Monday, August 24, 2026

One for CAS Christmas -- Santa's Sleigh

Well, friends, so far this month I have just one Christmas card to add to the box.  I'm not sure why I was dragging my feet.  Summer, I suppose.  I did, however, want to play along in Loll's CAS Christmas Challenge where Julia has chosen the theme of "Santa's Sleigh".



I don't have much in the way of Santa's sleigh stamps or dies.  I came up with three, but only one that I really wanted to use this year.  I combined a Stampendous sentiment with Lavinia's Pippin Mini and The Wishing Tree.  Three stamps and some ink blending on a one layer card... it doesn't get much more simple or quick in my craft room!




I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed with fine detail powder.  Using torn paper I masked the lower edge for snow, then ink blended over everything with Stampin' Up Almost Amethyst and Brocade Blue.  Wiped away excess ink from the embossed sentiment and images, flicked with water, blotted with a paper towel.  The mini-slimline card is 3 1/2" x 6".




Total Christmas cards in the box:  22

You know I'm not very good at CAS so I hope it's okay for the challenge.  I appreciate the inspiration to create this card as I do love it and I was missing my Lavinia stamps.

Sending thanks to the team at the CAS Christmas Challenge for all the inspiration, and thanks to you for stopping by to visit!



Stamps:  Stampendous Christmas Sky, Lavinia Pippin Mini & Wishing Tree  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110 lb  Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin' Up Almost Amethyst and Brocade Blue  Coloring:  Ink blending with brushes  Other:  WOW! clear gloss super fine embossing powder

19 comments:

Birgit said...

I hope that little rabbit gets what he wished for. I too struggle with making CAS. I always want to add more. I think this card is darling, and it looks CAS to me!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm such a fan of Lavinia stamps in your hands, Leslie! How wonderful that bunny looks searching the skies that you so beautifully inked. The sentiment is an amazing find, but I'm not surprised it came from your goodies stash. I love it!

Marcia Hill said...

It looks CAS to me too Leslie, and also absolutely darling! That little bunny watching for Santa is perfect with the sentiment and I love your ink blended background too! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Your ink blended background is so pretty, Leslie, and the bunny spying Santa is adorable! Another fantastic Christmas card for your box!

HilaryJane said...

This is perfect. I love it xx

I Card Everyone said...

This seems like the best way of staying 'young at heart' as any, Leslie! What a wonderful twilight look at Christmas - I just love the colors and of course your wonderful silhouette stamping!
=]

Barbara said...

So glad that you were able to make this card for the challenge. You always manage to pull one out of you artictis sleeve. That bunnyy should get his wishes. I looked and have not sleigh stamp in my collection. Lol

Linda said...

Leslie, what an adorable card with that fantastic sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Julia Aston said...

I love your wonderful watery winter sky with the field of snow below it, Leslie! The bunny is just the sweetest looking up at Santa riding by on his sleigh! Thank you for joining in my challenge this month at CAS Christmas! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sentiment and the cute rabbit! What a darling card to share with us at CAS Christmas, Leslie. Thanks for playing along this month!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such a sweet card and tugged at my heart. Love it.

Bobbi Miller said...

Leslie, your card is darling! I love Lavinia and own a few but that little bunny and sentiment may have to find their way to my house. I always forget to use retired Stampin' Up! inks too. Love your color combo.

Loll said...

Gorgeous ink blended colours for the background, Leslie. Love your wonderful sentiment and the sweet tree with bunny. :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Diane said...

Well how cute is this scene!! What a clever and fun way to use your stamps, pretty mix of inks too, I have yet to use my Lavinia stamps, tells you I have too much doesn't it LOL!!

Lynette said...

Love the sentiment and the way you did everything on this card!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous ink blending Leslie! Where are you finding Neenah SS Super Smooth? I love that cardstock! You nailed CAS this time. I think CAS is different for everyone. A lot of times I think my card is CAS but it gets thrown out of CAS challenges! ugh

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful, your background blending and water sprinkling turned out terrific, and like how you combined the stamps, cute sentiment to go with the scene!

Christine said...

Wow, what a fantastic card, the night time colours are beautiful and I love how your used the Lavinia stamps and that perfect sentiment xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Don't you love it when a card comes together like this one. I know they take longer to make than they look! Love this! ❄️Sue Kment