Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Double D Challenge -- Birthday Balloons




Hi, friends!  It's that time of the month again -- Double D Challenge time.  Darlene is asking for balloons and I think that pretty much guarantees a gallery full of celebration!



I was happy to find this little guy, Benton, in my card parts drawer, all colored up and waiting for a card.  He's from an old Inky Antics set called Pampered Benton which I've loved well in the past.  He's a cutie!  My favorite balloons stamp is a 1998 oldie from Stampendous, and the Impression Obsession sentiment says just what Benton needed it to say.



I love pulling oldies from different drawers and putting them together on a card.  My old Stampin' Up standby, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, provided confetti for the party.  I cut a frame from printed cardstock and stood Benton on its edge.  Colored with Copics, glitter on the cupcake... just fun.



Choosing the top creative winners is a team effort, and not an easy one at that.  There is so much talent out there in Blogland!  The Double D's are giving this prize to a random winner:



Come on over to the Double D Challenge blog.  The team has some great samples to show you, and we can't wait to see yours!



Stamps:  Stampendous Party Balloons, Impression Obsession Cupcake Kind of Day, Inky Antics Pampered Benton, SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, scrap patterned cardstock  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Pixie Pink & YoYo Yellow  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Memory Box Wrapped Stitch Frames

23 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Cute balloons! I think I have exactly 2 stamps with balloons ... This is another of your beautifully colored creations, with wonderful details.

Birgit said...

This is adorable Leslie! Sometimes it's so gratifying pulling out older sets and giving them some love. The confetti in the background definitely makes this a party!

Diane said...

Super cute cute card with the pretty balloons and the cupcake holding bear!! I have those SU stamps too and never think to use them until I see them on your cards!! Fabulously fun balloon card!! Thinking of you, hope you are feeling better, my heart hurts for you!!

Donna Phelan said...

He is FUN and can come to my party anytime lol Love that pretty frame and your FAB balloons. That cupcake looks sooooo YUMMY!

Darlene said...

Oh how sweet ... awesome frame ... I never thought to use my die cut on patterned paper for a frame ... looks awesome and so festive! You are in my daily thoughts my friend! HUGS

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, Benton is as cute as he can be with his big ol' cupcake. I happen to know a guy who has always felt this way about cupcakes, cookies, or cakes!
Darling, my friend!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how fun to find him and goes so well with the theme, love the swirls on the strings of the balloons and that paper works great for a festive card, that itty bitty stamp has come in quite handy for some great backgrounds :)
Hope your friend is recovering well.

Marcia Hill said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...Benton is SO CUTE and has totally made me smile this morning Leslie!! I love the sentiment, the balloons, the background and frame too...what a happy, happy birthday card! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

Adorable, Leslie! Benton looks happy that he made it to this card front with his cupcake. Love the balloon stamp and sentiment. Always fun to pull out some older stash and know that you still have a use for it.

Cat Craig said...

Awww, Benton is lovely and what a fun festive card you've created. Love.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,love cute Benton with his large cupcake lol,pretty balloons and die-cut frame.Hope your friend is doing well
Carol x

Glenda said...

I love this! And what an adorable bear! Well done you!

Bonnie said...

I love this balloon stamp with the curly strings and Benton is adorable and looks ready to celebrate with his delicious looking cupcake! This is so festive and fun, Leslie!

Christine Alexander said...

What a cute little bear and the cup cake looks yummy :)

Lisa Elton said...

Awwww, how cute is Benton! He looks pretty happy about his cupcake too. This is adorable, Leslie!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...such an Adorable beautifully colored Benton surrounded by a sweet frame and fun balloons, Leslie. I Love how you find treasured pieces that you turn into the sweetest cards. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Margaret said...

Of course, so adorable. Love Benton and you've done a fabulous job with coloring the balloons just right. I like how you did the frame around him to make him really stand out.

Judy Woodland said...

Such a super cute card, this is simply FABULOUS!!! I love that sweet little bear, and the frame is the perfect final touch.

HilaryJane said...

Cute bear with his giant cupcake. love the balloons and pink and white frame too xx

Barbara said...

Cupcakes and balloons, you can't get any better birthday card than that. I love the look on the bear's face.

Cindy Beach said...

I sure wish that I still had my Itty Bitty backgrounds stamps! I say that every time you use and mention them, Leslie! I'm also tickled that you have a card parts drawer. What an adorable card you've made with Benton!

Lynette said...

Benton is adorable, and I really like the balloons that you chose. Wonderful card!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card love the fabulous colours here and that design is awesome ♥