Monday, July 31, 2017

Climbing Clematis

Hello!  Believe it or not, I'm going to try for a quick post today.  I'm sharing a card that didn't take long to make so it shouldn't take long to tell you about it.  I'm having some busy days and I've got lots more coloring I'd like to do if and when I can make time to do it.  There I go yakking again...

I colored up a pretty Power Poppy digi called Climbing Clematis.  I've had it printed and waiting and it was so nice to make a card "just because".



It was printed on X-Press It Blending Card and colored with the following Copic markers:




I colored the die cut "hello" with the darkest pink marker and coated with Glossy Accents.  Dotted with Nuvo Oyster Grey glossy crystal drops.  The white card front was covered with a subtle designer paper.




Gosh, I feel like I'm neglecting something by keeping this so brief but, really, that's all folks.  Supplies are listed below.  I'm off and running again so I'll say "so long" till next time and hope you have a very happy day!


Stamps:  Power Poppy Climbing Clematis digital stamp  Paper:  X-Press It Blending Card, other white for die cut and card base, Prima Sweet Fairy designer paper  Ink:  Printer, Copics as pictured above  Accessories:  Nuvo Oyster Grey glossy crystal drops, Inkssentials Glossy Accents, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, Paper Smoooches Hello Words

16 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

wooooo! Leslie, your Clematis look like they are growing right out of the card - the highlighted petals already look 3D, but the flower centers really look like they are outside the paper! Wow! Your fabulous coloring has really imbued life into this grouping! Such a sweet little "hello", and the swirling within those leaves bring out the curliness of the sentiment so well. Those butterflies look SO REAL. You've captured the colors perfectly! We've had an abundance of butterflies this year. They "swarm" me as I walk out the front door to water. The interesting thing is that the heat has beat down all the plants, and the caladiums have collapsed a month early. But they thrive on the volunteer pentas and coleus blooms. Who would have thought? Last week I severely trimmed everything, hoping for new growth. It looks rather ratty out there right now.

Thanks for sharing your lovely artwork - your coloring skills always are amazing. xxx

Pauline said...

Leslie, this is gorgeous! I ditto to what Donna said above especially the center of the flowers. They look so 3D. I'm always 'wowed' by your colouring, how you capture depth in your shading. Your butterflies are coloured so perfectly. I always struggle with trying to colour flowers, but you surely know how to colour them. I think I need to pull out some flower images and give another try. I'm so glad you stop in for a quick post, you made my day!

Lynette said...

So, so beautiful, Leslie! Your coloring is always perfection. I was showing off your blog (and the cards I've received from you!) to someone at our house yesterday. She was blown away:)

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This doesn't look like a quick card to me - beautiful coloring!! I love the flowers. They look so real! I wish mine looked that good - way too hot here!

Yogi said...

really pretty. Have a great day

Pam Sparks said...

Lovely coloring Leslie and I love those drops! I'm gonna have to check out that color!

Darlene said...

I too will keep it short and sweet as you know I do have the 'gift of gab' ... see there I go! LOL GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

pam said...

Wow this is a stunning make Leslie, gorgeous image and your amazing colouring! with wonderful colours. I will also have to ditto Donna..Perfect.
Hugs Pam x

Glenda said...

I'm not quite sure how I managed to miss this stunning card but I did! Leslie your coloring skills are truly amazing. I just do not play well with copics! And just look at that amazing butterfly. I guess I love each and every little bit of this!

Diane said...

Now don't laugh, but when I first saw your title pop up on my 'favorites' my thought was, Wow, my Clematis quit blooming weeks ago...lol...then when I saw your card I realized how silly I had been...but these Clematis are gorgeous...so bright and cheerful and full of summery goodness!!

Conniecrafter said...

It is so hard to believe that this Beauty didn't take long to do, oh my goodness the flowers are just beautiful but I will have to say the butterflies are the star of the show for me, they are just awesome, your coloring of them is fantastic!!! I love the shine you added to the hello and that is a very Unique font design on that die too, love your addition of the nuvo drops I never am happy with my placement, maybe I just need to add more :)

Hannelie said...

Again amazed by your wonderful coloring!
Stunning!

Joan B said...

beautiful!! I could look at your coloring skills all day!!

Jeanne H said...

Wow, what wonderful coloring!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful... I do like the simplicity as you concentrate on the gorgeous coloring of the petals. Beautifully done, and I am digging those tiny dots... Might have to get some of those babies. Enabler once again... I need to rename your blog to Enabler with scissors. hee hee

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Leslie, this is GORGEOUS! I love your coloring, and I really love the shading with the tiny dots...such depth and yet so soft! Stunning coloring and an exquisite card! I'm trying to catch up myself...so later!! Hugs!