Wednesday, August 16, 2017

All White Double D Challenge

It's Double D Challenge time again and for this go around we're asking to see All White.  I love all white cards, but I'll admit this was a true challenge for me as I was determined to not let a speck of color touch my card.




I figured if I was going to do a white on white sentiment I'd better make it a layered die cut so it would show up.  I also wanted some texture, but not so much that it would interfere with the sentiment.  Hence, the plain panel in the center.  That panel is actually scored every half inch, but for the life of me I could not arrange the lighting to make those score lines show properly.  The lower edge of the card is scored horizontally.

Have a look at the gorgeous inspiration board:




And a cute prize for a lucky random winner:




I added sequins and ribbon for yet more texture.  I'm thinking I'll change the ribbon, however.  That bow knot makes such a hard lump and takes away the ease of mailing.  I know... the ribbon police will be after me, but don't worry, only the bow will go.  I'll figure something out.




My card may be a bit much for sympathy.  Not sure about that.  I think it depends upon the person you send it to.  I suppose it could be used for get well or hard times or just because.  At any rate it will find a home eventually.

If you haven't done so yet, you just have to see the DT gals' cards.  They really know their way around white on white!  I think there's going to be some very pretty entries for this one and I can't wait to see yours.

Supplies are listed below.  Enjoy your day!


Stamps:  None  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white  Ink:  None  Accessories:  Offray ribbon, Doodlebug sequins, Sizzix embossing folder (sold by Stampin' Up at one time, name forgotten), Sue Wilson Thinking of You die

24 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning, your white on white showed up so nice, crisp and a big touch of class.
Thank you so much for my card which arrived today, it will not be opened until the 31st. Love n hugs.xx
[aNNie]

Ros Crawford said...

All white is my nightmare challenge! However, you totally rocked it and created dimension and beauty!

Diane said...

Stunning and beautifully created crisp all white card!! Lots of lovely layers and I do love the bow..just 'sayin' lol...another masterpiece for sure!!

Glenda said...

Oh yes you did! White on white and I'm loving it! I've always been a huge fan of white on white and this is gorgeous!

Darlene said...

STUNNING! I bet it's even more gorgeous IRL with those score lines! What a great design idea! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! We are so thrilled you are a member of our team! Your creations are always an inspiration!

laurie said...

How pretty! I love how you layered the sentiment..and all the texture...beautiful!!!

Kathy Krug said...

I can see the score lines on this beautiful white on white card, Love that sentiment and the pretty white sequins. Very elegant card.

Anonymous said...

Your card is really beautiful...amazing how pretty it is just using white. Very clever.

Jan D., FL

Sherri said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Although it is not your usual style, you really rocked it!! I could easily see this as a beautiful sympathy card! The embossing just makes everything pop! Awesome!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I think your card is so soft and flattering! It would be hard for me not to add some color, but you did a good job on your challenge.

Pauline said...

Love this, it's absolutely gorgeous! I love white cards in general, there is just something about them, so elegant looking. Love all the different texture of layers, from the embossed background and the scored center piece, very subtle but you can notice it. And those little sequins - so pretty. Beautiful Leslie!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love your background texture and how you added your score lines too--clever! I think your layered sentiment is perfect for a sympathy card. As far as your ribbon/bow go, flip it inside out for mailing--sometimes I trick the PO--shhhhh This is stunning, Leslie!

Judy Woodland said...

Love how you have done all the scoring as part of the design. GENIUS!!!! And using the die cut as the focal is just wonderful. I also love how you have placed that plain scored panel against the embossed background. Just beautiful, so very elegant!!!

Margaret said...

Stunning! This is just so gorgeous. Love the die that you used and the panel behind it just really sets it off.

Conniecrafter said...

white on white is so hard and you have done a fantastic job on this, love the side embossing and the scored lines in the middle give it that extra special touch, giving the sentiment dimension is perfect! I think it would be perfect for any of those occasions!

Vicki said...

Stunning card, Leslie! So elegant with such clean lines. I love it and totally understand about the bow. Our mail person gives me a rough time every time I mail a card with a bump!

Lynette said...

So gorgeous, Leslie!! I love white on white - great challenge, and you did it wonderfully!

Evelyn S. said...

I love all white, but I don't think I've ever attempted it with a card! You've certainly inspired me, Leslie. (Years ago, I sent an all-white flower arrangement when my good friend's father died. She said it was so beautiful.) This is an amazing card, with or without the bow. (I often pay extra to have a card hand-cancelled...in fact, my local PO will do it right in front of me. I love our little post office and the women who work there.)

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You definitely succeeded in not having a speck of non-white show up, Leslie! The bordered on either side are so crisply done, and very elegant. I hear your pain about the photography re white on white - and I'm grateful you persevered to show us the horizontal embossed lines. I especially like that your lovely ribbon is on the diagonal - GREAT design feature, and lovely with the dancing sequins. Beautiful - completely beautiful! It's a great inspiration board, too! xx

Lisa Lara said...

WOWEE Leslie, what a gorgeous card with all the texture and multiple layers of white. Just stunning. I love it.

Jeanne H said...

A truly beautiful card! I too love all the texture.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Very elegant and absolutely gorgeous Leslie! Truly an inspirational "all white" card with beautiful layers and texture.

CherylQuilts said...

I rarely see a white-on-white card that I love, but this is GORGEOUS! I love all the textures and layers, and what a beautiful placement for the ribbon! It's a stunning card! Hugs! xoxo

Carol L said...

You've layered this beautiful card to perfection! I can see those subtle score lines, and they break up the plain panel just enough to add subtle texture to go along with that beautiful thinking of you die! The clear sequins add such a lovely touch to this white beauty, but the slight angle of the ribbon just caught my eye immediately! Simply stunning :)