Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge -- September

Note:  At the first of the month my few challenge posts sort of pile up on each other, so you may want to scroll down or click to see CAS Mix Up and Four Seasons posts.  Thank you!

Hello!  It's time again for Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge where it's all about the fun.  You're given an inspiration board which you can use if you want, or you can go in entirely your own direction.  I like using the board as a self-challenge.  First, a look at my silly sample:



Pictured below is the inspiration board.  Hmmm... lots of scary stuff on there this month, but that doesn't mean my card has to be particularly scary.  I saw the big spider and went with that.



The idea for using circles for the body and head came from Pinterest.  So easy and so cute!  I drew the legs -- now you can see how I can't even draw a stick figure, so thank goodness for stamping.  The head is popped up.  The smile is part of a stamp from the same set that gave me the small smiling spiders.  The eyes are circle punches.  I slid paper into the punch, flipped it over and traced inside the circle, then punched.  Pupils are Black Diamond Stickles glitter.

The two Whipper Snapper stamp sets I used are my all-time favorite Halloween sets.  I've had them for many years and I figured they were retired, but just for kicks I looked them up.  I'm excited to say they're still on the site:



If you enjoy making Halloween cards I hope you'll join us at Two Old Bats.  Have a wonderful day!


Stamps:  Whipper Snapper Hocus Pocus (hat & big smile) and Spooky Expressions (small spider)  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, orange Bazzill, black, purple glitter cardstock, Reverse Confetti This & That designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Sequins, fine tip black marker, Black Diamond Stickles (eyes), Scotch brand foam mounting tape, 1/2" & 5/8" circle punches, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, Impression Obsession Trick or Treat, Impression Obsession Balloons (string die)

19 comments:

Diane said...

OMGosh, I LOVE this cleverly designed spider, he is just the cutest! what a fabulously designed card this is, LOVE it!!

Glenda said...

Super cute creation my friend! I used to make lots of Halloween cards but now I'm not even sure where all my supplies went! I love the elements and your coloring as always is perfect!

Margaret said...

This is so cute. Is Halloween supposed to be cute? LOL! You are so creative and did a great job with all the elements used to put this together.

Darlene said...

LOL this is the only spider that has made the chuckle! Generally I'm jumping half out of my skin when I see them down here in the crafting cave! LOL
This is such a fun Halloween card my friend! GREAT JOB! You are SO creative!! LOVE IT!

Yogi said...

cute. Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

very creative with the spider you made, I think you did great on the legs, love the purple hat you added, fun card!

Pam Sparks said...

What a scary cute thing! lol

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome spider as long as I don't run into one like this in real life! What an evil grin he has! Your Halloween cards always inspire me, my friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Halloween card and love the fabulous silly spider
Carol x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

!!Oh Leslie, this is the most adorable spider!!! Love her, and her little friends too.
Love the colors of the sequences and of course, that hat fits her perfectly.
You know that spiders are my most favorite insects, big or small, they are never, ever killed in my house, I always take them out if I see one because she will have better luck finding food out there among my Hydrangeas and geraniums.
Fabulously fun card, my friend.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

Cat Craig said...

How brilliant to use circles to create your spider. The legs are perfect…great colors and even though I detest the lil 8 legged buggers..this card is adorable.

Carol L said...

That's one fun big spider and what a big smile too! LOL Love the purple witch's hat and sparkly sequins but those spindly legs and curly tail just make me smile :) Fun card!

Lynette said...

Well, I think your spider is very cute! What a clever way to make the eyes, and using the circle punches was great, too. Love the patterned paper body.

Pauline said...

So fun Leslie! you did an amazing job at creating your spider, you have a wonderful imagination! I always love your Halloween cards, another fabulous one!
Have a great weekend Leslie.

pam said...

Wow fabulous job Leslie, brilliant details and love the spider
Hugs Pam x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This is such an awesome Halloween card! I love how you put the spider together - we definitely need lots of spiders for Halloween and the purple witches hat is just the perfect touch! Hard to believe Halloween is just around the corner!

HilaryJane said...

This is such fun, what a clever idea. It's such a great halloween card. Thanks for the tip to scroll down, it is always a problem if you have to post more than once a day xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a fun card and the way you made that spider is genius!

laurie said...

Cute and scary at the same time!!!