Monday, October 24, 2022

Best Friends

Hi!  I'm going to start the week with a cute little card I made for my Rich's birthday.  Ever since we've had Wally and LuLu (13 yrs) he gets dog cards most of the time.  The cards reflect the cheerful nature of the dogs as well as the happiness they've given us all these years.  We haven't gone smile-free since the day Wally came home with us, and the smiles doubled two years later with LuLu.



Continuing with my mission to use more of my patterned paper I made a simple patch of squares for the canine cavorting.  The dog in the foreground is doing his happy dance just like Wally.  In back is LuLu who has always been more interested in butterflies than tennis balls.  She loves to chase balls, but catching them is not her thing.



The dogs and sentiment are Penny Black (two different sets, listed below).  I colored with Tombow markers and homemade blender.  Just fun.

I'm keeping it relatively quick today.  You know how it goes -- swamped one week, time on your hands the next week.    Maybe this week will be better for free time.  Have a great day!



Stamps:  Penny Black Man's Best Friend and Carefree Wishes  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot pressed watercolor, Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 lb, scraps red, green, designer paper  Ink:  Palette Noir  Coloring:   Tombow markers and homemade blender  Other:  Darice Paw Prints embossing folder, enamel dots, MFT Die-namics Wonky stitched squares (for larger square mats, foam mounting tape



19 comments:

Glenda said...

I always love to visit and see your lovely creations. Your use of color is just amazing and your cards are very special. I miss seeing updates on Wally and Lulu...hope all is well with those two. Since my pack increased to 3 there is never a dull moment here...I now have a herd of Yorkies! Hugs to you my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwww...such a CUTE card showcasing your 2 canine sweeties Leslie! They really do make us smile with all their silly antics, and the unconditional love is bar none! I think our Daisy and your Wally would get along just fine...a couple of goofballs! Thanks for starting my day out with a great BIG smile!! Hugs. :0)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and image,perfect tennis ball P.paper
Carol x

Yogi said...

real cuties. Have a great day

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great card for Rich! The dogs are just perfect with the ball background! I love the paw print embossing as well! Give him my birthday wishes as well!

HilaryJane said...

Your card is adorable. Great use of patterned paper and I love that embossed background too. Hope your finger is feeling better xx

I Card Everyone said...

Obviously, Lulu and I would get along great, right? This is the best paper for your tennis-ball-loving Wally - and together they are so sweet for Rich's birthday card - many happy returns of the day to him from me!
=]

Loll said...

Such a fun, colourful card that brings a smile to all of us, Leslie! Love these sweet images that are perfectly coloured. I love how you've added the butterfly in honour of Lulu's passion. :) Great fun with the patterned paper in the background. I bet Rich loved his card. Love, Loll

Cat Craig said...

So cute, Leslie. Love the paws embossing on the upper half.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh, Leslie, this card and these sweet pups make me smile from ear to ear, I love the embossed section on the top, (this reminded me that I have this fun embossing folder), beautifully colored images and awesome pop of color with that fun DSP.
Thank you for sharing.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Margaret said...

So adorable. Love the doggy images and your color is fabulous. I like the simple layout to really let the dogs shine. I'm sure Rich loves your doggy cards. It's a good way to keep memories alive.

Christine Alexander said...

Leslei, that card just makes me smile from ear to ear. I know what you mean when you talk about your two little fur babies ♥

Bonnie said...

How fun and certain to bring a big smile, Leslie! Fabulous pups, a great use of patterned paper and embossing!

nancy littrell said...

Oh so much fun seeing you, Rich and the kids today, Leslie:-) Of course...Lulu had to hang out with the girls (you and me) in your craft room and Wally with Rich..doing guy stuff:-) So much fun sharing show and tell...Wow...you sure have been productive and creative, my friend. I am Loving your sweet, cute adorable Birthday card for Rich..so perfect for Rich's birthday:-) Love and Hugs to you all..my friend. BTW, Daisy LOVED her Daisy card. She smiled big and loved touching and looking at the pretty Daisies. We sure have fun..Love and Hugs to all the family. Nancy

Cynthia M said...

Our fur babies are such blessings! I'm so glad they are still with you at such ripe ages! No dogs have been more blessed than they have been with you! Love these images! Such a darling card that makes everyone smile!

Colleen said...

Leslie, these pups are just too cute for words. I love your pp, I am trying to use up mine as well. Our daughter lives next door with 2 black labs, they visit a lot and give lots of kisses! We adore them too!

Diane said...

This couldn't be any cuter!!! Love those happy go lucky dogs, had a chuckle as Greg and I usually exchange cards that are either a dog or a cat and of course always signed by all!! What a perfect paper for the background too, I am sure Rich was thrilled with this one!!

Conniecrafter said...

A very happy Birthday to Rich, I am sure he loved this fun scene you made for him, I like how you use dogs on his card, love the pawprint embossing on the background and that is some fun paper to go with them :)

Cindy Beach said...

Hoping Rich had a very special day sharing smiles with you and the beloved canines. I love the pawprints embossing and the square grids show off the happy dogs so well! The whole feel of this card is happy! I can't see it and NOT smile!