Friday, May 15, 2020

Rustic Deer Christmas Cards

Hi, there!  Back again now that I've finished the Christmas cards I was working on a little at a time.  It's just three cards, all the same, but with several parts and some detail.  The primary focus is a new to me (bargain) Cottage Cutz die, Majestic Deer.  He's cut in grocer's kraft, sponged with cocoa ink, then layered onto another deer cut in black.




Framing the deer is an older Spellbinders die set, Floral Ovals, with a separate oval cut for the center.  The inner oval was sanded.  Seasons Greetings is one of the Impression Obsession Holiday Bottom Word Edgers.  By cutting it on the very edge of the paper it was skinny enough to bend slightly into a banner shape.  I stitched Studio Light Woodland Winter designer paper onto the card base and cut some MFT Die-namics stars for accent.




Inside is a Power Poppy sentiment, a leftover strip of paper, and another star.




The cards do have a rustic look, which I like.  There's no glitter or gloss, the colors are all earthy.   I LOVE the designer paper which was a gift from a friend.  I noted the black stars in the border and that's how I arrived at that particular design decision.




I believe I have 14 Christmas cards now.  Some I haven't photographed yet, but I'll get around to that later.  Loving my Cottage Cutz dies, as I'm sure you've noticed.  Not selling, just saying.

Wishing you a happy day!



19 comments:

Darlene said...

These are awesome Leslie! LOVE that majestic deer and your design showcases him perfectly! WOW 14 already ... you'll be ready for the holidays this year! (I need to follow your lead! lol). Well done! Stay safe & healthy my friend!

Diane said...

These are fabulous!! Great paper for the die (can you believe I don't have that one...nope), love the rustic look. We have so many deer here I have to chase them off daily away from my gardens, though they sneak in at night, pesky things!! I created 2 Christmas cards yesterday, but they are for a DT post, you always inspire me to do more!! have a wonderful weekend, we are to finally get warmer here...80's next week.

Loll said...

WOW! Love your design with all the beautiful details, Leslie! Backing the deer and flourish with black really makes them stand out and gives them so much depth. Fabulous paper to inspire your design. xx

Bonnie said...

I love this stately deer, Leslie, and the whole design of this rustic card! Curving the banner was a brilliant idea! I just bought the sentiment dies on sale. Thanks for the inspiration!

Yogi said...

lovely. Have a great day

Pam Sparks said...

So handsome Leslie! So fun to see Christmas cards! I love them!

Cat Craig said...

So festive Leslie. love all the bits and pieces and how they come together for a perfect whole. And I am in awe on your inside...I suck at card interiors. Hugs and stay safe.

pam said...

Fabulous cards Leslie, love the layout and your stag.
Pam x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great deer die and a gorgeous card design. This makes a wonderful Christmas card.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful elegant die cut and sponged deer, Leslie. Love your background and banner sentiment too. Great that you got multiple Christmas cards for your stash:-) TFS Hugs...Nancy

Pauline said...

Beautiful set of cards Leslie! Love everything about this, very rustic looking. That bit of sponging on the deer really adds interest, as does your curved sentiment, added stars and your stitching! Good for you for having 14 cards done already, your well on your way. Thanks for inspiring us today, hope you are having a happy day as well!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously designed creations, most gorgeous colours too.x

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool, I do love Rustic so this is right up my alley!! Like how you layered the kraft deer onto the black, very creative idea to cut the banner thin enough to give it that arch. The cutting out of the oval piece looks terrific. That paper is perfect with it, love your starry inside too!!
I still haven't worked on mine for this month, if I can just get caught up with my May birthdays I can start my Christmas cards

Ros Crawford said...

I love these Leslie... love the rustic feel and the designs

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like this rustic feel and look at you with a few of the same. That is a great idea. The inside is just as sweet.

Lynette said...

Very cool and awesome cards, Leslie. I love that you point out all the steps it takes to create them. Good for you for having that many Christmas cards done already!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas cards love the die-cut stag
Carol x

Vicki said...

Stunning holiday card, Leslie! I love this so much!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, glad to see you are adding to your Christmas card stash, these cards are gorgeous, so festive and elegant too.
The deer looks like you used copper paper to die cut him, lovely pattern paper, I wonder what's on the reverse side? beautifully done.
Hugs.