Hi again, friends! Nesting season has passed here in the northern hemisphere, but it's always anything goes in my craft room. I still have some bird dies not yet used so I set about rectifying the situation. This one is a PTI die, Feathered Friends 14. I recently moved it from my not-yet-used-dies basket to my use-next all purpose basket (stamps, dies, embossing folders) and it wasn't long before it became a card.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what kind of bird this is supposed to be (any ideas?) so I spent way too much time searching for something likely. I finally settled on a Crested Bunting which lives in China. Even still, I took some liberties -- the white spots, for instance. It's nest building in a thicket courtesy of Memory Box Bird's Nest and Poppystamps Thicket Frame. The parts are all ink blended with brushes.
Every now and then I like to send a card "just because" and I especially like to make them!
I'll be sending my feathered friend along to the following two challenges:
NBUS Challenge #89 -- My never before used schtuff is the PTI Feathered Friends 14.
Thanks for your visit! I love when you stop by. Have a good weekend!


.gif)
4 comments:
Oh Leslie this is gorgeous. I love every element of it. That gorgeous bird. I’m amazed it took you a while before you used troll the bits. Someone is in for a nice surprise. Have a great day
Great card. Love the bird. Similar to a red-wing black bird that I have had in my yard. The red-wings though only have wide strips of red on their wings otherwise all black.
Leslie, I've never seen such a bird in my neck o' the woods but I'm surely happy to meet him today! WOW you have really given him gorgeous colors, and the thicket and nest seem as if they were meant for him/her!
I LOve sending AND receiving 'just because' cards - thanks for the incredibly beautiful cue to get one in the mail!
=]
Whatever the species, your Leslie-style shading and assembly have made it be one spectacular creation, my friend! If it wasn't for those white spots, it really could be just about any bird - or a fantasy bird. Our very prolific cardinals often look rather scruffy, especially after bathing, or playing in the sprinklers. I never tire of watching our birds "swimming" in the leafy branches during a gentle storm, or when we turn on certain sprinklers. But your "empty nester" appears as though she is preparing for autumn, and awaiting the perfect mate. While springtime brings the most nest building in our area, we have spotted birds bringing their fledglings into the "feeding area" as late as December. We still see "teenagers" well into winter, still with their parents.Oh yeah, I'm here to talk about your awesome card, not the birds in our yard. LOL I just love the way your shade with inks and seem to add just the right amounts of highlights. Wishing you a wonderful week-end, Leslie. xx
Post a Comment