Presenting another Double D Challenge -- Feathers!
Would you believe I have only one feather stamp in my vast collection? And no feather dies. However, I do have lots of birds so I chose this trio of Hero Arts birds to sing their songs with my one feather stamped repeatedly on the background panel.
I also stamped some music notes from a retired Power Poppy set and then embossed the background with SU's Subtle folder. I love how that panel turned out. The birds are watercolored, and I need to tell you the yellow sky area is NOT accurately depicted in the photo. In reality it's a much softer color. My camera does not do well with yellow and that's very sad for me as it's my favorite color.
The die cut music notes and sentiment are from a Simon Says Stamp set.
The Double D team has no shortage of feathers and they have some delightful cards to share with you. I hope you have some feathers you can play along with. Thank you, and have a happy day!
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Songbirds, Simon Says Stamp Tweet Friend with dies (music notes and sentiment), Stampendous Feather Points Paper: Arches 140 lb cold press watercolor, Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, Stampin' Up Brocade Blue Ink: Stampin' Up Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Sahara sand, Ranger Archival Jet Black, Versamark, other SU inks for watercolor Coloring: Watercolor with SU inks Other: Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One, SU Subtle 3D embossing folder, SU Winter White embossing powder (old)


.gif)
10 comments:
You have made the most beautiful background paper--it's delightful! The trio of birds are so sweet and that die cut panel with faux stitching looks lovely! I love those sweet little musical notes too! This is darlin'
Cute card Leslie. I love that play board. Have a great day
Yes, Leslie it’s hard to believe you only had one stamp and no dies. You better get cracking and buy some more. I love what you’ve done with what you had. This is an amazing card with feathers in the background in those lovely birds on the branch. I can hear them singing from here.
WOW what a great idea! Your feather/music background ties in so well with these pretty song birds! Awesome take on our theme! I can always depend on you for out of the box inspiration!!
Those fancy feathers floating in the background just add to the charm of those pretty little birds! I like the wavy pierced border you added too. Another lovely card, Leslie!
If a girl could only have one feather stamp, this would be the one she'd pluck! Wonderful random stamping, Leslie! Your darling trio of birds are singing all the more sweetly for them!
=]
Very pretty. You did a great job with that feather stamp you do have. I don't think I have any in my collections. Must go check that out.
Beautiful card and background design, you certainly made use of your one feather stamp, love the cute little singing birds.
Carol x
I love your trio of sweet birdies Leslie, but it's your background using one feather stamp that has me drooling...it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love the little music nots added too! Sweet, SWEET card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
I love this Leslie! Awesome background stamping and incorporating the music notes just makes me happy! Darling birds!
Post a Comment