Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Double D Challenge: Winter/Snow Scene



Snow makes for such a beautiful scene, especially in the countryside.  Just look at the mood board Darlene has prepared for our newest Double D Challenge:  Winter/Snow Scene.




There's a cute stamp set for a lucky random winner, and as always the team votes for the top creative winners.  Be sure to visit the Double D blog for full information.




It was the beginning of Christmas rush time when I made this card with a Cottage Cutz die called Silent Night Forest.  I thought it would be so easy to make multiples with this die.  However, I managed to have everything going every which way due to glue stuck on my fingers, wearing a wrist/thumb brace, and the die cut having too many skinny parts.  So much for that!

I added clear Stickles glitter to the stars, and some dimensional snow glitter to the forest floor, then spritzed all of it with sheer shimmer spray.  It's all so very sparkly, but frustratingly difficult to photograph.




The background is blended inks, gradient blue to deep purple.  You don't even see the deep purple in the first photograph, so here it is again (below) without competition from the blues.  The camera gets so confused with blues and purples.




I do love playing with inks, sigh...

Wait till you see the gorgeousness on the Double D blog.  My teamies really know how to make a snow scene!  I hope to see you there, too!  Happy holidays



22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous design and so pretty Leslie, have a wonderful Christmas x

Glenda said...

This is quite stunning with the gorgeous colors and of course all that glittery goodness!

Donna Phelan said...

Well even with all of your trials and tribulations you have managed to create a beautiful and serene wintry scene! That chilly sky is beautiful! I wonder if using those micro glue dot sheets from Simon Says would be worth the purchase? Merry Merry!

Vicki said...

Stunning background sky, Leslie. The ink blending is perfection. I just love shimmer spray! Hope your wrist is doing better.

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I love scene cards. I hope to be able to play some during my school break. Merry Christmas.

Yogi said...

Wonderful as usual. Have a great day

Darlene said...

Beautiful background and overall scenic card my friend! Sorry you're having to deal with so much lately! Praying 2024 is a far better year for you & hubby! Merry Christmas!

Marcia Hill said...

Never would have known that glue-y fingers caused any problems with this card Leslie as I think it turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Your trees, snowy ground, and lovely, lovely sky are all absolutely GORGEOUS and I can see all kinds of sparkle! What a beautiful and peaceful scene you've created my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Those blues are beautiful with the white silhouettes.

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the white die-cuts against the dark sparkly background.Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Carol x

Jeanne H said...

A gorgeous card!!

HilaryJane said...

I love the simple white die cuts against that fabulous sky. I wish I was good at making scenes. Perhaps I should just practice more! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I know of so many card makers that are having your wrist/thumb issues, Leslie! I hope yours doesn't require surgery as the others have needed!
Your scene is extra special knowing the struggle that went ito it - LOve the sparkle and the blend of ink colors for your 'twilight' sky! It is a lovely die so come back to it when you're healed!
=]

Cynthia M said...

Classic Shimmery Winter scene! Love the colors and all the glitter and shine! It's just Gorgeous!!! What camera do you use? Your pictures always look so beautiful and the cards are true to form.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful snowy scene, Leslie! Sometimes it's so frustrating to try to get a true picture. I think you did a fantastic job!

Conniecrafter said...

That sure makes for a beautiful winter scene, I love the shimmer you gave to it also, such pretty blending of the colors in the background.

Christine Alexander said...

what a gorgeous winter scene, the die cut is beautiful, and I just love that background xx :)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card even with all of the problems that you encountered. I love the snow and the brilliant contrast of the blue and he white. Merry Christmas!

Pauline said...

Beautiful snowy scene Leslie! Your background is amazing, love all that shimmer! Your blending is so seamless. You have the most amazing Cottage Cutz die in your collection. Merry Christmas to you and Rich! Looking forward to see what you have in store for 2024. Hugs,

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful, peaceful card. The white and blue looks stunning together plus any extra glue!! I know what you mean abut the brace. I had to take it off when I was using the stencils as I had so much ink all over the place!! I hope you and Rich have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Birgit said...

What a beautiful night scene you've made here Leslie! I can just imagine how shimmery this is in real life. The ink blending and shimmer is perfect. I can see how that die could be fiddly to work with, but you overcame beautifully. Merry Christmas to you!

Lisa Elton said...

I feel your pain on the hand issues, Leslie and pray it doesn't require surgery. Your card turned out lovely even with the difficulties!