Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Christmas Pinkapalooza

I set out to make one pink Christmas card, and it turned into four.  I was inspired by the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #63, which I missed, but want to give a shout out to them anyway.  POE currently has a blue challenge going on, but I'm so far off the mark I can't bring myself to link up.  Hopefully I'll get a blue card done in time.  I do need to build up my Christmas card stash!

A lot of friend shares went into the making of these cards.  The Penny Black Mugs of Joy are stamp offs from Cindy who knew how much I loved them.  Thank you, Cindy!

First up is the pinkest of the pink.  I embossed the card base with one of my oldest folders, then softened with white pigment ink directly from the spongey pad.  The square frame is from Sue.  The big snowflake is from another friend who no longer has a blog.  All coloring was done with a combination of Copics and SU Stampin' Write markers.



The Santa mug is next.  Another old embossing folder, this time I went over the raised parts with an RV000 Copic.  Tim Holtz greenery, Spellbinders sentiment banner -- each purchased on super sales at different shops.  The punched hearts are shimmered with Wink of Stella which is very pretty in real life.



The angel mug rests on nested frames which were cut and ready in my card parts drawer.  The embossed background came as a cover sheet in a Christmas card from a local friend.  Miscellaneous greenery dies from my collection, and a Memory Box sentiment.  I cut three layers of the sentiment die so it would sit nicely on the embossed panel.



The final card is pink, but no stamping.  Just a die cut snowflake border and beautifully scripted Cottage Cutz sentiment.  The paper is from my one 6x6 pad of Mintay Christmas paper that seems never ending.



The Santa and snowperson mugs are my favorites, but there's also a fox mug which I didn't use in this group because I felt pink was not its color.  Its time will come.  I still have several more Mugs of Joy stamp offs to use this year.

Color me happy to have added four more cards to my Christmas box!  Stamping in the current season will resume shortly.  Thank you for stopping by!




27 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love all your absolutely beautiful pink Christmas cards,love all the dies, cute images and beautiful paper on the last one-did you know there is a challenge called "Creations in Pink"?Thank you for your lovely comment .
Carol x x

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Leslie...what a wonderful pink post!! I totally understand how one card can turn into 3 or 4 cards, as I did the same thing! All four of yours are absolutely delightful and I'm especially loving the snowman and Santa mug cards! And YAY for 4 more cards for your Christmas stash...gotta love when that happens!! Thanks for my early morning smile with these lovely, lovely cards...you outdid yourself my friend!! Hugs. :0)

wannabcre8tive said...

These cards are all just beautiful. I love the mugs of joy stamps. I love pink so I really enjoyed all of the cards.

Yogi said...

Nice bunch of cards. You're definitely getting your Xmas stash ready... Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

You're pink cards Christmas cards are gorgeous Leslie. So very pretty.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards! Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Color me happy with all of your darling pink Christmas cards, Leslie!
=]

HilaryJane said...

What a great collection of fresh looking Christmas cards. Love those mugs. I shall look forward to seeing the fox xx

Loll said...

I LOVE all four of your pink Christmas cards (my fav colour!). So pretty and always great to have a little help from our friends with some lovely images, frames, etc. I missed the POE pink Christmas too. Wish their challenges were longer. But I've been playing with pink today and hope to have a Christmas card to post soon. :) Great cards Leslie and congrats on upping your Christmas card numbers! xx

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used these mugs and mixed pink with red on some! The backgrounds are amazing and the snowflake and foliage set them off beautifully! Love that Christmas paper too and your additions bring it to an elegant level! Your stash is growing well!

Christine Alexander said...

wow this is an awesome pinkfest of Christmas cards, that little Santa mug really caught my eye ♥

Denise said...

Oh so pretty! And so pink....love them. And gorgeous as always.

Glenda said...

Pink Christmas cards are one of my favorites! I have yet to make any cards for the upcoming season...I'm just in a slump. These are just beautiful and I love the mug stamps!

Donna Ellis said...

These are darling, Leslie. I actually love the pink tones for Christmas - not sure why, but just something about them that brings out the magic of the season! Your die cuts and layers are beautifully designed, and those stamps are colored so prettily! hugs, de

Cindy Beach said...

Well, was I ever surprised to see this darling array of mugs for Christmas, Leslie! You are so welcome and I'm the lucky one who gets to admire how you've used them. Such fresh and fun creative goodness! I can't decide if I like the snowman or santa best. You're doing some great fussy cutting too.

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my Leslie! This is a wonderful gallery of perfect pink festive cards, each one absolutely stunning! These will all be taking pride of place on the recipients' mantelpieces this year! Love the way the giving gives rise to more giving too! Vicky x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What beautiful cards and I love them in pink! So soft and pretty! Isn't it nice that you get such goodies from your crafty friends! I love how you put them to such good use. You are definitely building up your stash with these!

Margaret said...

All of your cards are so beautiful. I love all the textures you added to the mugs. THe Mintay paper is gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

Now that I'm done oohing and aahing... I can tell you how wonderful these all are! Love the paper with the tiny candy canes on the Santa mug card!

Lynette said...

Congrats on getting four more beautiful Christmas cards added! Well done! And what a great idea for someone to emboss that extra piece of filler in an envelope - genius! Oh, I almost forgot - way to use up LOTS of card parts, too.

Conniecrafter said...

I am so loving pink for Christmas lately and these are all wonderful! Of course since I like snowmen the first one is my favorite, the embossing and large snowflake are perfect with it!
I love all the greenery that you added around the santa and angel, such a lovely touch to enhance what is coming out the cup!
As you know I just love that paper so you can't go wrong there and that lovely snowflake border is a great touch with it, pretty script greeting too!

Evelyn S. said...

All of these cards are just amazing, Leslie. I'm especially enamored of that first one! (I think I had that snowflake die but couldn't get it to cut well.) The pink is precious.

Darlene said...

OMG these are all just amazing Leslie! POE is an ATG Christmas challenge ... the mood board is just for inspiration if your mojo is lacking. Seems yours is just fine and you should share! what fabulous inspiration to others (including me). HUGS & HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

pam said...

Wow you have been busy Leslie, what a beautiful colour theme, love them all and beautiful embossing/stamping and of course your fabulous colouring x

Linda said...

Leslie, these Christmas cards are so beautiful. You certainly have a gift for design.

Birgit said...

Oh my word, these are all so adorable! Each and every one is just as cute as can be. These Mugs of Joy are now going on my wish list, thanks to you. I adore the pinks!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Where the heck have I been? I am so far behind-my apologies! Love how you added just a touch of color to your embossed backgrounds. It really is subtle but such a very pretty touch! Great job on building up your stash too! The frame looks nice!💕 Sue K