Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Double D Challenge -- Weddings

Time for another Double D challenge already?  Why, yes it is, and this time Team Darlene is asking for Wedding-themed cards.  Seems June is all about Weddings and Father's Day when it comes to card making.  I don't have any weddings in the offing, but you never know...  I'll be ready with the card I'm sharing today.




Have a look at our pretty, pretty mood board:




I was completely enchanted by the pink roses and baby's breath the bridesmaids are holding, but there's a lot to be inspired by in the mood board.

I made paper roses with pearl centers.  Didn't have any baby's breath so I used white die cuts instead.  Now, you know I don't ordinarily use chunky flowers on my cards, but a wedding card is special.  I thought if I made them more like wild roses they'd be a little less chunky and, in fact, I made an over-sized envelope from heavy weight paper and the card fits very nicely inside.  The roses are already crinkly, so you can hardly mess them up.




I used an old Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities die set -- three sizes for each rose.  These are circle dies with a lightly scalloped edge.  Cut from heavy paper -- not as heavy as card stock -- then doused thoroughly with water and wadded up tightly.  Put the layers together after they dried.  Two of the flowers were dried with a heat tool, but one was left wet and wadded overnight (ran out of time).  The overnight flower came out the best, I think.

The lower half of the card was embossed with a large Anna Griffin embossing folder, then swiped over with a white craft pad (pigment ink... the kind you can emboss).  Brings out the pattern beautifully.  Top half was cut in a curve and stamped with a retired SU Fine Lace background.  "Love" is a Power Poppy stamp.

Finished up the inside similarly.  The sentiment is from a Power Poppy digital set -- not a wedding sentiment, necessarily, but I think it works.  It would also be a cute sentiment for a baby card, don't you think?  Just stretching the resources.




I'll sum up the ingredients in the recipe further down, but first I want to remind you to visit Double D for more challenge info and to have a look at how the team was inspired.  You'll see quite a variety of pretty things there!  I'll be back when stamping happens.  Have a beautiful day!



Stamps:  Power Poppy My English Rose clear stamp set (love), Power Poppy Tulips digi set (inside senti)  Paper:  Neenah Classic white, pink paper for roses, SU Pink Pirouette smooth and textured  Ink:  SU Pink Pirouette, Going Gray, Craft White (all SU inks), printer for inside digi sentiment, RV00 Copic to color inside leaf and highlight sentiment  Accessories:  Pearls, silk ribbon, silver cord, Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Wildflower Gate embossing folder  Dies:  Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities and A2 Curved Borders One, Memory Box Chloe Stem, Poppystamps Sylvan Sprig, Dee's Distinctively Sm Pair of Leaves (inside)

33 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Leslie! The prettiest shade of pink and those flowers! You've captured the inspiration photo in the best way ever!

Glenda said...

This is so beautiful! Those roses are simply amazing and I love the pink. As I get older the pink is a color that I love! Also your bow peeping out the bottom is also very beautiful! You knocked this one out of the park!

Joan B said...

Leslie!!!! This is stunning. We are going to a wedding Saturday and I have nothing for a card. this would be perfect. Sigh

Pauline said...

Breathtaking! Leslie, this is stunning! Oh my, so elegant, your flowers turned out beautiful, love all the pink, your embossing, die cutting, pearls - you have captured it all. A beautiful keepsake for the recipient. Thanks for sharing an amazing card. Have a great day!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is so serene and beautiful! Love how you picked out those colours in the top tile too... Beautiful handmade flowers BTW! Thank you so much for your friendship and I'm glad I found your blog too! I will continue to stalk you Lol! Have a great Day!

Diane said...

Totally gorgeous card and the flowers are beautiful (I bet you had fun making those)...such a beautiful and dreamy card...whomever receives this in the future will treasure it always, I know I would!!

Carol L said...

I'm blown away by all the DT's creations for this challenge! Your card is just dreamy in those soft colors and I LOVE the flowers with the curved panel! This is just over-the-top for me and I love every little detail!

Darlene said...

SO SO pretty in soft pink! I just love your creation and the flowers are fabulous! What a PERFECT wedding creation ... thanks so much for beautiful inspiration!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Leslie, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE your roses! I don't normally (if ever) use dimensional flowers, but I may have to try some of these! They really add so much with the beautiful ribbon you've added. I love the design and the embossing! Stunning card inside and out! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Yogi said...

so pretty and delicate. Love it. Have a great day

Kathy Krug said...

Leslie this is gorgeous. I love the effect of wsiping the embossed design wit the white ink. It gives it just enough contrast. The lace backgroud on the top panel gives a beautiful textured look without adding another layer. The flowers are the perfect finishing touch.

Ida said...

Wow that is a stunning card.

Vicki said...

Leslie, this card is simply breathtaking! So elegant with beautiful embossing, stenciling and handmade flowers. A true favorite!

pam said...

Absolutely gorgeous wedding themed card Leslie, love this delicate pink shaded with white ink on your embossing, really makes the the pattern pop! with beautiful flowers..
Hugs Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Oohing and ahhing and sighing in deep contentment at your beautifully constructed keepsake, Leslie. The soft pink monochromatic theme is especially endearing and elegant, especially with the dry embossed panels and silver sentiment. Your lovely crinkled flowers are done in a manner I want to mimic - sophisticated and beautiful! Sighing some more... more contentment. More oohing and ahhing. Love it! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and classy card...love your take on the challenge and gorgeous DT card.xx [aNNie]

Susan aka rainy said...

Gasp! I literally gasped at this beauty!! Such quiet elegance. Oh my this is wonderful.. both inside and out.

Donna Phelan said...

This is GORGEOUS, Leslie! So soft and beautiful and lovely! That texture and design is fabulous. I thought your roses were made from Seam Binding Ribbon. They. Are. Gorgeous. If we ever renew our vows.....I'll let you know, wink, wink :)

Maureen Chandler said...

WOW! This card is so beautiful - thank you so much for sharing it!!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful card! Your roses really turned out so gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try this on my next wedding card. Very stunning!!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Loving on this one a bunch.

Margaret said...

Simply stunning! Love the paper roses. I want to do that. It's so simple, but so elegant.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh Leslie, no surprise here that you made a "blow me away" card. WOW. So elegant. I love the textures. Gorgeous inside. Just WOW!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous design Leslie! love the white swiped over the folder! Beautiful!

Sherri said...

Awesome card! Can't believe I missed it earlier! LOVE your flowers! And that embossing along with the curved edge just completes it perfectly! Wow!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever just gorgeous!! Love your flowers, the ribbon and the white die is great with them, lovely design with the curve and that embossing folder is beautiful too. I just love your finished inside to finish the card off beautifully!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my goodness, Leslie.....I'm astonished at this card, just so gorgeous, a miniature work of art any bride and groom will treasure forever. I love your handmade flowers with their amazing texture, the lovely ribbon and die cuts compliment this bouquet beautifully.
The inside sentiment is perfect for the newlyweds, very sweet and inspiring words.
Thank you for sharing, will pin it to my wedding cards board.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

That is a beautiful card inside and out Leslie! Love the colors, flowers and overall design, so very pretty.

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness, Leslie - this is totally stunning!!! I just love the roses ... and everything else. I hope you get invited to a wedding sometime soon so that you can use it! :)

Judy Woodland said...

This is so lovely, I really like the embossed background, so delicate and beautiful. And of course your flowers are stunning. gorgeous design too....I love it all!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful wedding card! The pink and white is very feminine.

Robyn Oliver said...

This beautiful pink card made me sigh, it's so lovely and pretty - and I'm inspired thank you Leslie

Robyn Oliver said...

ps - and with so much available now for our card making, we forget some techniques like making your own flowers.. simple gorgeous R