Saturday, May 1, 2021

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: May

Hello, there!  This is one of two posts I have scheduled for today, so you may have to scroll up or down to catch the other one.  Thanks!

It's Halloween in the merry month of May and the Two Old Bats have a very cute inspiration board to go along with this month's challenge:




As always, we can use the board for inspiration, but are not required to do so.  I have the most fun choosing something from my collection of Halloween stamps, digis, dies, and papers that will fit with a corner of the board.  This month I knew I wanted to use the Penny Black dog stamp and the window die, and then the rest of it evolved from there.




The brick wall embossing folder made an easy background.  Some grass in the front and autumn leaves overhead.  The "trick or treat" has a rhinestone for the "i" dot.  I decided there should be a cat in the window so I borrowed one from a Rubbernecker Stamp.  To make it look a little more Halloweeny I added the die cut spider with dots of white acrylic paint for eyes.




All coloring was done with Tombow markers, a blender pen, and lots of smiles.  I hope you'll check out the samples by the team and our awesome guest designer, NanaConnie, on the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge blog, and then share something by YOU.  We'd love to see it!  Thanks so much for your time today.  Enjoy!


Stamps:  Penny Black Beware of Dog, Rubbernecker 3 Cats in Tree  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110 lb, black, Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb watercolor  Ink:  Palette Noir  Coloring:  Tombow markers and blender  Dies:  Impression Obsession Window with Shutter and Trick or Treat, MFT Die-namics Fresh Cut Grass, Die-namites Leafy Flourish, Poppystamps Spider Banner  Other:  Sizzix Brick Wall embossing folder, rhinestone, Wink of Stella, white acrylic paint


24 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, this is such a fun and festive scene. Love it so very much.

Pauline said...

Such a fun card Leslie! Love everything about this. You have such a great eye for all the details. Love that cat in the window, so sweet. You have the best halloween cards ever!! Enjoy your day.

Lynette said...

Oh wow, what a ton of elements in this card - all perfectly coordinated and perfectly placed! Your coloring, as aways, is wonderful. Such an awesome card!

Diane said...

Oh WOW your Halloween scene is beyond absolutely CUTE! It all flows together so nicely and what fun fun images these are, a FABULOS_US card!!

Darlene said...

OMG what a FUN scene you have created my friend! It appears Mr. Cat is confused on just what the heck Mr. Dog is doing inside that pumpkin! LOL Fabulous coloring (of course) ... thanks for the smile this morning!

Yogi said...

cute. I definitely don't want to think about the fall. The months are going too quickly... Have a great day

Margaret said...

What a fun card. I love all the different things you used to pull it all together. You are so creative with your cardmaking.

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun Halloween scene! I love the dog jumping out of the pumpkin!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Leslie your card is so fun and adorable. Love this type of Halloween scenes.

Christine Alexander said...

fun Halloween scene Leslie, love your little dog popping out of the cauldron ♥

Loll said...

LOVE your Halloween scene Leslie! Not so scary with that adorable and happy looking dog jumping out of the pumpkin! :) Every details is perfect on this Halloween card! xx

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Oh, I love your Halloween cards! The wall embossing folder is just great. So cute! What's a Halloween card without a good spider and the dog jumping out of the pumpkin is just perfect! Hope you are having a great weekend!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Leslie:
first thank you for your comment on my blog, www.http://somethingcraftybydottie.blogspot.com
I wanted to let you Know I'm now a follower of your blog. hope you come do the same for me.
Your card is adorable I love the products you used. the dog popping out of the pumpkin is so sweet.
have a great week. I'll be back to visit again.
Hugs
Dottie

Cindy Beach said...

What stands out to me is your listing of lots of smiles in the supplies section. That describes me as I studied the combined elements and special touches on this adorable card!

Bonnie said...

How fun, Leslie! This is awesome, my friend! That pooch jumping out of the jack-o-lantern is awesome. As always, my wish list grows!

Conniecrafter said...

The dog is too cute jumping out of the pumpkin, reminds me of those big blow up that people have that moves up and down :) Like the cat watching from the window, the brick is a great touch and like the Autumn leaves!

Glenda said...

What a fun card my friend. I really love the brick wall embossing folder you used and the stamps and dies are amazing. Also you colored everything to perfection as usual! I love the little dog popping out of the pumpkin!

pam said...

What a fabulous card Leslie, great embossing and as always you colouring is perfect, cute animals.
Hugs Pam x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ok, I'm in love with that doggie, OMG!! The scene you created is both fun and adorable, my friend, I love every single element on this fabulous card.
Great job, teammie.
XO

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Halloween card love the brilliant fun image and scene you created with the little dangling spider
Carol x

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek! This is so fabulous!! I just loVe the scene... The cat the dog the expressions...Terrific!

laurie said...

Super cute!! I love that brick background.

aussie aNNie said...

Sensational card and oh gosh love the PB stamp. Not seen this one before. x

Carol L said...

This is such a fun non-scary Halloween card and I just love all the details you added! The dog in the window is so cute, as well as that dangling spider, but I love the little dog in the pumpkin! This is just incredibly CUTE!