Sunday, April 28, 2024

Bird Notes

Hello and welcome!  It feels like a long time since I posted and, in fact, it has been a week.  I've been paddling below the surface with the many things that keep a person busy.  Nothing of concern, but my hands seem to be more full than usual lately.  This week I happily have some cards to share, prompted by a challenge or two.

Today the focus is on designer paper.  The Vast Hoard never seems to shrink, even though it's been ages (okay... months) since I added to it.  A few days ago I saw that the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge is calling for "Springtime Designer Paper".  Well, you know that prompt had my name written all over it.  So I made this card:


(Mintay Springtime designer paper, Elizabeth Craft Layered Birds, Sue Wilson Creative Expressions Stacked Happy Birthday, Impression Obsession Balloons, miscellaneous foliage dies and string bow)


I hope they don't mind that I took advantage of this challenge to play with some bird dies that have been sitting far too long in the never-been-used basket.  Now that I've used them I think they're an awfully lot of fun.  I cut all parts in white and colored with Copics.  The random foliage on the first card is rather a mess because you know how something doesn't look right so you keep adding things... yes, that happened.

Then I went on to make a second card because there are two birds in the die set.


(Mintay Birdsong designer paper, Elizabeth Craft Layered Birds, Memory Box Leaf Bunches, Impression Obsession Grass, Spellbinders Lattice Border, The Ton Easy Expressions with dies)


The next card was made in February.  I'd always intended to make more from its particular paper collection, but it didn't happen.  The paper was put away and the card pushed to the side, tsk tsk.  It has worth so I'll share it here.


(Studio Light Winter Garden designer paper, Sue Wilson Creative Expressions Duos Just a Note)

It's time to move along so I'll list the two inspiring challenges:

Sisterhood of Crafters -- Springtime Designer Paper
NBUS Challenge #61 -- My never before used schtuff is the bird dies and the Winter Garden designer paper.


 


Thank you all for visiting.  Have a happy day!



18 comments:

Yogi said...

All 3 are adorable. Love the Spring time card and the use of the bow for the balloon - cute. Nice die for the birds. Pretty paper for the 3rd bird. Have a great day

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful collection of cards, the birds really make it feel like spring :)

Birgit said...

What a gorgeous trio of cards today! Each one is just as lovely as the next. You can't go wrong with papers from Mintay. Add the birds and you've got three winners here. Gorgeous spring cards Leslie!

HilaryJane said...

3 great cards. I particularly like the first one and the clever ways you have used that patterned paper. I am glad you have finally used those bird dies too. Hope to see some more of them xx

Cat Craig said...

3 enchanting cards, Leslie. YOu do birds so very well.

Lynette said...

Such awesome cards, Leslie!! I think the last one is my favorite, but the others are wonderful, also. Those birds look like a lot of work, but worth it. Glad you've had some time to play.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm loving all of the pretty little birds on your cards today, Leslie! Great use of your patterned papers too. I need to use mine more often!

I Card Everyone said...

See! This is why my own patterned paper just sits in the closet - I never have the where-with-all to put it together with such darling die cuts like your sweet birds and big sentiment dies!
I'm leaving this challenge to you and the rest of the pros, Leslie - three gorgeous cards that just sing Spring!
=]

Diane said...

These cards are beautiful with all the pretty papers and adding the birds was brilliant!! You sure can't go wrong with Mintay papers (I just ordered some new from scrapbookdotcom as it is 10% off this week).. I love those pretty birds and such a clever way to use them!! Thanks so much too for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!!

Bonnie said...

Three beautiful birds, Leslie! I love how you've colored the first two and matched them with beautiful papers! The third is beautiful papers! Good for you to use those papers and you do it so well!

Marcia Hill said...

These are all BEAUTIFUL Leslie and I admit I'm a little jealous of the way you know how to mix and match and add to DSP!! I've got boatloads of it...want any??!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Three beautiful spring-time cards with lovely birds, Leslie. Each one is so sweet with your lovely patterned papers and layering of fabulous elements to compliment them. xx

Darlene said...

OH MY GOODNESS ... these are all just AMAZING! You're so creative and those birdies are so happy to make their appearance! You can see the smiles on their little faces! LOL (Secret ... you actually came to mind when I came up with this theme idea lol) Your cards are so inspirational ... thanks my friend and hope you have a wonderful day/week ahead!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

It's always great when you can use some of your DSP and to add some adorable birds makes the cards so pretty! These are nice to have ready in your collection to send out to say hello and make someone's day special!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh you do have some lovely papers Leslie! You must feel very pleased to have used these even though you know it won't ever have any effect on the Vast Hoard!! I love a bird image on cards too so love all of these designs. Hope the busy-ness abates and you can relax a bit more :) Vicky x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness they are all beautiful, and you just know I love those bird dies :) Very creative cutting the balloon out of the paper that is just gorgeous, Love the bird tucked into the greenery too!
Love the bird in the second one too, great colors and I love the branch he is sitting in. Love how you cut out the sentiment too! Pretty lattice.
That is a cool way to showcase the paper in a different way on your 3rd card, and that die cut sentiment is just perfect with it! Gorgeous!!
I know what you mean about life getting busy, and the days seem to just fly by with not getting done everything you had hoped for.

Ida said...

A trio of delightful cards. Each one is just so pretty and charming. (If) I had to pick a favorite...#3 caught my attention but they are all just wonderful.

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness Leslie, these 3 cards are amazing. Anything nature related, you know me, I love it! I love how you used Mintay's papers incorporated into your card, the balloon is so adorable, just love everything about this card, and your little die cut bird - fabulous. for your 2nd card, again, just love everything about this. Beautiful papers, and love how you perched the bird on the branch! And your 3rd card, beautiful paper, and love the sentiment! Amazing cards Leslie, you always inspire me! Have a wonderful day!