Friday, March 17, 2023

Ebullient Easter

Hi again, and welcome to my stamp room!  It's St. Patrick's Day but I have an Easter card instead.  I cannot get ahead of these holidays.  I even mailed some late birthday cards this month.  The spirit is willing... well, you know.

There are some challenges I wanted to play along with before they close and, let's face it, I'm not a speedy stamper.  You never know when Life will get in the way, so with that in mind I put three challenges together for today's card.  They influenced my choices start to finish.  I'll link them further down with more description, but first...



Still working with the lovely Ebullient stamp set from Penny Black, I colored with Tombow markers and then hand cut.  The frame is a negative leftover from cutting an oval.  After blending inks on the frame I smooshed it with Versamark ink and embossed with sparkly embossing powder.  The sentiment was cut from glitter paper.  That's it in a nutshell.  Now, here are those challenge links:

Triple B, March -- Birds, Blooms, or Butterflies (with inspiration board).  I've used a bird perched on a blooming branch with colors drawn from their inspiration board.
Penny Black Saturday Challenge --  Optional Easter.  The stamp I used is Penny Black's Ebullient.
Can You Handle the Pressure -- Optional Rainbow.  I used a Darice Cherry Blossom folder to emboss the card front.  My blended frame is not exactly a rainbow, but close (if you use your imagination).


 
 


Back to more stamping soon.  Wishing you a happy weekend doing all the things you love.



Stamps:  Penny Black Ebullient  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, other white, green glitter cardstock  Ink:  Versamark, SU blue, pink, green for blended frame  Coloring:  Tombow markers  Other:  Impression Obsession Easter Joy die, Darice Cherry Blossom embossing folder, rhinestones, sparkly embossing powder

23 comments:

Diane said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, soft and pretty with all the pretty pastels, clever to ink the 'frame' up in the rainbow colors too! I absolutely LOVE this and every single detail of it! Thanks for joining our challenges too, hope you have a great day!!

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL card Leslie! I love your coloring, the frame, all the sparkles, and of course that sweet little birdie! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

Lovely card. What a great way to create an Easter egg. Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous incorporation of 3 challenges. That EF is a favorite of mine.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! Leslie, you have gift to be able to combine challenges and create gorgeous cards in the process. I love the way you created the Easter Egg with a die, super clever!!
Beautiful, soft colors and lovely design, the little bird looks at home among those gorgeous blooms.
Thank you for sharing.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Easter card love the dies and embossed flowers
Carol x

Bonnie said...

That frame put me in mind of a rainbow first thing, Leslie! Love the embossed background and this is my favorite stamp of this set and maybe the only one I've used. A reminder that I need to use the other stamps in this set with your inspiration.

Christine Alexander said...

wow gorgeous embossed background, it's perfect for our little dove on the blossom sprig.

Ida said...

So beautiful and sparkly. Love the sweet little bird image.

Glenda said...

I think it's great you created a card that works for 3 challenges! Way to go girl! I love the little bird sitting on the branch and the embossing folder is just lovely. I'm also amazed at how you embossed the frame; I would have never thought of that!

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous! Wow, you are certainly on a roll Leslie, another gorgeous card this week, well I really should say, all your cards are gorgeous! I love this, the sweet little bird on the floral branch. You are amazing my friend! Love the soft embossed background, and your glittery sentiment and frame. I just keep looking at this, wow!! After seeing this makes me want to make a card, but we are working every saturday in March, sooooo.... must go. Have a wonderful day, and thanks again for always inspiring me.

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie! There is a lot to love about this beautiful card: the subtle sparkle, a touch of rainbow, those pretty ebullient blooms and sweet lovey dove, but you totally had me with those cherry blossoms! I'll be looking for that one!
=]

Margaret said...

Wow! This is just amazing. Love what you did with the frame. I always wonder what to do with those leftover pieces and they usually end up in the trash bin. The embossing folder goes so well with the image. Overall a great creation.

Darlene said...

LOVE this creation my friend! WOW! The embossed background is just perfect and look at you go using up left overs from other projects with that beautifully inked frame. I must say, your hand cutting around that sweet bird/floral branch image is perfect and an excellent choice for your design ... love it!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Darlene said...

BTW ... you were our 100th entry for our very 1st challenge on this new blog ... CONGRATS! I think I'll have to talk to Diane about offering a prize ... hmmm! lol

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, I love that embossing folder and how you have added the oval frame. It all comes together so well. someone is going to get a lot of pleasure from this card xx

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty your sparkling spring air is, Leslie! Loving the amazing textures you've achieved on this darling card full of sweet Eastery Joy and colors! huggers, de

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just gorgeous, I love the stamp and how you put it in the corner of the oval, lovely coloring. great save on that oval piece, pretty blending and the sparkle on that and the sentiment is so pretty. That embossing folder is beautiful and goes perfectly with the flowers in the stamp!

Carol L said...

The detail work you put into this pretty Easter card is amazing! Love this great design! Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge. (Carol L, GD)

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Leslie! I love the way you used the left-over piece from cutting your oval. And I love the wonderful coloring of the bird. The embossing is great, too.

Judy Woodland said...

What a lovely card. I really like that embossed background and your colors are so soft and pretty. This is just gorgeous! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at our Can You Handle the Pressure Rainbow Challenge, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

WOW!! Such a beautiful card - I love the embossing folder and the oval frame is just perfect to set off the flowers and sentiment. Hard to believe we are making Easter cards. I hope I don't miss another holiday.

Cindy Beach said...

So much to love about this pretty card, Leslie! The sweet bird first caught my eye, he looks quite at home perching inside the oval frame. OH! The inked background with sparkle added is a wonderful detail - you are so clever! The gems are another sweet touch. An all around beauty!