Thursday, November 30, 2023

Snowman with a Sky Full of Happy

Hi, there, and welcome to this last day of November.  I'm back again with another Christmas card.  I keep trying to make up for lost time, but progress is slow.  Today's card was quicker than it looks.  The snowman was already made and waiting his turn.  The "happy" background was in my card parts drawer.  It's an old-timey woodblock stamp with a column of six "happies" which I stamped repeatedly.  I like a lot of happy so I think it made a cute sky for the snowman.



The bare tree is a branch die to which I added shimmery snowflakes and stars, all of which were already made up but rejected from another project.  Cloud dies for the snow.  The card is a mini-slimline at 3 1/2" x 6".




I have a few more cards made up but not yet photographed.  It's been way too much fun making Christmas cards when I have the time.  All the more precious when at a premium.

Take care my friends!  See you again soon!


Stamps:  Hero Arts Happy Happy Happy, Power Poppy Happy Holidays -- both retired  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, shimmer white  Ink:  SU Cool Caribbean & Real Red  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Tim Holtz Sizzix Papercut Christmas #2, Poppystamps Stitched Cloudline (snow), Memory Box Hayden Twigs (tree), Impression Obsession Small Snowflakes Set  Other:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue


21 comments:

Glenda said...

What a cute little snowman. I really love the snowflakes and red stars. It's always nice to have some elements left over from other projects and they can make up a card quickly. Happy upcoming weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card love the die-cut snowman under his happy sky.
Carol x

Birgit said...

This is very cute Leslie! I love the happy sky and the silver snowflake tree. Don't you love when you can use up leftover scraps? I have so many of them, I shouldn't be needing to buy anything new, yet somehow I always seem to manage to find something new I want. Anyway, your wintry card is delightful!

Marcia Hill said...

Love your "happy" sky and tree filled with snowflakes and stars Leslie, and of course that ADORABLE snowman! Cute, CUTE card my friend and so glad to hear you're enjoying some Christmas card making!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

go away snow... at least we haven't really gotten any yet... Cute card. Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

This is such a happy card, so fun.

Evelyn S. said...

It's a unique card! The cutest snowman and use of "twinkles." How fun!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a cute little snowman and he looks adorable in your card hanging out in the snow. Your happy stamp is just perfect for this card. Nice to have leftover goodies that fit perfectly together!

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, he is as cute as can be - don't you love it when all the pieces and parts come together as if they were meant to be together? Definitely the case with your darling card!
=]

Bonnie said...

This happy background and fun snowman brought a big smile to my face! I love it when all those random parts come together so beautifully!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the scene you've created for this jolly little fella! His pose looks like he's saying Happy Holidays. So cute!

Margaret said...

This is so cute. I just love that snowman and his wonky face. Beautiful tree and background. We all could use a little "Happy."

Pauline said...

Leslie, I adore your card today. The snowman is so adorable, makes me smile. Love the 'happy' stamped background and all your details! thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

HilaryJane said...

It is so nice when something comes together quickly. This really is a very happy card. Wishing you lots of happy xx

Cindy Beach said...

I love the very happy sky and the cheesy-smiling snowman, Leslie! Good job of combining bits and bobs into one marvelous and very fun card! Taking it slow is a good way to go.

Conniecrafter said...

So fun! that snowman just makes you smile, I love the way the happy sentiment makes for a great sky and your clouds for mounds of snow! The branches makes a great bare tree and love the idea of the snowflakes and stars on it, so creative and cool!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with this gorgeous design, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Ida said...

What a fun card. First that snowman cracks me up. - Love the "Happy Sky" and your pretty tree. Also what a clever idea to uses the clouds as snowbanks! - This would make anyone smile.

Diane said...

I LOVE this silly snowman and the fun scene you have created, his smile is so crazy fun LOL!! I know he brought a BIG smile to my face!! Sorry so late getting here but have been trying to get my house decorated and just not 'feeling' it, I need something to get me going!!

Loll said...

Your snowman card is definitely happy ... love that background with is perfect. The added sparkle and shine makes it even more fun. Great way to use up things in your UFO box. xx

Lynette said...

So cute! How fun to use up some more card parts!