Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Double D Challenge: Your Favorite Fruit


We have some colorful pickin's for you today at Double D!  Our theme is "Your Favorite Fruit".  Have a look at the inspiring deliciousness below:



Isn't it beautiful?  I do love fruit!  How can I pick a favorite?  I always have apples, bananas, and oranges in the house.  Fresh picked strawberries are indescribable.  Blackberries, salmonberries, thimble berries, huckleberries, and salal berries grow wild around our house and I love them all.  Blueberries are grown in abundance nearby and I can't get enough.  Mangos are definitely a favorite, especially the honey mangos.  Oh, and peaches, apricots, pineapple, cherries, grapes, kiwi, raspberries, pears.  Later this summer I'll be eating plums and figs off the tree at my BIL's house (but not too many figs).  That's just to name a few.  I could go on.  Oops, forgot cantaloupe and star fruit... somebody stop me!

But what would a summer picnic or barbeque be without watermelon?  Let's ask Flappy what he thinks:

 



I always say "love me, love my dog hair", but this might be a bit much.  However, even dogs need to beat the heat, and I know there are many people around the world trying to do just that this summer.  Flappy is a new-to-me Purple Onion favorite called Watermelon Chill.  I colored him with my Tombow markers and designed the card with mostly spare parts and scraps.  The "Stay cool" is from a retired Power Poppy set.

The screen is an Amazon find by way of Pinterest ad.  Those ads have gotten to me quite a few times now and I can't say I'm sorry.  I popped it up to help keep Flappy cooler.



That's it from me, friends!  Check out the team's favorite fruits at Double D, and then pick yours and share it, too.  Have a happy day!


Stamps:  Purple Onion Watermelon Chill, retired Power Poppy Forest Fellas sentiment  Paper:  Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb watercolor, BasicGrey June Bug designer paper  Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black for Flappy, Memento Tuxedo Black for sentiment  Coloring:  Tombow markers  Dies:  Lapoo Geometric Circle, Taylored Expressions Ric Rac Borders, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, Cottage Cutz Flowers  Other:  1" circle punch for sentiment, Scotch brand foam mounting tape, Stampin' Up Subtle 3D embossing folder for card base

23 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

What a life, probably the coolest play to lay lol Love your polka dots and that rick rack! That watermelon looks so yummy even if it does have a bit of dog hair on it :) I do love the smell of watermelon, so clean and fresh and delicious. ps I have not heard of half of those types of berries--oh what a sheltered life I live!

Vicki said...

This is adorable Leslie! That sweet doggie is truly enjoying that cool watermelon. So many gorgeous details and beautiful coloring in this scene. You always amaze me with how you pull everything together to make a spectacular design on your cards.

Darlene said...

OMG ... LOL ... how adorable! You made me smile immediately with this little guy! Awesome creation!

Cat Craig said...

Another great card, Leslie. Love the image and the circle behind your image. Great interest.

Margaret said...

So cute. He does look cool. We could use some of that down here in H Town.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...Flappy is ADORABLE Leslie! Colored to perfection and who doesn't love watermelon?!! I hate slicing it up (so hubby does it), but boy oh boy do I love eating it! And like you, all the other fruits too! Wish I liked veggies as much as I like fruit! But anyway, sweet, SWEET card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Those darn Amazon ads have gotten me a few times too.... He is a cutie and looks like he may have already eaten too much watermelon :) I love the sentiment in the center of the flower and that die does make a great screen doesn't it, fun paper to go with it too and the touch of ric rac, too cute! Of course your coloring is always terrific, I love the look of fur you gave to him with your coloring!

I Card Everyone said...

It's definitely hot and floppy 'round here, Leslie - Flappy has the right idea! I ate a whole watermelon in the last 2 weeks practically all by myself! I salt mine - how about you?
LOVE that new screen die - right up my alley! The whole card is just screaming summertime to me!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Your little dog looks like the watermelon is doing its job and keeping him cool. I love that die in the frame. Had to go and look it up. Sadly it doesn't seem to be available in this country. I love the red and green too. Aren't you lucky to have so much fruit growing right by you. Great card xx

Lisa Elton said...

You sound like my dad, the man LOVES his fruit! This is loads of fun, Leslie. That little pup has the right idea in trying to cool down! Cute card!

Lynette said...

Adorable, and SO fun, Leslie!! I'm with you about the fruit! We always have lots of fruit in the house. Love the variety, and then the apples and oranges are always there when the ones that spoil quicker are gone. :-)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card, love the gorgeously cute image and the die-cut screen-I have a banana, raspberries, blueberries, seeds and honey every morning in my porridge.
Carol x

Judy Woodland said...

Awe, your little doggie, perfectly colored, just makes me smile all over my face. I love your design, especially with the die cut background inside the circle. Very clever. Oh, and I have never heard of Salmonberries. Hmmmm........

Cynthia M said...

Flappy is adorable! I love watermelon too. I eat it year-round! Love the polkadots, the flower, the background die cut - it’s all pulled together so professionally! Cool!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, Flappy is adorable! That's just how I feel in this heat. Your card is so cute, sweet with the red and green colors and that lovely screen. It adds just the right touch! A great amazon find. I love the rick rack too!

Birgit said...

aaahhh, the life of a dog doesn't get any better than this! That's one way to keep cool, but I'll pass on the watermelon. ;0) This is adorable Leslie!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, what a stunning card. All your elements are perfect! You know how I love a bright and cheerful colors, and then adding a cute little pup to the mix giving this card an A+! I have not heard about Pinterest ads???? Hmmm I will have to check it out!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Two of my favorite things. Puppy dog and watermelon. This puts a smile on my face.

Bonnie said...

Flappy looks quite cool and what a wonderful place to cool off! Wonderful coloring and a beautiful, fresh mix of colors! Love, love, love this, Leslie!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so adorable!! Your colouring is always amazing, and I love all the fun details. I'm not familiar with Purple Onion and will check out their store. :) xx

Barbara said...

Having just returned from our trip yesterday I'm trying to get back into the swing of comments. Reading your post was just what I needed. Once again a fun card everything on it just reeks of summer from the polka dots to the rickrack and that fun dog cooling off on a slice of watermelon. You are amazing.

Diane said...

OMGosh, this is absolutely adorable, kind of reminds me of my Mack LOL, the cutest ever!! Sorry to be so late in commenting but we had a family crisis here last week so it took a toll on me being on the 'puter' much!!

Pauline said...

Awe, Leslie Flappy is so adorable, love how he is chillin on the watermelon slice! wonderful colouring and love your design, well done!