Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Blue and White for Baby Boy

It seems ages since I made this card.  A month, maybe?  I was celebrating the arrival of a baby boy in May, so I looked ahead to Double D Team Diane's Blue & White Challenge which starts today.  So, you see, it's a color challenge.  Your choice of theme, stamps, dies, design, shade or tone... just make it blue and white.




Necessity and supplies at hand brought me to the baby card I created, but just look at the beautiful inspiration board below, sigh...




As of this writing I'm making a plan for another card based on an image in that board.  Hope it pans out.  The team has the very difficult task of voting on favorites, but you know there's always a prize for a random winner, as well.  Check it out:




My card has a lot going on with all the die cuts and pearls, stamps, stitching, embossing, glitter...  It was hand delivered so I could make it lumpy.  I wanted to use real ribbon but, believe it or not, I didn't have anything that looked quite right.  All that ribbon... drawers and drawers of it... and nothing worked.  I will not use that as an excuse to buy more ribbon!




The hearts were punched and the onsie and socks are stamped and cut out.  To make things easier I'll list the dies here:

  • Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily
  • Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers
  • Spellbinders Standard Circles Small
  • Tattered Lace Washing Line Just for You
  • Die-namites Beautiful Bow

Other ingredients are listed in the recipe below my signature.

Be sure to stop by the Double D blog to see all the blue and white samples.  The teams did a beautiful job interpreting the inspiration board.  You'll want to see the winners of our previous challenge, too, which are listed in a separate post.  Also, a heads up:  You can get a peek at our next two challenges in the sidebar at Double D, just in case you like to think ahead.

That's all folks!  Have a happy day!


Stamps:  Darcie's Play Time  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white, SU Soft Sky, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid designer paper  Ink:  Copic BG53 to color "Just for you", SU Taken with Teal  Accessories:  Pearls, SU heart punch, Stickles Stardust glitter glue, We R Memory Keepers Quilted embossing folder, dies as listed above

28 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

How sweet! We are all about babies in my house right now! :) Pretty doily and perfect onesie! Love how you have added the tiny pearls to it. So CUTE!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This couldn't be cuter! Right down to those tiny pearl poppers... It's wonderful!

Darlene said...

OMG this is just precious! Every little detail is just placed perfectly! ADORABLE!!!!!

Glenda said...

this is adorable and I always love it when you stitch! It just finishes off your card beautifully!

Vicki said...

This is stunning, Leslie! Wow, so many beautiful details on your card...the doily, the double bow, banner and I love the touch of pearls at the bottom. The stitching is fab too!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh, Leslie - this is SO awesome!! As usual, your every detail on this card is the perfect one! I love the ribbon (VERY hard to believe you did not have the perfect ribbon!) and the onsie and the booties. I do not know how you can do your stitching so amazingly. That was one lucky recipient of this card. Oh yeah, I can't forget to mention the wonderful doily, the embossed background and the pearls:)

laurie said...

I'm into making baby cards lately for friends,I need to pin this one! I LOVE it. The dies are so cute and I love your design!

Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful and adorable and I love, love this color of blue and all your pretty, pretty details..a very sweet, sweet card!

Yogi said...

cute. have a great day

Evelyn S. said...

Absolutely precious! I can't believe the intricate details you included on this beautiful card!

Sherri said...

This is just stunning! Any mom getting this will frame it & hang it in the baby's room! I certainly would! Love the combination of dies you chose and that gorgeous soft plaid along with the beautiful print of the onesy is perfect! Your stitching is always the final finishing touch and takes it up yet another notch. LOVE IT!

Kathy Krug said...

Sweet card. Love all the details you have added from the onesie, banner, doiley, papers and stitching.

pam said...

Gorgeous baby card Leslie, bet they where over the moon to receive this stunning card, love the wonderful colours and die cuts you have used.
Hugs Pam x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful baby card!! I'm sure they loved it!! There is a lot of detail which is stunning, but my eyes kept going back to the Just For you die. The boots and heart finish it off just great!!

Mildred said...

This beautiful card made me smile. Lots of memories! Love it.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Leslie! Such a gorgeous way of using blue! I can visualize the joy your heart felt creating this darling card, for a dear, joyous event! That little onesie is the cutest ever! Those tiny socks hanging from the delicate banner, and the pretty doily make a wonderful keepsake that will be treasured in a sweet baby album. Hugs, de

Samra said...

OK, this is one of the most beautiful baby cards I have ever seen!!! WOW! I am simply blown away.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Pauline said...

So adorable! I can see you put a lot of 'love' into make this card, as it shows in all the details - adorable images, die cuts, glitter, pearls,stitching and your paper choice! Love, love! I love making baby cards, although I don't do them too often. A beautiful keepsake Leslie!

aussie aNNie said...

Darling card Leslie, gorgeous design. I did pop in yesterday, [my day] but your card was still 'sleeping' so I am glad it is here now. The dies are just gorgeous and I just love that sock one.xx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love it all. Your creative mind certainly nailed the challenge with this beautiful and fun card. Awesome!

Carol L said...

This is just precious! I love all the stitching that gives this a true homespun feel, and the tiny pearl accents are just sweet! What a wonderful baby card with so many great elements to enjoy :)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh my this is so sweet Leslie! All the details are so pretty - the perfect baby card.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh my this is so sweet Leslie! All the details are so pretty - the perfect baby card.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness, way too adorable, I love the cute sentiment banner, the neat embossed background and love all your sweet pearl embellishing. That is the cutest onesie stamp, neat pattern and the bow die is adorable, all works together so perfectly and so sweet!

Linda Carson said...

Sweetest baby card ever! There are so many beautiful details to enjoy from patterns and textures and stitching! Truly beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Leslie, this is DARLING! I love this sweet baby card and the darling dies you've used! What a beautiful shade of blue, and I love it all!! Oh my, we have friends who recently found out they are expecting, so now I have to think about doing a baby card. I know YOU are the place to find great inspiration! Just need to find out what he/she will be! Hugs! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Simply adorable! Oh what a darling baby card, the pearls are perfect accents. The lace doily backdrop is clever and I like the just for you banner. Adorable!

.. said...


My partner and I have been trying for a baby for over SEVEN years, We were going to a fertility clinic for years before somebody told me to contact this spell caster who is so powerful called Agbazara Temple for him to help me get prenant,And I'm glad we contacted DR.AGBAZARA, Because his pregnancy spell cast put us at ease, and I honestly believe him, and his powers really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or ( WHATSAPP; +2348104102662 ) if you are trying to get a baby, he has powers to do it.