Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Double D Challenge: Fall Plaids


Hi, there!   Double D Diane is asking to see our fall plaids, and just look at all the beautiful warm colors and patterns in the inspiration board:





Most of my plaid papers appears to be for Christmas or spring and summer, but I found a piece in a Christmas pad and used just a smidgen to set off my brand new-old Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Bucket stamp with coordinating dies.  When I heard Heartfelt was closing up shop I made a point of picking up a few sets with dies.  The sentiment I used is from another older Heartfelt set.



I stamped everything from the two sunflower sets I bought onto watercolor paper in Ranger Archival Pale Ochre so I could do no-line coloring with Tombows and blender.  It worked out okay, but it does take longer, and I have a lot more no-line sunflower coloring yet to do.

The sentiment and some of the color in the sunflowers picks up the skinny line of burgundy in the plaid.  Get ready for this... the ink pad is 20 year old SU Baroque Burgundy.  I don't even have a reinker for that one.  It's still the original ink in the pad.




The Double D's have a pretty plaid paper pad (say 3 times fast) for a random winner.  Creative winners are by team vote.  You all inspire us!




Pop over to Double D and feast your eyes on the team's fabulous fall plaid samples.  I can't believe I'm saying that word -- fall.  I love the season, but at the moment I don't feel ready to say goodbye to summer.

Sending sunny wishes to all!



Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Bucket with matching dies, Delicate Aster Vase sentiment  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, Cougar vanilla, pre-cut linen texture card base - unknown source, Memory Box Christmas Plaid designer paper  Ink:  Ranger Archival Pale Ochre, Stampin' Up Baroque Burgundy (very old)  Coloring:  Tombow markers and homemade blender solution  Other:  Honey Bee Autumn Afternoon gem stickers, corner rounder, dimensional foam tape, Spellbinders Classic Ovals and A2 Curved Borders One

25 comments:

Loll said...

As always, your cards inspire me. I'm in awe of how you layer the perfect elements to create amazing, beautiful cards, my friend. And I love plaid, so hope to play along at Double D. xx

Glenda said...

I see you with your Heartfelt Creations Sunflowers! I love that image and your coloring is perfection! Just an all around gorgeous card my friend!

Birgit said...

Who would know that this was a plaid for Christmas? It worked perfectly for your work of art! You totally rocked the no line water coloring of this gorgeous image, Leslie. What a stunning card!

Donna Phelan said...

That Plaid is perfect for your pretty creation! Love your no-line coloring....I honestly don't know if I have ever tried it, love the look, just don't trust myself lol The pretty sunflowers and rustic looking container scream FALL! Love this beauty!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Summer either Leslie, and as it's been in the 90's this week, I'm not too worried! Your card is absolutely FABULOUS!! You matched that plaid up beautifully with your sunflowers, and although I've never heard of Heartfelt Creations, the image is awesome and you've colored it beautifully my friend!! Loving the touch of Baroque Burgundy too, which I also still have in my box of old ink pads and still use on occasion! Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

OH WOW! Your cards are always so beautiful my friend and this one is no exception! LOVE your design and that sunflower panel is amazing! GORGEOUS work ... thanks for inspiration!

Yogi said...

very pretty. love fall colors. Have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie!! I'm mad for plaid!! Can't wait to play!

You, my friend, have taken no-line coloring to the next level here today! It does take a lot longer - but just look at your reward - your Sunflowers and leaves are so perfect, I thought it was a printed piece!

20 years? That speaks volumes about the life cycle of SU ink pads! Especially since it has never been re-inked!

Such a gorgeous card!
=]

Margaret said...

This is so beautiful. I love my Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies. I don't know how I missed this one, but it's gorgeous.

Diane said...

I am always amazed at your Tombow coloring, it is always so beautiful!! A beautifully designed card that is surely going to inspire all, I LOVE everything about this card!!

Vicki said...

Spectacular as always, Leslie. The taupe/maroon plaid is gorgeous and perfect for those beautiful sunflowers. Wow, no line coloring too. You are amazing, lady. Love the curved border die.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a gorgeous card you made! I love your coloring with Heartfelt designs! Love the sentiment and especially the plaid bringing the card together so perfect!

Bonnie said...

Your sunflowers are so bright and pretty, Leslie! Beautifully colored and a perfect match for this pretty plaid! I love the way you cut the plaid piece and the pretty sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

AHH!! AUTUMN!!!! TO ME, ITS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SEASON OF THE YEAR, NOT ONLY THE TEMPERATURE IS FABULOUS, NOT TOO HOT, NOT TOO COLD (YET), JUST PERFECT TO RIDE YOUR BIKE OR GO FOR A RUN.
AND THE COLORS ARE GORGEOUS, WARM AND VIBRANT, JUST LIKE YOUR CARD.
YOUR "NO LINE COLORING" IS FABULOUS AND INSPIRING, I'M GOING TO GIVE THIS CHALLENGE A TRY, I HOPE I STILL REMEMBER HOW TO UPLOAD A CARD TO MY BLOG, IT HAS BEEN A LONG WHILE SINCE I POSTED ANYTHING ON IT.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
XO.
MARIA.

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA, Leslie your no-line water coloring is our of this world! What beautiful flowers you've created and you had the perfect plaid to go with them. This is a marvelous card!

Christine Alexander said...

Such gorgeous sunflowers and so beautifully coloured with Tombos ♥

Denise said...

My goodness Leslie...I can only dream of being able to color as well as you. So beautiful as always.

Ida said...

Wow! The coloring on those sunflowers is amazing. Love the curved element on your card and how awesome that that ink pad is still good after all these years.
Gorgeous card. You inspired me to enter a card for this challenge.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh is that gorgeous, the plaid is just the right touch and works perfectly for an Autumn card. I can't imagine how long that too to color but boy is it outstanding, just love your design of the card too!
Oh my a 20 year old ink pad. I know I have some that are that old but most of them have been drying up when I go to use them, guess I am making more room in my ink drawer :)

Joan B said...

Plaid plus flowers? gorgeous card!! it will be 107 here Friday 9/8!!. We have had over 100 degree days almost every day since the end of June. I'd cry for fall weather!! Goodbye summer 2023

Doni High said...

Beautiful card! Your no line coloring is simply gorgeous.

Cindy Beach said...

The plaid works perfectly with your gorgeous flowers! And oh my, the Baroque Burgundy, WOW! It looks fantastic. I am always amazed and inspired by your fabulous coloring! Hugs, Leslie!

laurie said...

Stunning fall card!! I have gotten back to my craft room to make a few also. Where did summer go?

Lynette said...

Your artistry never ceases to amaze me, Leslie! What a gorgeous card. I love your no-line coloring. I have tried it a couple time and can not make it work. I'm with you - I love fall, also, but can't believe that summer is almost over and I don't want it to be.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is just stunning!! Your coloring is impeccable, as always. I can't stop looking at it, just a wonderful design. I had not heard that Heartfelt Creations was closing. Too bad, I love their stuff. Lots of great inspiration here, thanks!!!!