Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Dancing in the Moonlight

Hi!  Just me, playing with my Lavinia stamps because it's been a while.  As I worked on this card I realized how much I've forgotten since the last time I picked them up.  That was April.  Now it's like starting all over again.

Today I have Minni & Moo dancing along a garden path in the moonlight.





To start things off I stamped the stone path and the moon in Memento London Fog.  I masked the moon and the landscape and blended blues and greens and highlights of purple, leaving the path to appear illuminated by the moonlight.  After stamping all the black silhouettes and allowing the ink to dry thoroughly I stamped the magic sprinkles in Versamark and embossed in white.  They seem a little too stark to me so next time I'll try something different.  I also forgot to add shadows under Minni & Moo.  Every card is a learning experience.

I finished with a light spritz of Sheer Shimmer sparkle spray, then mounted on a mini-slimline white card base.




Lavinia stamps used:
Minni & Moo, Moon, Fairy Path, Tree Branch, Mini Leaf 1 (tree leaves), Fern Heads, Slender Mushrooms, Forest Spruce, Foliage Set 2, Stars 1 Mini

All these Lavinia stamps and more can be found at Del Bello's Designs shop.  Best resource I've found in the US with a full Lavinia inventory.

Minni & Moo and several other stamps I used are first time out of the package so I'll link up with Darnell's NBUS Challenge #53.




I'll play more with Lavinia soon, I hope.   It's good to have a little magic in your life.

Have a wonderful day!



18 comments:

Glenda said...

This is lovely! The Lavinia stamps are quite distinctive but so beautiful! Lovely design and colors used!

Diane said...

Wow, you are so creative with these scenes, what a beautiful card with so many awesome details!!I have yet to use my Lavinia stamps as I am so intimidated by them, maybe I just need to buy more lol!! I love every single detail about this card Minni and Moo are so cute dancing along the path and what a great moon it is too, wow~wow~wow!!!

Yogi said...

Another lovely and striking card. Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, it looks to me you haven't forgotten a thing! Another mystical magically wonderful card! Minni & Moo seem to be having a fun little 'after hours' lark! LOve the fiddlehead ferns!
=]

Ida said...

So cute and enchanting. Those little mice are just adorable and I bet this shimmers beautifully.

Nimue said...

You see mistakes. I see magic.

nancy littrell said...

Love your beautiful Lavinia stamped nighttime scene, Leslie. I especially love your illuminated stepping stone path and moon a skipping down the path Minnie & Moo:-) All your silhouette stamped images are perfect for your nighttime scene too. It does not look like you forgot your Lavinia stamping techniques, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

crafty-stamper said...

You do realise I have been singing this since I read your title lol. Love the beautiful scene and stamps and a perfect title -love it
Carol x

laurie said...

What a magical scene...love this!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful moonlit background for Minni & Moo, Leslie! This card tells a fun story with these two characters skipping down the garden path in the moonlight! What fun!

Lisa Elton said...

I do love this enchanting scene you've created for Minni and Moo! Look at that moon ~ WOW! Wonderful card, Leslie!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulouse dose of wonderment. Love the magical scene and the touchs of white.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

It just made my day when I saw these two cuties dancing in the moonlight! I love all the detail you put into your card. I feel like you could write a story about them! Love how you made the moon and path. You definitely do amazing with this technique!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, what an absolutely enchanting scene!! That moon is gorgeous and those cute little mice are surely having fun!!
Beautiful colors all around this sweet and magical scene!!
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs.
Maria.

Marcia Hill said...

Doesn't look to me like you've forgotten a thing since April Leslie...this card is FABULOUS!! Minni & Moo look like they're having a wonderful time, and your colors are SO magical that I feel like I could just fall right into this lovely scene you've created! Sweet, sweet card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

They look like they are enjoying dancing in the moonlight, I love your background, the blending is so pretty and love your touch of the sparkle spray!

Cynthia M said...

This is absolutely MAGICAL! The colors, the blending, and those delightful critters! I want to visit this place in my dreams!

Christine Alexander said...

I always love your little Lavinia scenes, those little mice looks so happy dancing in the moonlight :)