Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Trio of Triangle Trees

Hi everyone!  Today it's a trio of triangle trees x 3.  I've been meaning to make some triangle trees and now is the time, seeing as how I'm inspired by some Christmas-themed challenges which I'll list further down.



I think the white is my favorite, but I do like the kraft cards as well.  All the card bases are 111 lb wood grain cardstock.  The trees are made from some of my first ever dies -- Spellbinders Nested Pennants.  The set is a mix of triangles, pennant shapes, and flags.



The peace words are three layers for dimension.  The stars are cut from glitter paper.  I used scraps for the trees and mixed them up.  Sparkle and glimmer shown below:



The challenges:

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #20.  It's anything goes, but an inspiration board is always provided.
Snippets Playground Challenge #433 -- Christmas in July.  Everything but the card bases are snippets or scraps.  I always go for the smallest available parts.


 


I'm keeping it quick and easy today -- just like the cards.  I'll see you again very soon.  Have a great day!


Dies:  Spellbinders Nested Pennants and Long Classic Rectangles, Memory Box Peace Cheshire Script, MFT Die-namics Stacking Stars  Paper:  Kraft and white wood grain 111 lb cardstock, copper glitter cardstock, Cougar vanilla, Copic X-Press It white, Memory Box Christmas Plaid designer paper

25 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Pretty papers, pretty glitter and plaid! and your incredible talent for bringing them together for three darling Christmas cards!!
White, or kraft! I do love a bit of wood grain for the holidays!
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What great Christmas cards! A great way to use up your scraps! Your Christmas stash must be filling up - good for you!

Lynette said...

Great cards, Leslie! Very CAS and delightful. Great plaids, too.

aussie aNNie said...

Great project and fantastic colours and technique ♥

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful Christmas cards love your triangle trees and selection of papers-simple but very effective love them all
Carol x

Sarn said...

Absolutely LOVE this trio of triangular tree cards Leslie. Thanks for bringing them to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. I hope you've enjoyed a few of our cocktails by the paddling pool! xxx

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE these. Super simple, but the plaid takes it to a whole new level. Simply adorable!

Diane said...

Fabulous way to use those pennant dies, love the plaids, the design and the entire cards, plus easy mailers too, which is a plus in my book! Thank you for sharing at Peace On Earth!!

Yogi said...

clean and simple. Nice. Have a great day

Bonnie said...

Perfect QACAS cards, Leslie! I'm loving the plaid trees!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I love this idea, and the papers you chose for the trees. I like the wood grain for the bases too, and finishing it off with the star topper is perfect!

Christine Alexander said...

what great Christmas trees in plaid. Love the layout of these little triangles and I'm with you if I had to choose I would go with the white ♥

Evelyn S. said...

What is it about plaid? It's the perfect Christmas pattern and these trees are the perfect example. These are great cards, Leslie.

nancy littrell said...

A beautiful triangle trees Christmas card design, Leslie. I love how you made them different by using a variety of designer papers. I think the white card is my favorite too, but do Love all 3 cards. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Cat Craig said...

what a fab design concept Leslie, and I am loving that it all came from scraps. I love the bits of gold in the plaids and the sparklie star. IF this is taking it easy...keep it up. Hugs.

Pauline said...

Love these CAS cards Leslie! Your design is wonderful, love the variety of plaid papers as well as the gold sparkly star to finish them off! I love the white, but kraft is right up there as well. I don't use kraft near enough, I really should because I love the look. Thanks for sharing today Leslie, always love when you do! Have a wonderful day!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I love your sweet trees made from snippets. You are on a creative roll, and the results are so festive. I too love the white best. Somehow it's that pop of brightness. The kraft and cream highlight those plaids beautifully.

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Leslie - such a great way to use up snippets too.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

What a great way to use up scraps, Leslie. Your triangle trees are fabulous with the mix of plaids. xx

HilaryJane said...

That is such a great way to make Christmas cards and so very effective. I remember doing something very similar a few years ago when I was still quite new to the card making world and I was so pleased with them. Thanks for reminding me. I shall remember it in case I need cards in a rush as I haven't made a single xmas card yet. Thanks for the inspiration. The plaid papers are a brilliant idea. I think I like the third one best xx

Ida said...

These are great. Love the plaid paper patterns and how festive they look as trees.

laurie said...

How fun and a great idea..love your trio of trees!

Linby said...

Fabulous designs, great use of snippets and dies. Well done on being showcased in the playground.

Joan Bardee said...

you had me at triangle trees!!!! Love these so much

Kate said...

I adore these Trios of Triangular Trees! Such a simple and effective use of the pennants! And what a great way to use us those little scraps of tartan which are far too lovely to throw out! Congrats on your well-deserved Playground Showcase!