Saturday, September 12, 2026

Christmas in September -- Six Cards

Hello on a Saturday!

It's been a whirlwind of a week and whatever crafty time I had available was spent making the six Christmas cards I'm sharing today.  It all started with Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge #114 -- Reindeer Games.  That sounded like fun to me!



I chose my previously enjoyed Cottage Cutz Santa w/Reindeer Buddy.  You can use Santa and the reindeer together or separately.  I cut the whole works four times and proceeded firstly with the two joyfully cavorting reindeer pals.  This is the card I'm sending to Christmas Kickstart.


Card base embossed with TH Sizzix Lumber 3D EF, Hero Arts Wood Frame (spare part)

Each of the reindeer cards also feature Tim's Holtz Sizzix Big Tidings and various spare parts.  I was determined to use as many spare parts as possible, therefore all three designs are different.  I believe this next card is my favorite.


The yellow background, black Waffle Flower Dreamy Frame, and smallest white stars are all spare parts.

All the reindeer appear a little bug-eyed due to my heavy hand when applying white acrylic paint for the eye glint.  Oops.  Do they look like they've been drinking?

I managed to use a little more designer paper on the next card.


Poppystamps Wispy Pine Needle Corner and Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities are both spare parts.

I finished up with three identical Santa cards.  Each Santa has a snowflake on his beard, strategically placed to cover a smudge.  Hmmm, maybe these are my favorites.  Santa is just such a fun and happy guy!


Penny Black Crystal Frame, Memory Box Pretty Presents,
Impression Obsession Ho Ho Ho and Small Snowflake Set

Total Christmas cards in the box:  29

Along with my cavorting reindeer I'm sending thanks to Jo and her elf, Loll, at Christmas Kickstart for prompting me to get a few more cards in the box.  Thank you, too, for visiting.  Have a happy weekend!



8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun Christmas cards and I love the fabulous cavorting Reindeer lol, these are brilliant-love them all.
Carol x

Diane said...

These are so incredibly CUTE, I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to!! Nor do I (can you believe it) have this fun fun die, and speaking of fun, those reindeer look like real partiers having the time of their lives, Santa is pretty special too and love all the details you have added to each one. I'm impressed too that you made six cards with them, you go girl!!!

Yogi said...

You’ve been busy. Lovely and cute Xmas cards Leslie. It’s cold enough up here to understand Xmas cards, but still too soon for my mind to grasp it. Have a great day.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Leslie...what a treat this morning to see these ADORABLE (and slightly snockered!) reindeer and Santa cards! I can't even pick a favorite as each one is fabulous!! I can just imagine the fun you had putting these all together! Sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

I am totally WOWed by these fun and happy cards, Leslie! It's hard to pick a fav as I was busy looking up the Santa and die sets. How I love your add in's and festive elements. Your creative use of the PB frame is terrific! I think those last three are may favorites.

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE line up of cards, Leslie! Those reindeer sure do bring a smile!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, these are all so cute! My favs are the santas at the bottom. Love the frame such a great addition to the light blue base and the bold santas.

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I think 'batch card making' is the 'funnest' of all - especially when it comes to Christmas cards! These are all so stinkin' cahUTE!!
=]