Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Double D Challenge: Christmas in July


Hi, friends!  It's time for Christmas in July at the Double D Challenge and Darlene has given us a darling inspiration board for a spark.



When you look at my card you can see I was drawn to the snowman.  My guy is perhaps not the most handsome snowman ever, but you can't judge a book by its cover.  I'm sure he has a good heart and he certainly looks friendly.  He's welcoming us with joy to his snowy alpine home.



The card is a 3 1/2" x 6" mini slimline.  I've combined Tim Holtz and Impression Obsession dies.  I'll list them all at the end.  It's my second time this season for the Alpine dies.  Not bad for me.  I think I'll be using them a lot.  It comes with the three trees on the left, but the other tree is built into the IO Tree Landscape Layers.  I cut the trees in both green and white, then offset the layers.

White acrylic paint for the snow splatters.  I smudged some up at the top, oops.  I'm not worrying about it much as it's overshadowed by all the other fun stuff on the card.  There's glitter, too, but I've not had an easy time getting it to show lately.  The sparkle is delightful in real life.  



You know the drill -- the team will vote on creative favorites, plus there's a prize for a random winner.



Treat yourself to a peek at the Double D blog to see all the team's samples.  I hope you'll be inspired to play along.  See you soon!


Paper:  Neenah white, SU Ballet Blue, other scraps of colored cardstock  Coloring:  Gray shadowed areas are Copics  Dies:  Tim Holtz Sizzix Papercut Christmas #2 (snowman), Alpine, Holiday Words: Script; Impression Obsession Tree Landscape Layers, Small Snowflake Set  Other:  White acrylic paint for snow, Stickles Diamond glitter glue for sparkle

27 comments:

Glenda said...

What an adorable card my friend. I'm loving those little trees and the paint splatters just speak to me. I love splatters but never use them. You go girl!

Birgit said...

Your card is adorable Leslie, and I'm loving that quirky snowman! You've given him the perfect setting with those giant Alps. A great take on the inspiration board!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Wintry card lova ll the dies and the snowman does look happy bless him lol
Carol x

Diane said...

What a fabulously FUN card, I think he is a great snowman, happy and just downright FUN!! Those Alpine mountains are great, I can see where they will be very useful for every season, love the snow splatters too!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I don't know, he drew me in, he's kind of intriguing lol Loving your snowy mountains and wonky trees! MerryMerry!

Barbara said...

Well, he certainly looks cold and I am sure that is how snowman should be. The snowy mountain is the perfect background and your photo with the swirling snow is the best.

Marcia Hill said...

I love, LOVE the face on your snowman Leslie...his face just cracks me up!! He probably looks like he does because it's FREEZING up there in that Alpine area, and maybe too because he just might be related to the abominable snow monster from the Rudolph movie that I used to watch as a kid! But anyway, the scene you've created with all the mountains, trees, snowflakes and splatters is just delightful my friend...FABULOUS card!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

OMG [chuckle] ... what an adorable scene you have created! Yes, Mr. Snowman looks like a very good hearted chap! Awesome & inspiring creation my friend ... well done! BIG HUGS!

Yogi said...

cute. Please leave winter a long time away... Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, your snowman has tons of personality and is surely living a joy-filled life there in your beautiful mountains! I see that glitter, but I know it is probably much glitterier IRL!
=]
ps I haven't created one Christmas card in July - yet!

Margaret said...

Hmmm. just tried to leave a comment, but got an error. That happened the last time too. I hope it's just a small glitch. Love your wonky snowman. Your dies create just a great snowy scene. So glad I'm not there although we could use a little colder weather here in H Town where it is HOT, HOT, HOT!

Doni High said...

Great winter scene with such an adorable fun loving snowman!

HilaryJane said...

This is so much fun. Love your happy looking snowman. He definitely does seem to be welcoming us into his alpine home. A lovely, quirky card and those splatters are amazing. I can imagine the sparkle, so don't worry xx

Cat Craig said...

He's a fun guy and perfect for the slimline style. I got the notification email at 1:02 pm eastern. So thats quite a few hours.

Bonnie said...

This fun snowman makes me laugh out loud, Leslie! Love the snowy mountains and that bright blue!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Another Xmas card - good for you! Love your adorable snowman along with your tree dies! I wish I were as good as you are with the paint splattering.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I just ADORE that wonky, fun snowman. I think Tim Holtz gave him a name but I can't remember. :-D Your design is so cool, I love what you have done with those die sets. Well done, and great take on the challenge!!

Lisa Elton said...

I think he's a dandy little fella and I love the scene you put him in! I spy some sparkle in there. This is cute, Leslie!

Vicki said...

This is just plain fun, Leslie! Every snowman is unique to the snowflakes that create him. Love all of the layering and matting to make everything dimensional. Love that pop of blue for the sentiment.

nancy littrell said...

Who hoo...Lucky me!!! I got to see Leslie's Adorable and very creative happy snowman and beautiful Die cut Mts and Trees Winter scene in person yesterday, when we got to have an hour of show and tell time at Leslie's house:-) I laughed and couldn't stop smiling when I saw Leslie's adorable Christmas card..TFS my dear forever friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Conniecrafter said...

Fun winters scene with the snowy mountain range for your background and that snowman is surely joyful, just look at that smile :) I can see the sparkle in your up close photo :)

Christine Alexander said...

What a fun quirky snowman and love your alpine scene :)

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable creation and fabulous design x

Ida said...

What a fun card. The snowman is cute. Love the bold look of the mountains.

Cindy Beach said...

I love this wonky snowman and everything about your card, Leslie! The dies create a wonderful scene, I suspect you'll get lots of use out of them. Spatters of white and glitter make me happy as does Mr Snow's toothy grin!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Leslie Miller had an oops! Makes me not feel so bad :)
Other than that, can you hook me up with your snowman? I'm sure he had a great personallity. Totally fun awesome card.

Lynette said...

So cute, and yes - I'm sure Mr. Snowman has a very good heart!