Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Pinkfresh Poinsettia

Hello, friends!  I have more Christmas cards today and it all started when my friend, Nancy, let me borrow her Pinkfresh Poinsettia set for a while.  I got busy and stamped a bunch before she reclaimed her set.

All were stamped in Versamark and embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.  The first card with the wreath turned out to be my favorite.  "Noel" is from an older Stampin' Up set, and I perched some Poppy Whittle Birds on the letters.



I colored each with the same color Copics, using a loose brushstroke technique.  No shading, just trying to make sure some white space shows.  It's a super easy way to color in quantities.  Nancy did not leave the dies so I hand cut all the Poinsettia parts.  After cutting I rubbed the backsides with a fat-round-blunt stylus shaping tool.  Not sure what it's called but I always use it for flower shaping and things like this.

The wreath and word are popped up on thin foam mounting tape.  I used Spellbinders Devine Eloquence dies on each card.  It's an older set that still gets a lot of love from me.




Next up I cut three separate Poinsettia pieces and arranged them in an arch over the die cut greeting.  The poinsettia at the peak is popped up.  There's an embossed panel in the background, and gems for "i" dots.




Finally, above and below the greeting with three little gold pearls and another embossed panel.



These cards are so much prettier in real life, but you know how that goes, don't you?  It was apparently not a good day for photos.  I have lots more Poinsettia pieces to work with and I plan to continue with variations along these same lines.  One day at a time...

Sending thanks to my local forever friend, Nancy, for sharing with me.  See you again soonish!



Stamps:  Pinkfresh Poinsettia  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, color scraps  Ink:  Versamark  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Spellbinders Devine Eleoquence and Labels Twenty-Eight die sets, Poppy Whittle Birds, Cottage Cutz Greetings, Memory Box Warm Christmas Wishes, Stampin' Up Wonderful Wreath Noel die  Other:  Self-adhesive pearls and gems, Darice Sheet Music and Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe embossing folders, foam mounting tape

22 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely cards, Leslie. The designs are so pretty. xx

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Leslie! How fun. I can't believe you did all that hand-cutting, though!! I'm impressed. :-)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! These are all so BEAUTIFUL Leslie! I just love the elegance of white on white and then the pops of color from the wreaths and swags you created with the Poinsettia's! Lovely, lovely cards my friend and I can't wait to see more!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

love the wreaths and swags you created and so beautifully coloured ♥

aussie aNNie said...

It's a wonderful lot of card with this great colouring and ever so exquisite ...x

Glenda said...

Beautiful cards my friend! I can't believe you fussy cut all the pieces. I'm not sure I'd have the patience for that anymore! Have a great weekend!

Yogi said...

a bunch of lovely cards. Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Your lovely friend sent me a few of the washi Poinsettias and I can't wait to put them on a card, Leslie!
Your stamped, heat embossed ones are so beautifully Copic colored - I could only choose your first card as a favorite because of those sweet little birds!
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

It's so nice when you can borrow craft goodies. I miss that since my friend moved south. Love this stamp set. You did such a good job fussy cutting! My hand doesn't like that anymore. Your cards look so pretty. Shows what variations you can make. Your Christmas stash must be growing!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness they are just gorgeous, every one of them! Of course what is not to love when you have a wreath, flowers and birds all on one card. I love that die set too for the background, those will never go out of style :) Love the shading/coloring you did on the birds, so sweet!
Love the swag on the second with the cute sentiment, like the gems for the eyes, I am always losing those little dots for the "i's"
Your third card is gorgeous too, I just love the arrangement you have done on this one, and the white on white backgrounds just allow your flowers to be the showcase but still adding great interest to the card!

Margaret said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful and I can't believe you fussy cut all those parts. Amazing. What a great friend you have in Nancy.

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, that is a gorgeous collection of cards for your stash.

Joan B said...

these are beautiful

HilaryJane said...

This is such a lovely showcase for that very pretty stamp set. i can't choose a favourite as they are all equally stunning. Love the gold embossing and that interesting colouring technique xx

CarolynL said...

These cards are simply exquisite!

Bonnie said...

Sharing stamping supplies with a friend doubles the fun! Three awesome cards with these pretty poinsettias! Love the ornate die cut in the backgrounds and those Whittle Birds make me smile!

Darnell said...

You're getting great use out of Nancy's share, Leslie, and I love all your sensational Christmas creations! Your painting is perfect for these little spaces to really make them come alive! And each sediment and e/f finish them mwah! Hugs, Darnell

pam said...

Beautiful cards Leslie, pretty poinsettias and love the colours you have used.
Pam x

Cindy Beach said...

You've shown me something beautiful today, I LOVE the poinsettia wreath, Leslie! I've not seen it before, but your cards are amazing. I love the exquisite gold embossing and your gorgeous painting. The dies make each one so special. Can't wait to see more!!

laurie said...

Love these soft colors for the holidays!

Pauline said...

Oh my word, love all 3 of these cards Leslie! Your designs, copic colouring and use of your dies is second to none! Love the white backgrounds, makes for such elegant cards. Your first card with the wreath, birds and die cut noel, is my favourite. Nice to add a few more cards to your Christmas stash! Looking forward to more cards using the Poinsettia pieces. Have a wonderful day!

Ida said...

These are so pretty. Love, Love, Love the embossing and how elegant they all look.