Monday, August 14, 2023

Delicate Rosebuds

Hello!  I'm popping in with a card inspired by two challenges:  The Flower Challenge is asking for spots or stripes.  I have polka dots in the frame and dry embossed stripes in the background.  The dry embossed stripes are for Can You Handle the Pressure which is all about embossing folders, and this time the optional twist is stripes.  The two challenges practically made the card for me... well, that might be a stretch, but they helped.




It was an opportunity to ink up a new-to-me Pinkfresh set called Delicate Rosebuds.  They are very delicate indeed, and that's what attracted me.  I love the lines.  I also got the matching dies which I looked at very closely in the samples and saw that they do a good job of cutting out the inner parts.  That's a big plus for me.  Two of the sentiments have matching dies, as well, and they're kind of perfect.

I stamped in Versamark and embossed the roses in detail white, the sentiment in detail black.  An extra die cut layer under each added just the right bit of dimension.  I also added thin foam mounting tape under parts of the roses.

Coloring was done with Tombow markers and homemade blender solution.  I debated myself over the orange frame, and the part of me that loves citrus colors won out.



Here are those aforementioned challenges, plus NBUS because my Pinkfresh Delicate Rosebuds are a first time use:

The Flower Challenge #83 -- Add spots or stripes
Can You Handle the Pressure -- Anything goes with a twist of stripes
NBUS Challenge #53 -- Never before used schtuff


 



I will see you again very soon.  Take care!



Stamps:  Pinkfresh Delicate Rosebuds with matching dies  Paper:  Arches 140 lb hot press watercolor, Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 lb, Bo Bunny Soft Shades Double Dot designer paper  Ink:  Versamark  Coloring:  Tombow markers and homemade blender solution  Other:  WOW Opaque Bright White and Primary Ebony super fine embossing powder, Jolee's adhesive gems, Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe embossing folder, MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Frames, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

20 comments:

Loll said...

Such a beautiful and delicate stem of roses, Leslie. I can see why you liked this set. And the sentiment is a great reminder we need to think about the joy in our lives. I love the bright, happy citrus colours too! :) xx

Glenda said...

Your roses are just lovely and add the perfect finishing touch for your card! I love the embossing folder and it is just what you needed for the challenge. I'm still scurring around trying to think of something to post so I can join this challenge...I do love this challenge and the Christmas Card Challenge too! Well I'm off to the races so you have a good day my friend!

Pauline said...

Leslie, this is so beautiful. Love the tall lines of this rose bud die cut, so elegant. I am with you about cutting out the inner parts. That is one thing that I love about Pinkfresh! Such a perfect sentiment as well! The embossed stripes is just subtle enough for your gorgeous floral. Take care,

Yogi said...

good job. I really like the combination and colors. I LOVE that rose stem and coloring. Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I'm happy the orange won - so pretty with your delicate yellow roses! I hear what you're saying about those dies - I need to pay better attention to those samples as I've found myself carving out those bits with a blade!
The slant of this wonderful sentiment aligns with your stripes - you clever girl!
I'm so happy this beauty found its way to The Flower Challenge!
=]

Margaret said...

So very pretty. I love flower stamps and this one is just gorgeous. I love that it has a matching die that works so well cutting it out. The colors remind me of autumn. I know it's not quite there yet, but we're getting closer.

Evelyn S. said...

Another gorgeous card, Leslie! And those delicate images and dies! Wow! I continue to be amazed at your skill in working with such small details and creating such beautiful cards.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love your rose card and die. Your are so right about the inner parts. I think you were right with the orange DPS. It looks like some SU paper I have. I think the sentiment is also perfect for this card! Great details!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, Leslie. your coloring always draws me in.

Diane said...

A gorgeous set, know wonder you had to have it and perfectly framed in the orange dots which offset the rose buds so prettily, what a beautiful design too!! Thanks too for joining our challenge at Can you Handle The Pressure!!

Conniecrafter said...

I think you chose well I love that frame to go with your lovely delicate flowers, very pretty embossed with the white!

Bonnie said...

I'm impressed with these delicate rose buds and the die does a fantastic job of cutting all those intricate places that are so hard to fussy cut! You've colored beautifully and I love the orange polka dots with these sunny yellow buds!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the delightful polka dot frame and orange was the perfect choice! This is pretty, Leslie. Love the rosebuds and that wonderful sentiment!

Marcia Hill said...

Can't believe I missed this card as you're using a set that I keep looking at and am so tempted to add to my cart! This turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leslie!! I'm loving the stripes and dots along with the delicate rosebuds...beautiful coloring and a BEAUTIFUL card!! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, the delicate roses and pretty stems are beautiful, Leslie! I am loving the set and the dies do look very well worth buying. I will be looking this one up, for sure! The dots and stripes are perfect additions to this very lovely card. I love the citrus vibe too!

Ida said...

Simply gorgeous card. Love the image and the colors you used. Also the pretty embellishments.

Lynette said...

Simply delightful, Leslie! I love the dotted frame and embossed stripes, and the flowers are gorgeous. What a wonderful card.

Viv said...

This is such a gorgeous card Leslie, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Christine Alexander said...

I've just started to notice the pinkfresh stamp, die and hot foil combos. Seeing your creations is pushing me into buy some sets. thanks for being an enabler xx

Pam Sparks said...

Just lovely and charming Leslie!