Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Double D Challenge: Stencils/Altenew Collaboration

Hello!  It's time again for a Double D challenge, and today is special because Altenew has kindly shared some of their amazing product with the team and sweetened our own Double D prize pot with a $50 gift certificate to the Altenew shop.

Play along with Altenew's August Inspiration Challenge and you just might be a winner there, too.



    

At the Double D Challenge our current theme is stencils, but just this once the theme is optional.  For more thorough details, please visit the Double D blog.




In light of our play date with Altenew the team has used some of their awesome products.  I've played with the Build-a-Garden:  Morning Asters set, which is pretty amazing with stamps, dies, stencils, and a blending brush all included.  The stenciled flowers and leaves is a whole different look for me with a lot of contrast in the colors I've used.  I rather like it for a change, but stenciling is a whole other way of coloring stamps, new to me and will require further experimentation with the colors and technique.



I love that there's one stencil with nothing but some spare background leaves you can use whichever way you please.  In this case I added a nice blue which coordinates with the green and complements the saffron and mustard shades of the flowers.  Several sentiments come with the set, all small enough to tuck into any space, such as here in the corner of the oval frame which I pulled from my spare card parts.




Remember, in addition to our creative winners there are two prizes:

  1. A $50 gift certificate from Altenew
  2. The stencil pictured below, straight from Double D




I encourage you to visit the Double D blog to get the full story, plus you'll see all the fun the team had playing with Altenew.  Thanks so much!


Stamps:  Altenew Build-a-Garden:  Morning Asters  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White  Ink:  Various Stampin' Up for stenciling, Memento Tuxedo Black for sentiment  Other:  Memory Box Oval Master Frame (2016)

25 comments:

Diane said...

Your asters are gorgeous and I love the mix of blue added in, so creative and a beautifully designed card, I am sure you will be using this set again and again!!

Vicki said...

Wow, this may be a favorite Build-A-Garden set. I love the colors that you've used on these Asters. Perfect for this time of year as the summer is winding down. The oval frame around the design and flowers popping through is gorgeous.

Donna Phelan said...

Stunning! Love the oval die cut and how everything is peeking through, such a clever design! Those Asters are magnificent and the star of the show! Altenew makes crafting and card making sooooo easy!

Barbara said...

Awesome! Your creation is so pleasing, and that oval was a great idea. I love the leaves in the background, and they really add to the asters that you have colored perfectly.

Birgit said...

Your card is stunning, Leslie! I love the colors you've used. Looks like my patch of brown eyed Susan's. The stenciled leaves in the background are so lovely. I think I need to CASE your color palette, since I worked with the same set. This is gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Leslie! Those Asters are so pretty in the colors you chose, and I love how you have them peeking through the oval aperture too! And did I read your post correctly that you've never stenciled before?? I must have misread that as your card is done so beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

Oh Leslie, this is SO GORGEOUS! Your coloring is perfect (of course) and your design caught my eye right away ... LOVE IT! That outside the circle design is just perfect for these pretty flowers! Well done my friend and thanks again for such amazing inspiration! Hope you are having a good week! HUGS

Yogi said...

Wonderful card and design. I like that leaf sprig in the background and the colors you chose. Has a lot of usage. Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness, Leslie! I could NOT love your color choices more! Those darling Asters are so cute popping from your oval frame - leaves always 'do it' for me, and these in blue and green are fantastic!
Can't wait to play along!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

A stunning, card, Leslie! Looks like expert stenciling to me! The colors you chose are beautiful and I love how you've added a few leaves around the oval that perfectly complete the design. Hope that you have an awesome day!

Doni High said...

I love your oval frame with the beautiful flowers spilling out. The colors are beautiful together.

Bonnie said...

Such pretty flowers and you've used the stencils beautifully, Leslie! Love the die cut oval and the depth of color in your leaves and flowers!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great set combination! I like how you combined the blue with the green leaves peeking out of your oval frame. If I lived closer I would like to shop at your spare parts drawer! Beautiful colored flowers as well! We are looking to celebrating Joe's birthday this weekend so hope the weather holds out! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is just as pretty as it can be! I love your flowers flowing from the oval and your colors are marvelous!

laurie said...

Stunning....very breath taking!!!

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, fabulous design. As usual your eye for something spectacular has come through. Hugs.

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful, I love it. Such lovely rich colours. It is amazing what you can do with stencils these days xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

Conniecrafter said...

You did such a gorgeous job with this stencil, and love the colors you have used. I love the way the flowers are popping out of the oval too, sweet sentiment too! I have not tried the layering stencils with stamps as of yet.

Judy Woodland said...

I love the design on this card. Stamping the background and then popping up the focal through that oval frame is just genius. Especially having the background remain white, it really makes the whole thing just pop. You never disappoint, my friend. I'm pinning this one!!!

Pauline said...

Wow! this is amazing Leslie! I love the way your designed your card with the leaves in the background, and the florals die cut and in the forefront, hanging outside your oval window. Your stenciling is done to perfection Leslie, lovely colour choices. The sentiment is so sweet, can be used for many occasions!
Thank you for sharing, have an awesome day!

Margaret said...

Absolutely beautiful. The asters' colors are stunning. I love that you save those cut frames. I end up tossing mine because keeping them gets out of control. I need more time to spend in my craft room.

Ida said...

Super pretty. The colors are wonderful and those leaves go great with the pretty flowers.

Lynette said...

So beautiful and so fun!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful die cut flowers and love the touch of stenciling in the background ♥