Hello, crafty friends! I hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend doing whatever makes you happy. I've been retired for going on 11 years now, but I still find something special about the weekends. After all those working years I just don't get over the feeling of release that comes with a Friday night.
I'm here today to share in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge where the optional theme is "Things with Wings". That's my cue to color up my newest Penny Black stamp, Wings of Joy. It's easy for me to go overboard with my Penny Black purchases because I'm such a fan, but I've been conservative lately. This stamp though, sigh... and the Serenity Edger die set... they were a quick hop into my basket.
I stamped the bird and branch in Memento Toffee Crunch, and the sentiment in Palette Noir on extra white hot pressed watercolor paper and watercolored with Tombow markers. Sponged the edges with Stampin' Up More Mustard ink. After layering onto a card base of ivory textured Bazzill I applied the watercolored die cut "serenity" and a few iridescent sequins.
The set has a larger wisteria chain and extra leaves which I've already stamped and will try to turn into a card soon. Penny Black has just released a Christmas collection and I'm currently trying to make my conservative choices. I'm thinking poinsettias and a sentiment/die set. It's never ending.
Challenges:
NBUS Challenge #89 -- My never before used schtuff is the Penny Black Wings of Joy stamp set.




.gif)
20 comments:
Your card is so sweet, Leslie! I adore this darling bird perched on those beautiful pink wisteria blooms. A very peace invoking card for sure.
LOVE the coloring of that word. Pretty card. Have a great day
Gorgeous car Leslie, love delicate watercoloured the die-cut Serenity and beautiful stamped image- you should be on the DT of NBUS lol.
Carol x
Your choices are wise, my friend! This precious little songbird is so wonderful - you've colored her beautifully and very much like the Song Sparrows my Merlin app picks up each morning!
Just love how you've placed the Serenity die cut - I have my eye on their new Glory... and of course those Poinsettias you mentioned!
=]
Such a sweet bird, pretty flowers and an awesome sentiment make for a wonderful creation, Leslie! That bird looks like he's singing for joy! It's hard to be conservative with those purchases. So much to love and I have to keep reminding myself that there's just not enough time!
Beautiful card Leslie. Your colouring of the bird and blooming branch is so wonderful. You have brought the whole image to life. Love the soft sponging around the edges to guide the eye to the center. xx
So beautiful, I always love seeing your 'new', but heck, I love seeing your 'old' too, each and every one a pleasure to see, always inspiring too. So far I have been good at not ordering much as I still have mountains of new to use!!
I'm loving the fabulous pink blooms you've given your pretty little bird to sing in! I can see why you had to have these new goodies, they're fantastic and you've used them perfectly!
This is great and what a lovely sentiment too. I am the same with the weekends. They are still a treat and the routine is slightly different xx
I totally agree with you about retirement. I have been Retired 12 years and still feel the weekends are special. Don’t know why that is but a Friday night glass of wine taste the same now as it did after a full work week. Your Penny Black stamps are fantastic especially with that new edger die. I have a new one I haven’t used yet. This card motivates me and I do have time this weekend so thanks, my friend.
Sweet card,, your little bird looks so adorable on the flowery branch and I love the ombre colour of your sentiment xx
I too have a few things I love out of that new set they released.
This is just gorgeous, beautiful coloring of it all, I really love how you did the bird and the colors on the sentiment die, beautifully done!
Gorgeous. You always do such a great job putting everything together.
Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leslie! PB does have the most gorgeous images, and you make them even prettier with your awesome coloring and blending! Love the serenity die cut too! Such a sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
Absolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x
I knew you would get this set, Leslie, andI knew I would LOVE seeing what you create with it! A beautiful scene and lovely sentiment - and sequins too! I'm delighted and smiling.
I always feel serene looking at your masterpieces, Leslie! This card is a wonderful example of how your Love of/for Nature is shared so lavishly through your beautiful cards. Thanks for warming my heart this afternoon. hugs, de
Anything nature related is right up my alley! Leslie, your watercolouring is so amazing, just love all the shading you achieve, oustanding! even the soft watercolouring around the edges, it's like the bird is singing in the sunrise. Amazing card Leslie!
How pretty. Loving the pop of pink flowers.
what a lovely peaceful card, Leslie. Love the inking and the sentiment.
Post a Comment