Friday, December 15, 2017

Snowflake Bird With and Without the Snowflakes

Hello again!  Have I mentioned I've started on next year's Christmas cards?  Just being practical.  By December this year I had only about half of them done, and hurrying takes some of the fun out of it for me, not to mention the mess it makes in my room, sheesh.

Today's cards were some of the last to go in the mail this year.  I used the beautiful Memory Box Snowflake Bird and Airin Bird Background.  I bought and used the Snowflake Bird last year and didn't even know there was a background bird for it until I saw it on Darlene's blog.  Well, lo and behold, she sent it to me this year.  Thank you, Darlene!  I truly do get by with a little help from my friends.




I used the birds and a variety of dies and glitter paper.  So, where are the snowflakes on the card up front?  Well, gosh, I decided to break the seal on my Tutti Pine Cone Branch and the snowflakes just didn't work out.  Funny thing, it turned out to be my favorite, and so simple.

Note the wood grain card base on the front card.  I've wanted that wood grain paper forever, but it seemed to be out of stock everywhere I went and after a while I forgot or gave up or something.  Well... recently I followed a link from someone's blog (forgot whose) to a good source:  CutCardStock.  Outstanding quality, matching envelopes, fast shipping.  I appreciated the recommendation so thought I'd pass it along.  They have so much more, too.  Lots to look at there!




I'm cutting corners on time, so I didn't get pictures of the cards with the actual Snowflake Bird on them, but here's one from last year in which you can see I pieced together a solid bird background:




Dang, I like that card, but too much work for when I'm hurrying.  See, that's why I'm better off stamping ahead.

I've kept you long enough and you've got lots to do, I'm sure.  I'll leave you with holiday hugs and wishes.  Take care!


18 comments:

Joan b said...

Beautiful and thanks for the tip on cardstock

Glenda said...

oH Leslie, I sure do like the snowflake die. I would really like to make a midnight raid on your craft room. I'd hit your dies first! That cute little bird also strikes my fancy. I know what you mean about trying to hurry the Christmas cards. It does take the fun out of it! Hope your day is a good one!

laurie said...

Your cards are always amazing! I LOVE all of them. And now I need those dies...lol!

Yogi said...

lovely as usual. Thought that white wood grain was from an embossing folder. Love the quilted look of last years card. Have a great day and happy holidays to you too.

nancy littrell said...

We got our beautiful snowflake bird a couple of days ago my friend. We loved your CAS design. Our card is the 3rd in line on your 1st photo. The scallop glittery frame really makes the beautiful bird pop:-) Thank you so much, Leslie. TFS the link to CutCardStock too. Love the woodgrain paper. I have looked for it in the past too. Hugs and Happy Holidays to you, Rich and the kids.

Donna Ellis said...

Leslie, how great getting a start on next year's cards! It's never as enjoyable to create when under the gun, so to speak. I love creating, though, when I'm not in a hurry - scarcely do I get in a hurry because I have two speeds: slow and slower LOL Darlene's gift to you is perfect, and I love how you've used it, Leslie. Beautiful white wood grain, too. Merry Christmas, Leslie! hugs, de

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love all your cards - and the fact that you are making cards for next year is amazing!! I have decided that I need to start earlier as well, but you are definitely earlier than I. I do wish you lived closer as I would borrow as many dies as I could carry out! They add so much to the card. Have a good weekend!

Kathy Krug said...

I am like you I got behind this year. I got all my cards addressed but was 8 cards short. Guesswhat I did yesterday. My craft room looks like my Big Shot exploded paper and there are die cuts everywhere. Today I clean up before something gets lost. I am pretty sure I have that big bird but not the snowflake outline. I never know what to do with it but I have some ideas now. Thanks. Good for you getting a head start on next years cards while you are still in the spirit. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

pam said...

Well you`er on a roll for next year Leslie, love these beautiful cards, wonderful design! think I need that bird.
Hugs Pam x

Conniecrafter said...

Good for you starting on next year, I still have a couple more Christmas cards to make and a few tags.
Love the bird with the branches :) The one from last year is gorgeous too, I like to do more on my cards too but had to go for fast since I am so far behind. That's great you were able to find your wood grain paper, good things come to those that wait, or in your case forget :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous cards Leslie, I love the beautiful bird silhouette, so simple and elegant.
I too was a bit short on Christmas cards this year, but thanks to my awesome MISTI, I was able to create a few more in no time.
And now, it's time to give my craft room a good clean up, I have a few dies and stamp sets here and there, paper bits on the floor, ink pads stacked up by my desk, not pretty. I need to put away these things before I loose them.
Thank you for sharing your lovely cards.
Big Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Margaret said...

All your cards are beautiful. I had to really look hard to see the wood grain on that front card. I was looking for brown, not white. Tricky. I cheated and used a kit of 20 cards to make a bunch of mine this year. With school and illness, there wasn't enough time to make that many individual ones. I hope to jump start and make some through the year in 2018. May you have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Hugs to Wally and Lulu also.

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards Leslie! I love the glittery pine cone die cut along with the wood grain paper, so pretty. Your last years card is one of my favourites for you last year! I was rushing around to get the last of my cards in the mail this week, and like you I think I will start to work on some for next year - you can never start too early. I plan on this every year and never seem to start, but this year I will! If you're not back for another post before the Holidays, I wish you, Rich, Wally & Lulu a blessed Christmas and all the best for 2018. Thanks for inspiring me with all your gorgeous creations this past year. Hugs,

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous cards once again and I didn't see that one last year so I'm so glad you shared it... It's stunning!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Leslie it's so peaceful and all the cards are just gorgeous. Thanks for my lovely card, I just love it and actually did smell it! Duh.....xxxx Have a great Christmas.[aNNie]🎄⛄

Lynette said...

So, so beautiful, Leslie! Love the pinecones! I just made three cards for next year, too:)

Darlene said...

Thanks for the shout out and so glad you enjoyed your 'happy mail'! Your cards are OMG Gorgeous!! No surprise there! Thanks for the link to the paper ... popping over and placing an order ... "LIKE I NEED MORE PAPER!" LOL Merry Christmas my friend!

Stacy Morgan said...

Great CAS designs and that wood grain paper is awesome. This company has lots of paper and envelopes that are reasonable, thanks for the link.