Monday, February 27, 2017

February Christmas Cards

I'm having a hard time working up the enthusiasm for Christmas cards this time of year.  However, I got two done just under the wire for the month of February.  The thing is, I enjoy the process no matter what kind of cards I'm making... it's just the getting started that's hard.

These cards use Power Poppy's Holly Go Lightly set from their 2016 Christmas release.  I used darned near every stamp in the set and that makes me feel good.




Both cards use a background cut with Die-namics Stitched Cover Up Companion.  I cut it once from designer paper and once from kraft card stock, and switched around the inside panels.  Stickles Stardust glitter was added to make the holly more jolly.  There's Wink of Stella on the ribbon and baubles in the first card, but not visible in the photo.



Both cards can be mailed with one postage stamp.  This brings my Christmas card total up to four.  I'll have to do better, but at least it's progress.  More card details are written out in the recipe below.  Have a happy day!


Stamps:  Power Poppy Holly Go Lightly clear stamp set  Paper:  Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card for main image of card #1; Neenah 110 lb white for all other stamped pieces, plus embossed panel; Bazzill cream and red card stocks for card bases; American Crafts Kringle & Co designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black for colored images; SU! Chocolate Chip for main sentiments; Creamy Caramel for vertical sentiment on card #1; CTMH Vanilla Cream for solid holly image stamped faintly on image panel of card #1; Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Wink of Stella; Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder; Die-namics Stitched Cover Up Companion; Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers (#1); Spellbinders Nested Lacy Pennants (#1)

20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow!! What terrific designs! Gorgeous cards Leslie and beautifully coloured too. I'm finding it hard to create anything at the moment...

Joan B said...

wow both just jump off the page.

Diane said...

Beautiful!! I love how many pretty layers and colors you have yet so easy to mail, especially Christmas cards as it sure can add up!! I admire you for starting early, I need to do that and even thought of addressing them too, so all I have to do is then add postage! Have a great week!

Tricia T said...

These are beautiful, Leslie! I especially love the second one - the colors just make me happy!

Anonymous said...

Love love both of these cards - way cool!! JM

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Boy, you are really good! Not one Xmas card but two! These cards look so happy - I love your stitching! It makes me feel good when I can use all the stamps as well! Have a great week!

Yogi said...

lovely. LOVE those holly berries. Have a great day

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... Koodos to you for making not just one but TWO beautiful Christmas cards in February! I probably need to join in on one of the ongoing Christmas card challenges so I'm not going crazy at years end trying to have enough holiday cards for everyone else as well as myself but I just 'can't seem to do it' ... so, congrats! These are FANTASTIC! Love that Die-namics die and how you've reversed it! Of course your coloring is always TOP NOTCH! Beautifully designed creations that someone is sure to ooohh - awwweee over this coming holiday season! Well done!

pam said...

Well done you Leslie, Two gorgeous Christmas cards, your colouring is amazing on these gorgeous images, beautiful papers with stitching, wish I could get in the mood for Christmas makes, still up to my eyes in Wedding stationary for my Granddaughter and DT work.
Hugs Pam x

Lynette said...

Oh my - these are awesome! I would love to be there to watch your creative process, but especially to watch you color! I love the die cuts and the layout of both of these, as well as the wonderful stamps.

Jeanne H said...

Good for you getting to four! I've two and none posted! :-)

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful cards Leslie! Really love the layers and designs! I'm not going to like you around December when you have your cards done and I'm just starting......!!

Margaret said...

Both are fabulous. I love that frame die that you used on both cards. Need to make time for Christmas cards, but I'm trying to get myself organized.

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous these both are, Leslie! I envy not only that you have 2 Christmas cards made, but that they are OH SO GORGEOUS with their festive papers and beautifully colored images. My favorite part is that tiny sentiment so carefully (and meticulously) added vertically on card 1 - how delightful to "read that" without actually realizing that I was reading it! Fantastic in every way, from the fun embossing, to the lovely Leslie-style coloring! love, de

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow Leslie these are both gorgeous, I sure love all the stitched dies with your sewing, great design and coloring on both cards, love the holly with the sentiment on the first one and your use of the papers with the kraft cardstock is a terrific combo, totally love these! You are 4 ahead of me :)

Stacy Morgan said...

What.... You worked up your enthusiasm just fine. These are awesome! I like the stitched like die edges you used, wonderful warm colors. Not to mention gorgeous coloring... Leslie I love both of these, the holly looks amazing. I think you worked it up just great and so glad you have two done already. Well technically one to give out as I get one of these this year. ;-) Better get cooking on more. hee hee

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Holy Holly Cow! Gorgeous cards!

Sherri said...

I'm behind on my commenting! These are just fabulous! Your coloring is always amazing & so is your design! I didn't think I was in the Christmas card mood, but I sure am now! What a great idea to get a jump start on next year's cards! Hugs!!

Pauline said...

Yes, me too, behind in commenting! Leslie, both cards are gorgeous. Love how you inserted co-ordinating papers in the die openings, I have this die as well and never thought to do that - thanks for the idea! Fabulous colouring as always, love all the layers and finishing touches, and the way you placed the sentiment up the side on your first one. They are both unique in their own way. Also, good for you for getting 2 more Xmas cards done- very impressive! Have a wonderful day.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Leslie, these are gorgeous, and I am even later yet than Pauline! I love both of these and love these sweet images with your amazing DP and great layouts! They are stunning, and I should start making Christmas cards soon. Before you know it, right? Hugs! xoxo