Saturday, November 21, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Reminder

Hello!  I'm back with a reminder of the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  It's open till December 4 at 8:00 pm GMT, so there's still time.  It's always anything goes with Penny Black products, but there's also an optional theme -- this time it's a Bingo or Tic-Tac-Toe board.  See the challenge blog for full instructions.



I followed diagonal top left to bottom right.  My patterned papers are DCWV Fall Forest, the Penny Black stamp set is Hello Pumpkin, and I did my best to keep this clean and simple.  I surgically split the sentiment, which originally said "hello pumpkin".  It's cute for a child, but not something I'd say to a girlfriend.  Someday the "pumpkin" word will come in handy, but not this time.  By the way, I'm using this as a Thanksgiving card.  One of very few I'll be making this year, sniff sniff.



I don't know how many of you remember SU's slot punch, but that's how I made the deep scallop border.  Stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and loosely colored with Copic markers.  I hand drew the pumpkin segment lines because my coloring looked too flat without them.

I added a lot of sparkle to this with Wink of Stella and Stickles.  Even with the large photo below you can't get the full effect.  You can definitely get a good look at my goofy coloring.  Just having fun.



Busy stamping times for me.  How about you?  I want to play with fall stamps, but Christmas cards are calling my name.  Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy it.  Come play with us in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  Pretty sure you'd enjoy it.  Take care!




20 comments:

Lynette said...

What a wonderful card, Leslie! I love the "goofy" way that you colored the pumpkin. :) I like the sparkle, too.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and love the pumkin and goofy colouring with all the sparkle
Carol x

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. Not only do I remember that punch, but I still own one. Beautiful image and layout.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card design. Love that pumpkin.

Yogi said...

pretty. Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

I love your pumpkin, very clever to add in your own lines, you would never know you did that! I can see the sparkle really well in the close up, I like your stamping all around the card too. very cool use of your slot punch too, so pretty!

Kathy Krug said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this card. Love the sparkle and shine and the little bit of pp.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Leslie - what a pretty pumpkin!
Thanks so much for guest designing for us this month!
Helen x

Cindy Beach said...

Fabulous design and I love the pumpkin with the pretty details. Yes, I remember that punch. Still have mine but rarely use it! Well done!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great card for Thanksgiving! I love the pumpkin and the way you colored it! I would never know that you drew the lines! Great job! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

nancy littrell said...

Denny and I are sure enjoying your beautiful glittery Pumpkin hello Thanksgiving card, Leslie. Thank you so much. Love how you added the lines on the pumpkin (I thought they were part of the stamp:-)) Gosh...I sure do remember the slot punch. Love the dainty stamped leaves on the sides and all the glittery stickles on the pumpkin. I so treasure our forever friendship, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Rich and the kids:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Great little pumpkin and I'm sure a little shimmer looks wonderful :)

Glenda said...

Well you have done it again my friend. I love this and you have show us how creative you can be! Love that amazing pumpkin and all the extras you added. Well done you!

Diane said...

Beautiful pumpkin!! Your cards are always so well designed, I just love seeing what you create!! Thank you so much for the cheerful card you sent me, I appreciate it so much (I recognize the stamp/die set too), it made my day!! I am feeling much better, now if I can just avoid Covid and anything else out there, I go for bloodwork tomorrow and that scares me just having to go in there...ugh!! Anywho, have a great Sunday, cool and rainy here all day!!

Pauline said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card Leslie! Lovely design, and colouring. I would of never knew you add the lines to the pumpkin, good by you! Yes I remember the SU slot punch, still have it, the scallop border turned out great! Love all the sparkle! Have a great day! Woke up this morning with our first snowfall, and it's still snowing. Keep well!

Bonnie said...

I am loving this decorative pumpkin and I think you've done a fantastic job of coloring it! Love all the fun details and schparkle! Great use of patterned paper and still keeping it CAS! Congratulations on your Guest Designer post and thanks for the inspiration!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabby pumpkin and your colouring is always awesome. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Your little added extras always make your cards special and unique... Another beauty here Leslie!

Helen said...

What a gorgeous image! Your card is so striking with the wonderful colours and all the little details you've added! So beautiful! Take care! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Obviously I am behind as this fall card is very sweet. That pumpkin is cool with the design and I do like the hints of shimmer. Very pretty.