Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Double D "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Winter Challenge

Well, hello!  Today's Double D challenge makes me feel like putting an extra sweater on.  Brrrr!  "Baby it's Cold Outside" is the theme and here's the card I created based on a portion of the inspiration board:




My blue, white, and silver card uses the Power Poppy Bough Wow Wow set, all colored with Copics and glittered with Stickles and Wink of Stella.  The white card base is stamped in blue and soft gray and trimmed with silver sticker strips.

Our board has lots of choices to inspire you.




As always, the team votes on favorites, plus there's a prize for a random winner:




I guess you can see which part of the inspiration board I focused on.




The silver glittery oval was cut in white, then colored with a gray Copic marker, smooshed with Versamark ink and embossed with a Stardust embossing powder which I've had for years.  Many thanks to my friend, Sherri, for sending that die cut (and many more) for my crafting fun.  This kind of sharing has oftentimes prompted me to purchase certain dies for my own collection.  A test run, so to speak.  Thank you, Sherri!

Okay, friends... this is our last Double D challenge of 2017, so have yourself a good time making a wintry creation or two and playing along.  See all kinds of chilly creations and get more details here.  I'll see you again soon!


Stamps:  Power Poppy Bough Wow Wow clear set  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white, other white  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue, Ranger Archival Shadow Grey, Versamark, Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Stardust embossing powder, Stardust and Silver Stickles glitter glue, clear Wink of Stella brush glitter pen, peel off border stickers, Marianne Designs Oval LR0240, Spellbinders Elegant Ovals

25 comments:

Glenda said...

Ooh...mittens in winter just make me smile! These are adorable and the background die cuts are some of my favorites! So nice of you to take a moment out of your busy holiday schedule and spend a little time with us!

Barbara said...

You certainly captured the frosty look of the inspiration board with your card. No snow here in Florida, but I remember many snow storms from Wisconsin. They are beautiful and I love this card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Donna Phelan said...

What a beauty! Your card is beautiful, so frosty so chill! I love your warm fuzzy mittens and all of that fab sparkle! Merry Merry! And thank you so much for that lovely Christmas card, it is gorgeous! xo~

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love how you brought focus to the mittens and your colors are amazing! Merry Christmas my friend!!

Vicki said...

Simply stunning card, Leslie! The soft blue against the sparkly white looks fabulous! Thank you for the lovely Christmas card. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

pam said...

Looks fabulous Leslie, love the beautiful image and gorgeous colour tones you have used on your card.
Hugs Pam x

Yogi said...

beautiful. very appropriate at the moment. We just got a foot of snow during the night. Sigh!! Have a great day

Sherri said...

Beyond beautiful! LOVE the blues and your coloring is fabulous as always. And combined with those gorgeous dies this is a real stunner!

Kathy Krug said...

You really captured the mood board with this design. I love that stamp and all the fun details on the card.

Cindy Beach said...

Rainy and dreary here, but your cool silvery card is the perfect warm up! Really LOVE the combinations of blues and silver, ice skates and glitter, with just a touch of lace and ribbons! A few of my very favorite things and the result is a beautiful card.
Wishing you a beautiful Christmas, Leslie!

laurie said...

This is stunning! So warm and inviting,I just LOVe that image!

Joan B said...

Your talent is so amazing. The card makes me cold!!! In a good way. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a terrific 2018!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

The first thing I thought when I saw this card is how soft and beautiful the colors are, and the details are amazing. I love the blues and greys. Fortunately, I didn't have to wear mine for awhile, but I'm sure that will change soon. Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season.

Conniecrafter said...

Outstanding, lovely coloring of the image and so love the layering of the frames, such pretty soft stamping of the background, so love the border stickers with it, great touch!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful die cut frames and beautifully Copics colored mittens image. Such a gorgeous and festive Christmas card design my friend. Merry Christmas, Leslie. Hugs...

SewPaperPaint said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen! It is exquisite and perfectly balanced/colored. Love! Wishing you and yours a merry Christmas, Autumn

Lynette said...

So beautiful and elegant, Leslie! Simply gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning Leslie!! I adore every detail... Thanks so much for your kind wishes...Have a beautiful Christmas!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh I just love the way you colored this not to mention wonderful sketch. Just gorgeous.

Judy Woodland said...

It's Christmas Eve and I am sitting here enjoying all our lovely creations. I am so in love with those mittens, they are perfectly sweet and perfect for the challenge. Merry Christmas, my friend! Hugs~

NickScrapShack said...

So Beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a gorgeous card Leslie...so elegant and pretty, great die too.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas...blessings for the New Year!
xx Karen

Margaret said...

Your card is fabulous. The image is perfect for the challenge. Not so fond of the cold weather. Can you believe a hard freeze in H Town on New Year's Day! I'm in sunny CA right now, but on my way back to the cold weather tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So pretty! Love the fussy cutting and all the layers. I may have said this a many times before, but this is really one of my favorites.

CherylQuilts said...

This is so sweet and "cold" feeling that is wonderful for these mittens! Love your colors and your amazing fussy cutting. Beautifully done!! Hugs!