way you inked up the flowers and the coloring on the butterfly, so cool! Such a sweet sentiment!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card. Love the daisies in red, especially against the black. Very dramatic and bold. A "WOW" card, my friend! xx