Friday, July 31, 2026

Magical Fuchsia

Greetings, friends!  How about wrapping up the week with some fuchsias?  Spellbinders Layered Magical Fuchsia embossing folder and stencil to be exact.  After my first attempt at stenciling was a big flop, I decided to simply emboss and then color with Copics.  It's brighter than I had intended, but still pretty.


Hammermill 100 lb white, Spellbinders Essential Arches,
Brutus Monroe Spring Splatter Designer paper

I added a retired Power Poppy sentiment and a few clear gems, and brushed the arched panel with SU Soft Sky and Certainly Celery. 



*********

Pictured below is the only halfway usable picture I managed of Stenciling Attempt #2.  I followed my friend Pam's lead for the second card.  I embossed first, then stenciled, but still didn't like it so I brushed over the image with brown ink -- SU Creamy Caramel.  Not the same ink Pam used, and I went a lot darker because I was rather liking it.  Later I had to remove some of the ink from around the fuchsias by splattering water, then brushing with water and pressing with a paper towel.

I inset the gold sentiment and splattered the image panel with gold paint.  We'll call it vintage.  The cover panel is SU Blackberry Bliss.  I love that color, but have barely touched it.  I'm thinking I should use it more often.


Spellbinders Essential Stylish Ovals, sentiment from SB Stylish Oval Hello You Floral,
SB Infinity Punch & Pierce Plate


That's it for me and my Magical Fucshia today.  I'm working on more fuchsias for later.  Some other cards may come along first, though.  There are so many fun things in my use-next basket!

Have a magical day!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

Both cards are magical and beautiful, Leslie! I'm definitely digging the second card that has a vintage look to it. It turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for the sweet birthday wishes that arrived in my mailbox the other day. You made my day!

Yogi said...

Both are really lovely cards. Love that gold lettering on the 2nd one. Have a great day

BożenA said...

WOW! What a beautiful card. I love how you colored the embossed image. Fantastic work!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the fabulous Fushias, but must admit the second one is my favourite, love the beautifully coloured finished effect and gorgeous colour of the cardstock.
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, any fuchsias I've ever seen were just as bright as your beauties! Your second [first attempt] turned out really spectacular - I love that berry bliss - Marcia gave me her last sheet of it once upon a time!
=]

Margaret said...

So gorgeous! They are both fantastic. I must say I like the embossed one the best, but you are so creative with your cards.

Ida said...

Those are gorgeous. You did Fuchsias proud!

HilaryJane said...

I think both these are wonderful. I like the bright colours on the first one and the interesting textures on the second. Love the inset sentiment and the splatters too. The effect from removing the ink looks great. I have that cover plate. Thanks for reminding me, must get it out again. I am glad you are getting time in your craft room and are able to work through those baskets xx

Cat Craig said...

They look fabulous and I am seriously crushing on the second card.

Marcia Hill said...

I have a hard time believing anything you make could be a flop Leslie as both of these cards are simply magical!! I love the colors in both cards, from the bright colors of the first card and the deep bold colors of the 2nd card. Beautifully done on both cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)