Hello again and happy Monday!
I sure have been having fun with my Spellbinders flowers lately. These funky Fresh Picked Daisies are another set that's been in the not-yet-used basket too long. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and get caught up. I wonder how many times I've said that.
Easy coloring this time with Copics. I pulled a background from my bag 'o backgrounds. It's a soft piece that resulted from pressing regular Hammermill cardstock into inks left over from a watercolor. The sentiment is Penny Black. The sequins are peach colored. Everything is listed in the recipe at the end.
This card is already in the mail to a lovely friend.
Can you tell I'm hurrying? It's a beautiful day as I write this and the garden needs me. I hope you're having a beautiful day, too!
Stamps: Penny Black Loveliness sentiment Paper: Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, something textured for the card base -- possibly SU Apricot Appeal(?) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black for sentiment Coloring: Copics Dies: Spellbinders Fresh Picked Daisies, Hemstitch Rectangles Other: Sequins, foam dots


.gif)
17 comments:
Beautiful card and love the beautiful die-cut daisies, I don't know hoe you can resist using them for so long. Ooops as I wrote this just remembered a stamp set I won months ago and still not used lol.
Carol x
So glad to see you put this lovely die to work. Your card is a beautiful depiction of the perfect summer day in the garden. I have no doubt your friend will be pleased when this arrives. The soft background is dreamy!
Lovely as usual. Probably as many times as I've said it... Have great day
So much to love about this card Leslie!! Your soft background is so pretty and just perfect for your wonderful Daisies! And I always love how the hemstitch die looks on a card (I've been using it a bit on my cards too!)...finishes it off so beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card for a friend! Hugs. :0)
Leslie, your daisies are going to be received with a smile - they sure gave me one this morning!
BTW it doesn't matter how many times we vow to get caught up - as long as we don't stop trying!
=]
I'm having a beautiful day, glad we are getting some rain. You are rocking your Spellbinders and I love that you colored the pretty daisies with Copics. What a fabulous background! I will have to try that good idea sometime. Enjoy your lovely garden, Leslie!
I love your happy little daisies, Leslie! They look so pretty with your background and the soft shade of peach you added. Another delightful card!
I don't think you've tried to catch up with those not yet used things any more than I have. It's a never-ending battle. But a fun one to be involved in! This background is so dreamy and perfect to show off the fun daisies! I hope you had a lovely time in the garden. I need to get out too, if it would ever cool off enough.
your background is just lovely to go with the gorgeous flowers, your shading on the leaves is just wonderful, love how big it is to fill the whole card!
I spent a couple hours outside today doing yard work, more still needs to be done but got the worse I guess.
Leslie, those are such delightfully fun daisies you colored! I love the Hemstitch background too, it really adds the eye appeal to the card and the flowers!
Such a beautiful card and I love the soft background. Such fun to use new stuff.
Ahhh, daisies - my favorite! So pretty and cheerful.
I do love daisies and these ones are very quirky and delightful. It is so good that you have now used the, love the softly inked background too. It has been hot here again so difficult to be in the garden, but I did manage some deadheading a little earlier xx
such pretty daisies and I love the variegated leaves. Gorgeous card xx
You picked a lovely softly colored background for your daisies. Sweet card, Leslie. Enjoy your garden.
Beautiful daisies!! LOVE that background! xx
Gorgeous dreamy backgroud for your beautiful daisies! Love the colours and the Hemstitch rectangle. I need to pull that our and use it, it's been a while. Hope you had a good day in your garden. take care,
Post a Comment