Wednesday, September 1, 2021

CAS Mix Up -- Autumn Colors

Welcome to our CAS Mix Up Challenge for the month of September!  It's my pleasure to be your host for a theme that's near and dear to my heart:  Watercolor Autumn Colors.  You can do any watercolor technique as long as it's autumn colors, but do remember to keep your card clean and simple.  See the CAS Mix Up Blog for more details, including a few links I've chosen for a variety of watercolor techniques.




I chose to watercolor a Penny Black Hugs & Cuddles stamp I purchased last autumn, but am just now using for the first time.  The sentiment is not part of the PB set.  I have several types of inks and paints for watercolor, but my Tombow markers are always on top of my desk and there are so many colors.  I like to scribble on a palette and pick up with a wet brush and apply to either wet or dry watercolor paper.



Did you notice the colors on the fox's face are reversed?  Should be red on top and white around the face.  Oops!  I didn't want to start over, so I let it be.  No embellishments, no designer paper.  I tell you, CAS does not come naturally to me, but I urge you to look at all the beautiful team cards on the CAS Mix Up Blog.  Inspiring!  We have the lovely Ros (Mikey's Mom) as our guest designer this month, too.

Come play with us.  The possibilities are wide open as long as your card features watercolor, autumn colors, and a clean and simple style.  Enjoy, and have a beautiful day!


Stamps:  Penny Black Hugs & Cuddles, Your Next Stamp Whatnot Sentiments Eleven  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, Bazzill white  Ink:  Palette Dark Brown  Coloring:  Watercolor with Tombow markers


25 comments:

HilaryJane said...

It really doesn't matter that the colours on your fox's face are reversed. I wouldn't have realised if you hadn't said. Love the halo of little flowers and that gorgeous soft wash in the background. A really lovely card xx

crafty-stamper said...

LOve the stamp and Autumn colours-I didn't even realise about the colours reversed!
Carol x

conil said...

What a delightful image for a birthday card. Your coloring of that charming fox, the wreath and those mushrooms scream Autumn, even with the reverse colors on the fox. They combine beautifully to make a wonderful Fall card.

Yogi said...

Looks like you're getting back into the swing of things. 2 posts in one day BIG GRIN
Cute card. Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

Your fox looks perfectly adorable with the inverted colors. When you do cas you do it as lovely as your layered pieces. One can tell you put thought and effort into your cards. Lovely.

Christine Alexander said...

What an adorable fox, and love your little autumn wreath. Great challenge at CAS Mix up XX

nancy littrell said...

No, I did not notice the colors on the cute fox's face were reversed, Leslie. Since this is your art work you can do whatever works for you:-) I love your sweet CAS stamping and Autumn watercoloring. I Love Fall colors too and had so much fun with your wonderful challenge, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Diane said...

Your Mr. Fox card is beautifully created and I wouldn't even had noticed the reverse colors had you not mentioned it and I love the way he looks anyhow, another adorably cute card!! We had a fox run out in front of us yesterday driving down the highway, he was moving pretty fast!!

Ros Crawford said...

I love this Leslie! Beautifully done and I;m so happy to be guesting for your challenge!

Glenda said...

Your little fox is the cutest thing! I would have never noticed the coloring issue...he is perfectly fine the way you made him. After all this is your card and you get to decide how it rolls!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Leslie! Had to stop by to say thanks for choosing the colors of Fall for your theme - and then showing how wonderful they can be in water-y ways! I just love that you've had your way with this guy - reversed? I say it's what makes him so cool!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

When you color as beautifully as you do you don't need anything else to make a fantastic card, love how you colored him up, it wasn't until you said something that I realized the colors were different then a real fox, that is what is beautiful about art, they can be anyway we make them :)

Pam Sparks said...

OH, I LOVE this Leslie! What a darling fox and your beautiful coloring!!!

Bonnie said...

I think your fox is very handsome and it's always good to stand out among other foxes! LOL! Gorgeous coloring and a fun challenge, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable colours on your card and that image is gorgeous...xx

Loll said...

The fox is adorable, no matter the order of the colours, Leslie. I love him in the middle of a beautiful greenery wreath. That touch of purple around him is just perfect! Thanks for hosting this month. So many are going to enjoy watercolour with Autumn Colours!! xx

Pauline said...

Oh my another gorgeous fall CAS card Leslie. I didn't even notice the colour of the fox's face until you mentioned it. Like it just the way it is! Love the bit of purple around the fox too! Such a great challenge!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great image! My daughter has a family of foxes near her and they are so playful and caring of each other. Hers are definitely not dressed as well as yours! I'm sure no one noticed the fox's face - which looks so cute the way it is!

Chrissie said...

I love this little guy and you have coloured him absolutely brilliantly! A wonderful array of autumn colours!
Chrissie x

Viv said...

Who cares about the colour of Mr Fox's face! I think he is just perfect Leslie and this is a lovely card!
Thanks for such a fab challenge this month. x

akmoose said...

I just love your adorable fox...especially the mushrooms. We have had an explosion of mushrooms recently here in Alaska.

Susan Joyce said...

Such a sweet little fox and perfect for your challenge this month Leslie. You did a wonderful job with the Water colouring.

laurie said...

Sucha cute fox and colored so perfectly!

Jo said...

Such a great theme and your fun card is so beautifully watercolored. xx

Linda said...

Your fox is just adorable, and I love how you've surrounded him with the Autumn wreath ..... just beautiful! xx