Thursday, February 23, 2017

Hey, Pup

Switching gears from Monday's soft and subtle sympathy card, today is all bright and cute and happy.  It's a birthday card for a friend at my former workplace.  She's not a flower kinda gal, but she does love dogs.  Her own is a black Lab mix.  Hence, the black dog.




I colored with Copics, cut out the dog and balloons, and popped up on foam mounting tape.  The dog is a Bugaboo digi -- Pup Balloons.  The "hey" word is a triple layer of SU's Tempting Turquoise, and the green is the very soft and pretty, retired, but still loved SU Gable Green.

I've been at the old stamps again, too, and I have to say it's been a pleasure.  It did me a world of good to clear out my stamp room.  Seriously, can one ever use an acre of stamps?  Is it enough to simply own them?  Two that I saved are in the background of this card -- a Hero Arts brush stroke stamped called Abstract Art, and an Ink Splatters stamp which I believe is D.O.T.S., but I cannot read the label clearly.  There are plenty of brush strokes and splats and splatters on the market today, but these and a couple others I saved will do me just fine for now.




I send birthday cards to all my former coworkers, and since I don't know all their addresses, I mail them to the workplace.  I like the thought of giving them happy mail in the middle of a very stressful day.  Whew, I'm glad I'm out of there, but I still have a great fondness for the folks I spent so many years alongside.  Have a good day!


Stamps:  Bugaboo digi Pup Balloons, Hero Arts Abstract Art, D.O.T.S.(?) Ink Splatters  Paper:  Neenah White, textured white, Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise  Ink:  Printer, Gable Green, Cool Caribbean, Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, Paper Smooches Hello Words, Memory Box Banner Parade, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Hey, this is so sweet! Love everything about this, the ink splatter, the 'cute' dog, bright coloured balloons, your die cuts - just an overall happy card. I know your friend will love this, and it will make her smile. I always look at the bugaboo images and don't always see how to colour or use them, but you always are so creative with their images. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for making me smile so early in the morning!

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!! Oh I love this, from the splats to that fabulous happy pup! (You ought enter at CCCB too) I'm gonna hop over and borrow your stamps! Your co workers must be thrilled with you!

Diane said...

Such a cute, cute and adorable pup and card....and I love those background stamps, I would of kept them too, in fact wish I had them..lol!! Lucky co-worker whom receives this, she will love it for sure, I know I do! I started cleaning/revamping my creative room, slow but sure, but what I have done sure looks good...but I just ordered about 6 or 7 new paper pads....I think I need to go to Paper AA...lol!

Donna Ellis said...

Your friend will love the dog representing her own fur-sweetie! so cheerful and happy - how can her birthday be anything BUT terrific! It's nice that each of them has a special "share" at the office from you, Leslie. They can show-and-tell, and each person can fully appreciate the card because they have you in common with the others. REALLY? those are background stamps? I honestly thought you made a watercolor background. How nice to have it done for you in a stamp - very "un-messy" LOL Your colorful balloons helped wake me up this morning! Wishing you a great day, hugs, de

Conniecrafter said...

Oh she is going to totally love this and your shading of the dog is just fantastic, coloring black is so hard and you achieved it perfectly! Love the fun splattered background and the pop of color with the fun balloons, if this doesn't brighten up a stressful day I don't think anything could, Terrific!!

Darnell said...

You've used my favorite colors with your great background stamps, Leslie, and I love the matching flourishing stitched banner across the top! As a lover of black labs (well, all colors of labs!), I think your pup is the best ever carrying those fun and colorful balloons! This is the perfect dog-lover's birthday card!! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

OMG Leslie...your doggie is so dog gone cute!!! Your friend will love her brightly colored and fun card. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Kathy Krug said...

I don't own a single splatter or dot stamp. These look so amazing and your colors are beautiful I had to smile when i saw the card. That pup is too cute.

Yogi said...

cute!!. have a great day

pam said...

OMW Leslie, this dog is so cute! love the balloons he`s holding, fantastic stamps and colours for your background, love the banner by MB.
Your coworker will adore her birthday card.
Hugs Pam x

Sherri said...

This is definitely a HAPPY card! Made me smile just looking at it! Love the background! Wish I had those 2 stamps! lol Your puppy is just perfect for her! Such a thoughtful thing to do and so like you! I bet everyone at your old job just waits for their cards!

Belle said...

OK! So where have you been all my card making life, I'm into my 4th year without you.

I just spent an hour looking at so many wonderful cards, didn't find one I couldn't say AH! to or laugh with, not at, or just drool over! You coloring is so terrific! I just gotta practice more with my markers.

Seriously, you are a ray of sunshine in what is a very dreary winter. I hate the rain and I live in SW WA, go figure! You really have sparked my interest in getting busy with my card making and moving out of my small world of stamp companies, well really only 1 company. I love using dies, but yours are so different and so well placed on you cards that my budget is going to have to get bigger at least for a little while.

OK! Enough for now as I want to continue looking at your cards.

Claudia
PS... As a owner of the most beautiful and disobedient black lab puppy, you can tell that your dogs are loved and well cared for



Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Such a cute card - I'm sure your friend enjoyed receiving it. I'm sure it brighten her day at work as well.

Margaret said...

Awwww. .. so cute. What a great image - so cheerful and fun. I'm sure she will be delighted to receive this and you are so thoughtful to send a card to all your former co-workers.

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute and I like that you personalized it with the black dog. She will love it. The splatter stamp is great no need for a new one I agree. Too cute!

Lynette said...

So cheery, Leslie! How perfect for your friend, with her black dog on it:) Love the die cuts and your wonderful coloring. I also love that you have your old stamps and old SU! colors. (I still have tons of each!)

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love it, Leslie! It just screams "HAPPY"!