Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Double D Challenge: Pretty Florals for Mom


Hello everyone!  Diane has given us a floral challenge for Double D this time around.  Pretty Florals for Mom... or for any occasion.  You can't help but love the sweet inspiration board and the fabulous Spellbinders die set being offered as a prize for a random winner.  Have a look:


 


My Mom is gone, but never forgotten and so the sentiment on my card is for her.



(Penny Black Captivate and Thinking of you)


I used Memento London Fog to stamp my flower bunch twice up the side of the watercolor panel, then colored with Tombow markers.  I used pretty pink shades for the blooms with a hint of amethyst blue, the same blue that's on the butterfly.  After coloring I splattered with white acrylic paint and then stamped a few sprinkles in amethyst.  It's backed with matching cardstock, popped up on the textured white card base with thin foam tape.




While the prize winner is chosen by Random.org, the team also votes on creative winners.  I'm sure you've got plenty of pretty florals in your collection and we would love to see them in our gallery at Double D.  Come visit the team and feast your eyes on all the lovely samples.  I'll see you there!

Have a beautiful day!



Stamps:  Penny Black Captivate and Thinking of You, Stampin' Up retired Itty Bitty Backgrounds (splatter stamp)  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot pressed watercolor, CTMH Spring Iris, textured white  Ink:  Memento London Fog, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Lovely Lilac  Coloring:  Tombow markers with minimal use of the blender  Other:  White acrylic paint, thin foam mounting tape


27 comments:

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous and the sentiment brought tears to my eyes, I miss my Mom so much! Beautiful florals, if it were my card I would frame it as it is frame worthy for sure, you and your Tombows certainly have a way to bring beauty into the world!! Give Sophie a big hug and 'smooch' for me!!

Yogi said...

Beautiful. I never would have realized your double stamping to create the whole sprig. Worked really well. Another bunch of flowers I LOVE... Wonderful card and sentiment. Have a great day

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! Love those florals, beautiful water coloring! And that sentiment, isn't it everything?!? Absolutely perfect! This is glorious!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... such a BEAUTIFUL creation! Love your flowers and you've of course colored them perfectly!! What a beautiful sentiment too! I'm always in AWE when I come to visit ... you are so creative!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Such a beautiful card! The sentiment brought tears to my eyes - so touching. Your coloring is so soft and perfect colors for this card. Have a great day!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a lovely, lovely card Leslie! Your colored blooms are SO pretty and I just LOVE the sentiment you used! I'm sure your mom is smiling down on this one! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your mom, Leslie. Those words could not be any more special!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous card Leslie! What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I'm going to have to look for this sentiment set!

Cat Craig said...

As usual your coloring is a delight. Love this pretty blooming card.

Erikine spominčice said...

Beautiful <3

I Card Everyone said...

Mine is gone, too, Leslie. I adore your sentiment today - a perfectly wonderful thought for a truly beautifully colored floral arrangement!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my post and we are now in some sort of routine so we can but hope! Love your gorgeous card,beautiful sentiment and flowers coloured so beautifully,my Mam died 17yes ago just as I started cardmaking so pretty basic really but when she died I found she had kept them :)
Carol x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful memorial to your Mom, Leslie! I feel the same. And I LOVE your pretty flowers! Adding the bit of blue to the pink brings out the coloring on these flowers beautifully!

Christine Alexander said...

your watercolouring always blows my mind :) Stunning card

Birgit said...

What a beautiful card to give homage to your mom. The flowers are colored to perfection and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect for those of us who've lost our mom's. What a lovely and honoring post!

Barbara said...

Swoon!!! The flowers on your card as a perfect match to that lovely sentiment. It looks like you put a lot of thought into making this. That is my opinion! My Mom has been gone almost 20 years and I never met my mother-in-law as she passed before we got married. Boy that makes me sound old. Lol Well I guess I am.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So beautiful! Wonderful colouring.

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh, Leslie - this is another amazing card!! It is so beautiful! I love the softness of it - and everything else, of course. I have flowers on my blog this morning - maybe I'll link my card up to the challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Leslie, this is pure gorgeousness. It looks like your smile, and the sentiment is sooooo like your dear heart! Thinking of you EVER so fondly. Giggling. xx

Glenda said...

I'm sorry to be late to comment. I was here earlier and got so excited to go create and enter the challenge that I forgot to comment! Your florals truly inspired me so off I went. Your coloring is perfection as always and everything just rolls into a beautiful creation. Well done!

HilaryJane said...

Your flowers are just beautiful and I love that little blue butterfly. Such amazing colouring as always xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my, how beautiful. Your coloring is GORGEOUS, I'm so envious of your talent. I love the soft colors, and that greeting is the perfect final touch. Such a dear, sweet card, my friend!!

Ida said...

Wow what a stunning card. Your coloring is gorgeous. I love that sentiment. Mother's Day is hard when our moms are gone.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my so soft and gorgeous, love the colors and your extra little touches with the stamping of the sprinkles and white paint, I so miss my mom too!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a beautiful card Leslie with your flawless colouring and extra splatters and details, as well as that beautiful sentiment. Vicky x

Vicki said...

Simply breathtaking, Leslie! The watercolor florals look amazing. Love the spatters and your amazing coloring. That sentiment speaks to my heart. Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

This looks lovely fresh and bright! Great colour combo, design and stylish x