Monday, February 28, 2022

Twinkling Bouquet

Hi there!  Still trying to catch up with the blog posts.  I believe I made this card in January.  It's a perky and fun Stampendous set called Pop Bouquet.  I still have a few lot of Stampendous in my not-yet-used baskets.  However, this set is no longer NBUS as it's card #2 after I stamped and embossed everything multiple times and watercolored all with Twinkling H2O's.  It's my favorite way to insure a set gets thoroughly used before I put it away.



Those little pots of Twinks sure produce some pretty colors.  Lately I've been going for simplicity in my coloring as I still have a trigger finger problem.  This time it's in my right ring finger and it's the worst yet in terms of working around it, grrrr.  We do what we can, right?

I love playing with arrangements of all my little cut out pieces.  This one has chicken wire over some gorgeous Mintay paper.  The flower bunch is popped up.  Very cheerful!



I'll keep this quick today and leave you with dreams of springtime and warmer days.  We had a stretch of sunshine, but chilly wind, and then on Friday it was gorgeous.  We spent the day in the country with family, mostly outside.  You'd never know it was February.  Keep your hopes high!


Stamps:  Stampendous Pop Bouquet  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot pressed watercolor, Neenah 80 lb white, Co'redinations 65# white base, Mintay Lovely Day designer paper  Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Watercolor with Twinkling H2O's  Other:  Small black pearls, clear detail embossing powder, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire Frame, dimensional dots for flowers


22 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

I love the embossed stamps and coloured beautifully with the H20's all mine went in the declutter.Love the die-cut chicken wire over the pretty P.paper-hope your finger problem feels better soon
Carol x

Diane said...

Very beautiful, your Twinkling H2Os picked up the colors in the pretty Mintay papers perfectly!! Sorry about your finger, I can relate but mine is arthritis and this morning they are stiff and don't want to bend much, plus as I'm 'trying' to type I have a cat pawing at my arm to be picked up, welcome to my world LOL!!

Yogi said...

pretty and delicate. Haven't used my Twinkles H2º's in eons... Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I do love your design, the chicken wire with your lovely papers peeking through and your bouquet is just the sweetest, with the butterflies flying about enjoying it too :)
Sorry to hear your finger is giving you troubles again, prayers that will get better soon!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a lovely card! I like the chicken wire set behind the flowers. Great idea. Your pretty flowers do make me think of Spring. One more month to go. Glad you got out to visit. Have a great week!

Cat Craig said...

What great coloring and your design is fab. I love the style of the bouquet drawing so much fun to color. Its a happy happy card.

Barbara said...

So amazing to see the flowers in your pot reflecting the papers in your background. Lovely card and I am glad that you were able to make two before you put it away. Good idea! I have a trigger finger on my right hand, it is my middle finger. Not pretty when I will not bend.

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love the bright colors of this bouquet and butterflies, Leslie! And that paper in the background is so pretty peeking through the chicken wire!

I Card Everyone said...

A darling bit of Springtime, Leslie! LOve that chicken-wire die and the pretty paper peeking through!
Sweet dreams are made of these - and high hopes!
=]

Lynette said...

Oh, your little pot of flowers is so, so pretty!! I love the coloring and I bet it's really shimmery in person. Your weather sounds great - I'm so envious. We'll get there some day.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful pot of flowers and look at the adorable butterflies and ladybug ♥ Leslie your colouring is amazing and I love the addition of the little swatch of designer paper.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, colours and design ♥

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty Leslie, I think your simple colouring is just lovely. You have achieved such a nice clean and colourful look. The background is also very clever and adds loads of interest without overwhelming the lovely flower vase. You are clever. So sorry about your finger issue and I am glad you got to enjoy some fine weather. Our sunshine has gone today, grey and drizzly is back! xx

Sue from Oregon said...

You always have the prettiest coloring and lovely designed cards. Love the colors you used too! ♥ Sue Kment

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty paper and such a cheery card and so very pretty. Hope your sore finger gets well soon Leslie x.

Glenda said...

Late yet again! Seems I just can't get it together these days! I love this and the pretty watercolors just speak to me!

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful card! Beautiful photo! Beautiful coloring Leslie! I need to use my twinks! I love how you layered the wire behind the circle! Fabulous, cheerful card!

Evelyn S. said...

All your beautiful coloring is such an inspiration...and here I am, thinking of Twinks again! I have only 100+ and haven't used any for a year, at least. The "lattice" die is just darling on this card. (Your cards always remind me of how little detail I put into my cards!)

laurie said...

This is a fun card...love the pretty colored blooms!

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness, love this Leslie, so fresh and springy. Love all the colours you used, love the wire frame circle, this just makes me happy! H2o's oh my I haven't used mine in years, I really should pull them out! that gorgeous paper in the background, again, I need to quit hoarding and use it! This weekend is suppose to be nice, rain on Sunday but up in the 60's, but then falls back down in the low 30's on Monday. Can't wait for spring to get here! Hope you have a wonder weekend, and soryy for the late commenting. Work has been hectic, haven't had time for much of anything else. Take care,

Cindy Beach said...

Leslie, could you believe I've never bought or used Twinkling H2 O's???? Oh, even your simple coloring is so nice to see and the fun colors make me smile! The Mintay papers peeking out are so so pretty!

Ida said...

That little bouquet is adorable and so spring like. Love it.