Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Double D Challenge: Woodland Creatures

Hello, friends!  We have a fun challenge starting today at Double D -- Woodland Creatures.  It's a challenge after my own heart as I love all creatures, great and small.  Well, maybe not spiders.  Or cockroaches... or snakes... but you get my drift.  There are so many ways I could have gone with this, but I decided to pull an older digital stamp from my Squigglefly archives (no longer in business).  Paired it with a Whipper Snapper sentiment 'cause I've always wanted to put these two together, and here's my card:




Below is our inspiration board which I found totally irresistible:




The team has the difficult job of voting on favorites, plus a random winner will receive this cute die set:




I had the fun of coloring and playing with some favorite designer paper and coming up with a layout... putting it all together in a one-postage-stamp card.  All my favorite things!

Honestly, I tried coloring the raccoon in dark grey, but it looked blah, so I went with black.  He's a poppin' raccoon and he's come out of the woodland to fish for snails in a vase of flowers someone left out on the patio overnight.  Not an unusual sight at all.




I hope you'll have a chance to join in the fun.  I know there will be some cute cards for this challenge.  Speaking of cute cards, you'll love what Team Darlene and Team Diane have created.  We all wanted to play this time around!

Supplies and more details are listed below.  Have a great day!



Stamps:  Squigglefly raccoon digi, Whipper Snapper sentiment  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Neenah Naturals for card base (not visible in photo), Bo Bunny Camp-a-Lot designer paper  Ink:  Printer, Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Sandal for sponging image panel, Copics for coloring, Prismacolor Premier .005 black marker for fine raccoon hairs  Accessories:  Black Diamond Stickles and 1/4" circle punch for flower center  Dies:  Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters die

26 comments:

Darlene said...

This is ADORABLE!!! What a fun image and yes I remember Squigglefly ...I was on their DT LOL. Love the 'woodsy' background papers you've used to showcase your image ... GREAT JOB! Oh and I just noticed the stitching ... you are so creative!! Happy Day my friend!

Glenda said...

What an adorable little critter gracing the front of your card! You definitely have a treasure trove of images and make such wonderful creations with them. Hope your day is a good one. Not sure if I told you or not, but I was asked to continue on with the Heartfelt design team! Thanks for your support!

Lynette said...

I love your cute little racoon, Leslie, and the great combination of papers and stitching. Perfect sentiment, too.

Barbara said...

First of all, I am so in love with this digi. He is so marvelous! The way you used elements from the mood board for the background is bewitching. Great job with the sentiment too.

Yogi said...

cute. have a great day

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

OMG!! How cute is this! Love your little raccoon and loved the inspiration picture. This card came together so nice! The sentiment ties it all together so well!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card and that cute image. I used to own one similar that was on wood but not sure if I still have it or if I gave it away to friends or family. But it sure got a lot of lovin' when I owned it too! I think it was from another company though. You used it wonderfully on your card.

CherylQuilts said...

What an adorable image and perfect coloring. I love him black with the sweet flowers, and you've managed to keep such a great woodsy feel to your card. Love it, sweet friend! This could easily be a guy card. Hugs!

Kathy Krug said...

Leave it to you to find the perfect stamp for this challenge. Just too much fun great layout and papers too.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this rascals of the woods and I do believe your little one is actually looking for something to eat in that flower vase.
I think you hit it right with the black, this little guy really pops up the page.
Love your amazing pattern papers, just perfect for that Nature feel.
Awesome card Leslie, thank you for sharing.
XO
Maria.

pam said...

Adorable Raccoon Leslie, love the colour and wonderful background papers, love the sentiment to.
Hugs Pam x

crafty-stamper said...

Ohh I love snakes we have had two beautiful ones-well son has but I ended up feeding them and handling them Boa used to love lying on the top of my laptop or round my neck-she was beautiful!!!Still on to your card I love the racoon image and fabulous B.papers
Carol x

Pauline said...

Leslie, no matter what the challenge you always come through! Love your card, and the image is so adorable, so fitting for this challenge. I"m with you I don't like snakes, spiders, really anything of that nature, just gives me the shivers! LOL. Your papers are perfect for this 'nature challenge', and of course I love when you add stitching to your cards. A fabulous card Leslie, TFS.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant, love this gorgeous creature and your choice of colouring has certainly taken it to the next level of beauty. Fabulous stamp.
We have a lot of snakes, red back spiders, centipedes,cockies and all sorts here, oh and mice and rats, then the snakes come... fun...xx [aNNie]
 ❤️

Vicki said...

Fabulous card, Leslie...love the design and you papers are perfect for the woodland theme. Adorable raccoon digi and quote!

Darnell said...

These are my kind of challenges, too, Leslie, so I'm sure I'll be joining in! Your raccoon looking for snails in the pretty bouquet is adorable and will be sure to bring cheer to someone!! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

Awe he is just too cute, love the sentiment to go with the image and that tree paper is great idea, love the little flower you added along with it, sure to bring some sunshine to someone.

nancy littrell said...

Such a cute raccoon digi, Leslie. Now if it was one of our deer creatures it would be nibbling on the flowers not smelling them! Such fun layering of DSP and LOVE the sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Donna Phelan said...

Not spiders, snakes or cockroaches??? lol I hear a song in that! This is such a dear sweet card! I adore your handsome raccoon and his pretty little posies. Pairing with that sentiment was the perfect idea! Well done, my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful Leslie!! Beautifully coloured and such great colour coordination! Have a beautiful day!

Diane said...

FABULOUS!! Look at that coloring so detailed!!! I just love, love this and all the layers you have mastered yet once again!! Though it is still winter here we saw a raccoon the other day, the Blue Herons flew over today and yesterday a flock of blackbirds arrive, 100's of them, I was napping and they woke me up...so maybe that is a sign of Spring finally returning soon!!

Sherri said...

This is the cutest critter I've seen in ages! WOW! And you have colored him so well I can almost hear him breathing! He's adorable!! LOVE him!

Stacy Morgan said...

What a cute little guy. Awesome coloring Leslie. He looks happy as can be smelling those flowers. :-)

Cindy Beach said...

Talkin' about CUTE - this is a stinkin' cute card, Leslie! I love the way you colored him in black so he looks bold as he is pawing through those flowers.
The sentiment is a sweet match. Probably not sweet -smelling though, the recipient will smile upon receiving this adorable card.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow! What an adorable critter and such lovely coloring Leslie I love the flowers and sentiment - all go together perfectly!
PS Sorry for my late comment.

Judy Woodland said...

I absolutely LOVE all your elements here. The background papers are perfect, I really like the stitching, heck I love the whole design. Well done!